- Text Size +
Chapter 5:

Gibbs watched as Michelle collapsed to the floor and sobbed uncontrollably. Moving over to her quickly he placed a hand on her shoulder. Abby broke out of her trance and watched as Gibbs did his best to comfort Michelle. Moving toward them she placed a hand on Gibbs shoulder and mouthed " I've got this.".

Gibbs nodded and moved out of the way but stood rooted to the floor as Abby rocked a sobbing Michelle. He had only known this girl for all of two days and he never thought she was capable of this kind of emotion. Rubbing a hand over his face he averted his eyes.

Looking over at the computer screen he say a message flashing on the screen. Walking over to the desk her sat down and clicked on the flashing message. Abby's e-mail popped up and greeted him with a "You've got mail." Gibbs rolled his eyes and clicked and the new message.

He was surprised at the one line message.

Watch This

Scrunching his eyebrows he clicked on the link pervaded. A grainy image began to appear. Moving closer to the screen he was finally able to make out the picture. It was Kate and Tony bound to two chairs. Then he heard a voice.

"Come find them Gibbs. You have forty eight hours." then the image cut off. By this time Abby and Michelle were standing behind him.

" At least we know their alive." Abby murmured softly to Michelle.

"No we don't this could have been pre-tapped." he said turning around in the chair.

He watched as Michelle turned and ran from the room covering her mouth and heading for the restroom.

"Great work Gibbs." Abby hissed as she rushed after her.

Tony groaned and slowly opened his eyes. Trying his best to ignore the throbbing in the base of her skull. Trying to move his hand he was surprised to feel the rope bite into his skin. Cursing under his breath he looked around for Kate. Seeing her slumped in her chair a feeling of dread past through him.

"Kate!" he whispered loud enough for her to hear him.

When he received no reply he became increasingly worried. Letting his head fall forward slightly he tried to get his wrists free. Pulling as hard as he could he heard footsteps out side the door he closed his eyes and pretended to be asleep.

He heard what sound like some sort of boot scrape across the concrete floor. He sensed him circling around him making a clicking noise with his tongue. Then he heard whimpers and a subdued Ouch. Wonderful of all the time she could have woken up she picks now. Hearing the buffoon behind him change directions and schlepped over to Kate.

His heart sunk when he heard a loud smack.

"Hey!" he yelled when Kate screamed. Hearing her body connect with the floor she let out a whimper that made his heart hurt.

"You think hitting her makes you a man!" he asked yelling at the man who was standing over a frightened Kate. He struggled with his bindings trying to break free and kill the man in front of him. He picked up the chair Kate was tied to and, turned toward Tony smirked and left the room slamming the door behind him.

"Don't worry Katie, Lurch is gone." he said to her softly.

"Thank you Tony." she said

"Its okay sweetie. I'm going to get us out of this." he said murmuring softly to her.