- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
This is set the day after Tony and Jo meet. Part one is us seeing what happens Jo's day.
Jo woke up to the smell of coffee that was circulating the house - Home Sweet Home she thought. She got up and headed down to the kitchen where Jethro stood with his usual mug of coffee - like every morning the statement was the same at this time- "How can you drink that stuff at this time in the morning?!! It's 6am" and always Jethros reply was the same " Easy.... Practise". They both laughed as Jo grabbed a coffe mug and began to pour the smooth brown liquid into it. Jo was the same as Jethro, she needed a coffee to do almost everything.

They chatted for a while over some toast and another mug of coffee, about what they both had planned for the day. Jethro was going to work and having a meeting with his director and wouldn't be back till 6pm. Jo was sorting some stuff out in the morning catching up with some navy stuff and the heading to Mackies- the nearby shooting range with 2 of her closest core buddies.

Jethro stood up and gave Jo a kiss on the cheek and left for work. Jo showered and dressed and spent most of the morning on the phone to Quantico, Norfolk and Gitmo - being in the core wasn't as simple as going abroad and coming back , there was always paperwork to do.

At about 12 Jo left the house and got in her car, when she felt her phone vibrate in her pocket - she had a text message from some random number, it read;

Hey there r u free on Friday? ;) Tony x

She went to reply but stopped, she didn't want him to think she was too keen, leave it an hour - let him sweat.

She arrived at Mackies at 1.15, She was last to arrive. "What kept you this time?", her two friends asked. The usual reply " Just making an entrance!".

They went into the range chatting about the day ahead and decided on loser buys dinner. After about an hour of non moving targets Jo was in the lead. She pulled out her phone as they walked to the next court, and replyed to the earlier message;

Hey there Tony, how r u? I'll have to get back 2 u about Friday, what do u have planned? Jo x

They finished up at the range at about 5pm and headed to the local Chinise where the loser Bobby paid for dinner. They got back to Jos when she felt another vibrating in her pocket;

Hey, I wanted it to be a suprise.Tony x

Jo replied;

Sounds 2 me like u don'tno yet? but I like surprises Jo x

half an hour later Jo recieves another message;

So ur gonna come then? How about 1pm? Tony x

The phone rings making Jo jump, she chats away for a couple of minutes. Was just Jethro he's on his way back" Across the table Leo and Bobby were laughing " You really thought that guy in the bar would call didn't you?" Jo smirked they sometimes knew better but in this case she'd sit there and be smug and not say anything, she'd show them!

She picked up her phone and replyed to Tony;

Yeah i'm coming on Friday, can't turn down a surprise now can I? Give me a text with a place when uve decided on one and i'll c u there, speak 2 u soon Jo xx