- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Abby's prints are on the knife, but can the team prove she didn't do it? Meanwhile Abby is being held prisoner.
Chapter 2

When Abby first awoke, she was confused. Then she was angry at herself for being confused. It was not her job to be confused, more like it was to unconfuse people. She tried to remember the last thing that had happened to her. She had been picking out which necklace to where the next day, choosing between her spiky dog collar, and her skull, when someone had knocked at the door. She recalled wondering who it could be as she answered, but after that her memory went blank. Instead of focusing on that, she decided to look around. She was in a small, windowless room; it was more like a cell she decided. It was completely empty, without even a light, but there was a plain door on one wall. She stood up slowly, feeling slightly dizzy.

"Where the crap am I?" she asked out loud, banging on the door.

It remained solidly shut and locked. Okay, she thought, what should I do, what to do? She absentmindedly fingered the silver cross around her neck.

"That's it!" she exclaimed aloud. Taking of the necklace, she jammed the end of the pointed cross into the keyhole. Jiggling it slightly it came unlocked, with a satisfying click! Before opening the door, she paused to think. There was no telling what was awaiting her on the other side, but on the other hand who knew what would happen to her in here? She put her hand on the doorknob, at least this was the element of surprise would be on her side. She opened the door…




As Gibbs descended the stairs from MTAC he saw the dejected looks on his team member's faces.

"What have we got?" he asked trying to sound confident. Tony stepped forward first.

"The temp ran the prints on the knife. All of them were Abby's," he reported.

"The Jane Doe we found is really Krystal Tillon, an old roommate of Abby's. They had a big falling out a couple of years ago and supposedly haven't spoken since," McGee said when Tony was done.

"Ducky says the autopsy confirmed what we already know, but there were traces of alcohol in her blood and finger prints on her neck. We're running them now," Ziva contributed.

Gibbs looked over his team. All evidence here pointed to Abby being the murderess here, and they knew it. The worry on each of their faces shone bright as day. He knew something was missing, though. His gut told him so, it was something obvious.

"Tony, Ziva- go back to her apartment. Go over everything, her computer, everything that could help. You understand? Search all of the cars in the lot. Find out who they belong to and how long they've been there. McGee- go help the temp. Computer simulations, anything will help us figure this out. I want to know exactly what happened from the time the dead girl got there to the time we did. Something's not right. We are going to find out who did this. Now go!" he ordered. All three agents nodded, glad that their boss still had faith in Abby. They rushed to work. Gibbs grimaced. They were going to get to the bottom of this mess, for Abby's sake at least.




The hallway was empty. Abby cautiously stepped out of her cell and quietly closed the door behind her. She wandered down the hallway, feeling as though she were in a dream; except that her dreams usually had her computers come alive and chase her around with DiNozzo. The building reminded her of a hospital, that is until she spotted an armed guard. Quickly she ducked through a door on her right to avoid being seen. She soon realized that this was a mistake.

"Ah, Abby, dear," said a voice behind her in a strong English accent, "I was wondering when you'd join us." She spun around. She was in an office, and sitting behind the mahogany desk was a tall thin man. He looked somehow like a very important kind of person, with the air of control around him.

"Who are you? Where am I?" she asked, "Why am I here,what hap-"

"I'm Jonathon Wesley, but we've no time for questions now," he said cutting her off, "Shouldn't you be back in your room?" A large hand clamped over her mouth from behind. It was the guard she had seen earlier. She instinctively tried to scream as he lifted her bodily off of the floor. She struggled as he half-carried, half-dragged her back to the cell. She only went quiet when she threatened her with his machine gun. It was clear by his sick smile that he would love to shoot her.

When they arrived he took her jewelry, not wanting to provide her the means to escape again. He took everything, from the necklace she had used earlier, to the ring on her finger and the bracelets on her wrists.

Once he was gone, she sat in a corner, crying, and feeling naked without her precious jewelry. Please let them find me, she begged silently, before the urge to rest, overcame her will to stay awake.
Chapter End Notes:
Thanks go to Joseph, for when asked what he would say in Abby's situation he replied rather bluntly "Where the crap am I?" and to Courtney who of all my friends was the only one who said she would have unlocked the door with a bobby pin. I used, minus the bobby pin, a cross seemed more fitting.