- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
There is more to this simple relationship than meets the eye...all will be revealled in later chapters.
"Well Gibbs, you've pissed the FBI off, you really are a b...", " Bastard?", " Well yeah". Gibbs was working on his boat in the basement drinking with FBI agent Tobias Fornell, they had pissed each other off on several occasions. Gibbs remembers the first time they met on Air Force One - He smirked he really was a bastard. Ever since then, Gibbs and Fornell had worked mutually on several cases- normally ending up with them drinking in Gibbs basement, tonight was one of those nights.

"So Tobias, at least we caught him" Gibbs said.

"Caught who?", standing at the top of the stairs was Jo (with a big grin on her face), Gibbs niece.

"Hey kid" - both Tobias and Jethro said at the same time as she made her way down the stairs to give her a uncle a hug. She moved over to Tobias and he reached out to shack her hand, but she pulled him closer for a hug, Jo had always gotten along with Tobias - better than her Uncle anyway. He sat back down on his stool and took another drink. "It's been a long time Tobias. What are you two doing down here? Don't tell me your building a boat in your basement now?", Jo liked to make fun of them on occasions, she never crossed the line by taking a joke to far, she respected these two men too much.

Fornell let out a laugh and shook his head, " No, not yet, but you'll be the first to know"! Tobias swallowed the last mouthful of brownish liquid in his glass and stood up and reached for his jacket- " I better leave you two to catch up, the missues'll be wondering where I am, I'll see you for the conference next week Gibbs - We'll have to catch up soon kid, Night", Jo and Jethro said there goodbyes to Tobias and sat down at opposite ends of the boat.

"How've you been then?" Jo asked, this was always the first question that was asked after she had been away with the core for months on end - this time they had to catch up on 6 months of stories. Jethro gotup and reached for a bottle "Where do I start??", he handed a Jo a glass with a clear liquid in it and then he sat back down, Jo took a swig, "From the beginning Jethro". They stayed there, working on the boat until the early hours of the morning swappping stories.


....Tony had just got home, he couldn't get Jo out of his head and had walked around for hours after he had left McGee. He fell on to his bed, he was exhausted - what a long day, but with a near perfect end, except he had come home alone - but that didn't seem to bother him not tonight! He managed to find the energy to stand up and empty his pockets onto the bedside table... he felt in his jacket pocket and pulled out some change and a crumpled bit a paper, I didn't put that in there he thought. He put his jacket down and sat on the edge of the bed, he unfolded the piece of paper to reveal a small and neat handwriting. Written on the paper was a name and a phone number;

Jo
07893243568 x

Tony smiled, she was like him a flirt, that was sly - he sat for a while staring at the words written on the paper. He put the paper carefully down and smiled to himself. He switched off the light and got into bed, the only thing he knew for now was he felt like he had never felt before and the ball was in his court - it was his move.