- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Detective Kate Todd thought this case would be just like any other, but fate had another idea.
Disclaimer: Don't own NCIS, or Criminal Minds and its characters. Are property of their respective stations.

A/N: I decided to challenge myself and do a double crossover. A Naval officer and his wife turns up dead and his five year old son missing NCIS and the FBI are called in to work in conjunction to find the killer and the boy before time runs out. Also this is AU I did a little re-working. Kate Todd is a Detective for the New Jersey Police Department her partner is Detective Patrick Bolder.


The red and blue lights flashed along the residential neighborhood illuminated the dark homes. Yellow crime scene tape secured the small home that was no infested with police and crime scene techs. Pushing open the door of the black sedan Detective Caitlin Todd and Detective Patrick Bolder exited. Noticing the crowd that was starting to form on the other side of the tape Kate sighed and pulled her hair up into a ponytail, spotting their ME Ella ‘Shells' Lawrence exiting the house.
Moving toward her she saw the young woman her disgust showing on her face.
"How bad?" Kate questioned coming to a stop in front of her.
Shells emerald eyes burn with anger her gloved hands clenched into fists.
"It's horrible. Word of advice breath through your mouth." She said with a sad shake of her head her chestnut locks bouncing.
"How many?" Kate asked with a sigh.
"Three. Petty Officer Saxton, his wife, and Officer Saxton's father." Shells said with a solemn shake of her head.
Patrick cursed and scrubbed a hand over his aged face.
"I'm to old for this." He said with a sigh.
Kate patted him reassuringly on the back.
"How many days till retirement?" Kate asked trying to lift his sprits.
"Twelve days-five hours-and twenty minuets." He replied with out blinking.
Kate chuckled lightly when something caught her eye.
"Shells, is that what I think it is?"
Shelly frowned not catching on right away until she remembered the ring on her finger.
"Oh Mike finally proposed." Ella said with a bright grin.
"Only took him four years." Kate replied with a laugh.
Smiling Shelly looked back down at her chart.
"Detective Todd, you'll want to see this!" Justin, one of the crime scene techs called from the living room.
"Ugh…you want to take statements?" she asked looking over to where her partner had been standing to find him already heading off toward whom she assumed found the bodies.
"Did he find the bodies?" Kate asked pulling latex gloves from her pocket and snapped them on.
Shelly looked over her shoulder and nodded.
"Yes, that's Petty Officer Saxton's son from his first marriage."
"How did you know that?" George, Shelly's assistant asked looking up from his chart.
"I eavesdrop." She replied with a shrug.
Rolling her eyes Kate walked in the front door and coughed at the metallic scent of blood. Ignoring the desire to gage at the smell she glanced around the small living room. She watched as the crime scene techs snapped pictures and bagged evidence. The place was a disaster.
Petty Officer Saxton lye in the center of the room a blanket draped over him. A sign of remorse he more than likely knew his killer.
"Kate!" she heard Shelly call her. Sighing she turned on her heel and headed back out side and came to stop next to her on the lawn.
"What?"
"We have a problem." Shelly said nodding her head toward the car that just pulled up.
"Who are they?" Kate asked her brow furrowing.
"Wait that's….Ducky." Shelly said her eyes wide.
"What's a Ducky?" Kate questioned.
"That's Ducky. I interned with him two years ago. He works for NCIS."
"Perfect." She grumbled.
"Oh my Ella. How long has it been?" Ducky questioned as he walked up the lawn.
"To long Duck." She replied hugging him.
"Ella? I thought you never let anyone call you that." Kate questioned.
"Only Ducky gets to call me that." She replied her eyes narrowing at her friend.
Ducky chuckled softly glanced over his shoulder.
"Jethro come here." Ducky called waving a hand at the group that was walking up the sloped lawn.
"What is it Duck?" Gibbs asked his voice tight.
"You remember me talking about Ella?" Ducky asked tugging on his bowtie.
"Sure." Gibbs replied with a nod.
"Hello." She said with a small smile.
"Duck, bodies are being moved to the morgue."
"Okay I'll ride with you." Ducky said with a curt nod.
"Detective Kate Todd." Kate said stretching out her hand.
"Gibbs, this is Special Agents DiNozzo and McGee." Gibbs said hocking a thumb toward the two yawning men behind him.
"CSU is finishing up there's one body in the living room, one in the master bedroom, and one in the kitchen. I must warn you it's disgusting in there." Kate said spinning on her heel.
The three men following close behind and she continued talking.
"Petty Office Saxton's son from a previous marriage found the bodies. His younger brother Ricky is missing." She continued with a sigh.
"CSU informed me the back door was kicked in."
"Maggie?" Kate called as they entered the kitchen.
"Yes, Detective Todd." Maggie said laying her finger print powder on the table.
"Have you found anything in here?" Kate asked the older woman.
"Partial boot impression, some blood on the outside door handle, and I'm still dusting for prints." She answered blowing her graying hair out of her face.
"Thanks." She replied as she stepped into the shed that led to the back door. Pushing it open she looked out into the spacious yard.
"Maggie, did anyone check outside?"
"Not yet Detective." She called.
"Agents would you mind giving me a hand?" she asked not waiting for a reply she moved out into the dark yard.
"McGee, go upstairs and help CSU. DiNozzo help Detective Todd."
"Where are you going boss?" Tony asked looking over his shoulder.
"Morgue, DiNozzo."
"Right." He said with a nod before exiting the shed.
"Somebody get a paramedic!" Kate screamed as she rushed toward Tony holding a limp body in her arms.