- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Disclaimer: I don't own these characters. Just like everyone else, I'm borrowing them for a story or two...or three...five...twenty...
Author's Chapter Notes:
Abby is accused of murder after an old "friend" of hers is found dead at Abby's apartment and Abby is missing.
Chapter 1


Tony breezed into the bullpen, late, but still flashing his dazzling smile, and carrying a cup of hot coffee to soften up his boss. His confident steps faltered as he realized that he was completely alone. His well thought out excuse for being late vanished from his mind as he wondered where everyone was.

He went over to his desk and found a note taped to his computer.


Tony-


Something's happened at Abby's. Gibbs' pissed of that you're late. Meet us there.

-Tim McGee


Tony studied the note. It looked as though McGee had written it quickly. He reread the first sentence, which hadn't quite sunk in. Something's up at Abby's. He tossed the quickly cooling coffee into the trash and headed back to the elevator, on his way to Abby's.



When he arrived at Abby's apartment building, Tony was first struck by how many people were there. There were police cars everywhere. Flashing his badge to get in, he sprinted up to Abby's floor. Her door was open when he got there, and he could see Ducky leaning over a very female looking body on the floor.

Tony sighed with relief, the moment that he realized that it wasn't Abby.

"What happened Duck?" he asked, hoping to learn something to soften up his boss.

"Go ask Jethro," came Ducky's reply, "He won't admit it, but he was worried about you." Tony sighed again, he had been afraid of this. He was about to ask where his boss was when he felt a heavy hand land on his shoulder. He turned and found that it belonged to Gibbs. His eyes shone with worry, anger, and possibly even fear.

"What happened?" asked Tony before Gibbs could say a word.

"Abby's neighbors reported ‘more screaming than usual' last night. When the police arrived they found our Jane Doe, here dead, and Abby was gone," Gibbs replied, his voice hiding the worry that was shining in his eyes.

"How'd she die, Duck?" He asked, turning to Ducky.

"It would appear that she was stabbed, three times," said Ducky, pointing out the wounds, "Once in the stomach, and twice in the chest. It was the third one that killed the poor dear though, right through the heart.

"We found the knife that did it," said McGee coming over and holding up an evidence bag. The bloody knife inside had a
carved handle, in the shape of a skull.

"But that's the knife I gave Abby for her birthday last year…"
said Tony, his voice trailing off. Gibbs nodded.

"So that makes it look like-" began Tony.

"Abby killed this woman," Ziva finished, joining them.

"But that can't be it, we're missing something," said Tony emotionally, not believing Abby to be a murderer.

"All the evidence is circumstantial for now," said McGee, "She's innocent until proven guilty."

"Then we need to find her, and soon," stated Gibbs.



Back at the office McGee and Ziva got to work on iding the dead woman, Ducky was doing the autopsy on Jane Doe, and Tony got the evidence down to the forensic temp. Gibbs on the other hand was immediately summoned to the Director's office.

Gibbs climbed the stairs to MTAC angrily. He brushed past Cynthia, the secretary, angrily. He burst into the Director's office, angrily.

"No, Jen," he said angrily.

"Special Agent Gibbs, how nice of you to knock," the redhead said without looking up.

"Cut the crap, Jen," Gibbs replied, "The FBI is not taking over this case."

"It's not up to you, Gibbs. You're too close to Abby to handle this one," the Director argued.

"I'm taking this case," he told her forcefully, and then he left, leaving the Director shaking her head in disbelief of his stubbornness.