- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
A rewrite of how Kate and Tony meet. Part one in the Todd sister series. Complete! Part II will be called Holiday Cheer.
Disclaimer I own only Michelle.

Caitlin Todd sat down on one of the plush seats on Air Force One. Glancing down at her watch impatiently. She needed to get to Washington on time or her baby sister would shot her. Kate fidgeted in her seat earning a glare from the secretary of defense.

Smiling sheepishly she turned away from him. Opening her bag she pulled out a file her sister had sent to her. Looking down she glanced at the photo that was paper clipped to his wrap sheet. Flipping to where Michelle had jotted down some notes about the man.

Bradley Lawrence was twenty five years of age and had a wrap sheet longer that a novel. From everything from petty larceny to attempted murder. Rolling her eyes as she glanced down at the crime scene photos one was Petty Officer Corbin Gross.

Moving to the next was a Navy Seal by the name of Collin Thomas the final photo was of an NCIS agent or so said the report. Her stomach began to do tumble as she looked at the horrific photos. She glanced up when the hatch slammed shut. Reaching down she fastened her seatbelt. She leaned her head on her hand as she read threw the autopsy report.

Apparently this guy was not only a monster but loved to torture his victims. This man had a fancy from making people suffer. Closing the file she placed it securely back in her bag. Leaning back in her chair as the plane began to climb in altitude. Shifting slightly she rested her head back when an odd feeling shot through her.

She watched as a secret service agent assigned to the first lady walked up and down the corridor. Unfastening her seat belt she moved toward him.

"Excuse me sir. You can't be in this section of the plane please return to your assigned area." Kate said.

The man nodded swiftly and began to move back toward the first lady's room. When he stopped short it put Kate on edge. As he began to reach into his pocket. Pulling her gun out from its holder she stepped in forward.

"Sir please remove your hand from your jacket."

The man turned around.

"And if I don't."

"You'll be dead be fore you hit the ground." Kate said gripping her gun.

The man smiled widely and slowly began to pull his hand out. She saw the gleam of metal. Kate took a step forward.

"Drop your weapon!" she yelled as she watched out of the corner of her eye as the President and secretary of state were rushed out of the room.

His hand was now out of his jacket and he was holding what looked like to be a grenade.

"Drop your weapon! Or I'll shoot!" she yelled again.

"Okay." He said. As he launched his arm back to throw it.

Kate squeezed the trigger and watched as his body jerked from the force of the impact. She watched in horror as the grenade slipped from his lifeless grasp. It exploded in a cloud of dust. Kate coughed violently as the smoke assaulted her lungs.

Sagging against the wall in relief.

"Are you okay?" Rich Marlow head of the secret service asked.

"Yes, but he not." She said nodding toward the dead man.

"I can see that." She said with a smirk.

Moving into the back of the plane Madeline the President's daughter ran to her and hugged her legs tightly.

"Tank you Kate." She said looking up at her.

Kate smiled at the girl.

"You never have to thank me." She said softly.

2:00 pm Washington.

Agent Michelle Todd was ready to strangle the man she was talking to over the phone. Special Agent Jethro Gibbs was like a dog with a bone. He refused to let this case go.

"Agent Gibbs this is not an NCIS matter any more it is now a federal investigation.

"That man killed one of my agents! I want this case please." He said near desperation.

Michelle closed her eyes she knew what it was like to lose a member of the team.

"Fine Agent but I and sister will be joining your team for the duration of this investigation."

"Thank you I'll see you within the hour." He said as he hung up.

Leaning back in her chair Michelle sighed. She had heard horror stories about Agent Gibbs how one of his best agents was recently killed when her car exploded. Now he was hell bent on making sure that they caught him no matter what it cost him.

Looking up when someone knocked on her door she smiled when she saw her sister through the glass. Rushing over she pulled to door open and hugged her sister tightly.

"I'm glad you're okay I heard what happened." Michelle said looking at Kate.

"How? It was not released." Kate said in slight shock.

"Kate I'm FBI." She said rolling her eyes.

"True." She said with a laugh.

"Come on before were late." Michelle said grabbing her sister and dragging her behind.

"Late for what?" she asked as her sister pulled her down the hall.