- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Abby finally contacts Gibbs, but can he help her in time?
Chapter 5

Abby had a plan by the time that her escort arrived to take her to dinner. She had exchanged her black t-shirt for a red one, and wore a black jacket over it. The sleeves were exactly the right length for what she had in mind.

As she and the guard walked down the hallway they passed many doors. Suddenly, feigning weakness, Abby fell to her knees, clinging to the guard for support. As he helped her to her feet, she discreetly slipped his cell phone out of the holder on his belt. Still hanging onto the guard with her left hand, she used her right to flip open the phone, hiding it partially in her over long sleeve.

Glad that she was so good at texting, she quickly typed out a message and sent it to Gibbs. The trick now was getting the phone back, without getting caught. She casually stepped almost directly in front of him as they walked, causing both of them to fall to the ground. As he got up she quickly dropped the phone and stood herself.

"Your cell," she pointed it out to him, and watched as he picked it up, slightly confused, at her act of kindness. They walked for another minute, before he gestured to a door on their left. She took a deep breath and stepped inside. She had entered a magnificent dining room. A crystal chandelier hung over a table set for a dozen with fie china.

Wesley was sitting at the head of the table, and he motioned for her to join him. She obliged, still marveling at the room, and how it felt as though she had been sent back in time to an old English mansion. When she had been seated, a short man carrying a silver platter stepped up next to her, carrying their drinks, a glass of whine for Wesley, and surprisingly, a Caff Pow, for Abby.

"How did you…why are you…what the hell's going on?" she asked frustratedly, taking a sip, well more of a gulp, of her favorite caffeinated beverage.

"All in good time, dear," he said, clapping his hands once. Another servant appeared, bearing a large platter.

"I had the chef prepare chicken, it's one of your favorites," he told her, and indeed it was. As the cover was whipped of the platter, Abby's mouth began to water.

"I'll explain, while you enjoy," he said, serving her a piece of the beautifully prepared poultry. Abby nodded as she dug in with gusto, listening carefully.

"You've been wondering why I took you away," he told her, "Why I didn't simply have you killed, but put you in a beautifully furnished room. It would have been easy to kill you though; I'd just have to poison you." Abby stopped chewing the mouth watering chicken she had in her mouth. Poison, she mentally slapped herself, she hadn't thought of that. Wesley noticed that she had stopped eating.

"I want you alive," he said convincingly. Well, Abby thought, if it is poisoned then I should enjoy a good meal before I die, and continued to eat.

"You see," he continued, "Five years ago, your Special Agent Gibbs, helped to put me in jail for murder. I t nearly killed me, to go to jail, being the kind of man that I am, who has all of the finer things in life. So I escaped and came here. This facility was a boarding school back in the day, so I spruced it up a bit, before I went to jail that is. You see my dear, I suffered so much pain in prison, that I swore I'd get revenge. I swore to make Special Agent Gibbs feel a tiny part of the suffering that I went through," he was still watching her, and Abby gulped, guessing what was coming next.

"You will be dead," he said, "to him at least," he amended, seeing the terror on Abby's face. "I will tell him you are dead, send him something to prove it, blood, or you hair, anything, and you will live out the rest of your life here, with me. Don't look so astonished, it'll all work out perfectly," he told her.

"You're crazy," she yelled at him, "I'll get out, they'll find me!"

"It's possible that I'm crazy," he replied shrugging, "I've never really considered it, but good evening Abby. You should be going now." The guard entered the room behind her and placed a firm hand on her shoulder. She rose and left the room, tears in her eyes. What was she going to do, she wondered hysterically.





Ziva had insisted on the honors of questioning the man that they had found. No one really argued with her. McGee and Tony were watching the whole ordeal from behind the one way mirror, laughing at their teammate's tactics. Watching Ziva was helping McGee to relax a bit, he had been so stressed since Abby had gone missing.

"I know of over a hundred ways to make you talk, but my boss insists that I ask first," she was saying, "So I will, again. What happened to Abby?" the man was still pretty drunk and apparently very confused.

"For the last time I don't know an Abby. I told you," he said holding his head in his hands, "I just stole the freakin' car okay!"

"No," she replied, yelling at him, "It's not okay, I-" but she broke off when Gibbs had entered the interrogation room. He nodded at her to leave, and sat down across the table from the man.

"Look," said the man, "I'll tell you the same think I told the chick, I stole the freakin' car, but that's it."

Ziva had joined Tony and McGee behind the mirror. Together they watched their boss, waiting to see what he had in store for the drunk.

"Wonder what he's gonna do to him," commented McGee.

"Something good," replied Tony confidently, their boss was definitely the master at interrogation.

"Is that the truth?" asked Gibbs calmly, watching for a reaction.

"Yes! Of course it is!" the man said exasperatedly, "I stole the car!"

"Okay," said Gibbs getting up and moving towards the door.

"Okay," repeated the man, not sure he believed it.

"Okay?!?!?" repeated Tony disbelievingly, "That's it? That's all he's gonna do!?"

"Yeah DiNozzo," said Gibbs, who had just entered the small room, and smacking his agent upside the head. "He didn't do it. He doesn't have Abby."

"How can you be so sure?" asked Ziva.

"Because of this," he replied, tossing her his phone. Catching the cell, she quickly read the text message that was on the screen.


Gibs-
hlp me plaz. kdnpped bi jonuthon wesly ned help fst scrd, stl cel frm gard. hav mgee trac tis fnd me sonn
Abe