- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Abby finally makes the call, put can she deal with the consequences?
Chapter 6

When Abby got back to her room she began to cry harder. Her whole body shook with sobs, until she thought of Gibbs. What would he say if he saw her like this, crying and not doing anything to help herself. She dried her eyes. She wouldn't speak to her captor again, she decided, she would just plan to be too much to handle.

She began to destroy the room. It helped to vent her anger. She tore pictures from the walls, broke the sculptors, she tore the sheets of off the bed. She ripped open pillows and scattered feathers everywhere. She broke the writing desk and threw some of its pieces through the window. She went into the bathroom and turned on the faucet; she broke the mirror, and threw the
pieces everywhere.

When all of this was done she began to scream. She screamed so loud that the room echoed with her yells. She only stopped when she heard pounding footsteps. Grabbing a broken table leg, she positioned herself beside the door. When it flung open she swung it hard, like a baseball bat at the head that appeared.




McGee was in Abby's lab, trying to track down where Gibbs' text message had come from, when suddenly the phone began to ring. Flustered and not sure whether or not to answer it, he did, on the very last ring.

"Gibbs," he said, before quickly amending, " 's phone,"

"McGee!" Abby's voice squealed on the other end of the line.

"Abby?" he asked surprised, to say the least, "Where…How did…What's going on?"

"I don't have much time," Abby told him, "I've been taken away by Jonathon Wesley; I'm at some used to be boarding school. He wants revenge on Gibbs, wants him to think I'm-" her voice cut off for a moment before he heard her gasp and the line went dead.

"Abby!" he yelled into the phone, but it was too late. She was gone, but not before he had gotten a lock on the cell phone's signal. Absentmindedly putting the phone down, he pulled out his own and called Gibbs. The phone rung once in his ear, and once on the table, before he realized his mistake.

"Damn," he muttered, hanging up and calling DiNozzo. In every second they wasted, Abby could be killed.

"Put Gibbs on," he practically yelled when Tony answered.

"Nice talking to you to," replied Tony sarcastically.

"Dammit Tony, put him on!" McGee actually yelled this time.

"Okay, okay," said Tony, "Sheesh!" There was a moment of static, before he came on.

"What McGee," Gibbs asked impatiently.

"Boss, it's Abby, she called from a boarding school, she needs help, he caught her calling, he wants revenge," McGee said in one breathe.

"Slow down," Gibbs told him, "I'm on my way."




"Explain what happened," McGee was told by Gibbs, minutes later. He had been on his way to Abby's when McGee had called, and done a dangerous U-turn to get back.

"Okay. I was tracing your text message, when your phone rang, so I answered it," he didn't look Gibbs in the eyes at that point, knowing full well that if he had answered Gibbs' phone any other time he would have gotten a head slap at the very least.

"It was Abby," he continued, "She said she was taken by Jonathon Wesley, and they were at a boarding school," Gibbs threw him a questioning look.

"I know," answered McGee, "It didn't make sense until I finished tracing the call. Then she said that he was out for revenge, that he wanted you to think-, and she stopped there. The last thing I heard was her gasp, and the line went dead.

"You said you traced the call," prompted Gibbs, trying not to dwell on Abby's fate.

"It was made from somewhere in the Mountains, near Charleston NC. I did a quick search and there's an old boarding school in the middle of the area. Cliff's Academy, it was shut down a few years ago and the campus was bought by Wesley. We have to go there. He's got Abby, he could kill her!" He nearly screamed the last part at Gibbs.

"We will," stated Gibbs, looking the agent in the eyes, trying to convey the understanding that he felt. After all, Abby was like his own daughter, he wasn't about to let her go, not now, not ever.




"…wants him to think I'm-" Abby froze mid-sentence as she felt the barrel of a gun press against the back of her head.

"Don't say another word," a voice whispered in her ear, "I will shoot you if I have to. Turn around slowly and drop the phone."

She did so, and came face to face with Wesley. She dropped the phone, hearing it clatter to the ground. She saw the anger, the fury, in Wesley's hard brown eyes.

"I'm disappointed in you, Abby," he told her, "I was hoping you would behave, but after what you did to my guard, back there…"

He sighed, "We'll have to do this the hard way then."

He grabbed her roughly by the arm, and dragged her back down the hallway, back to the hospital like section of the building. They arrived back at the room that she recognized as her original cell. The only difference was the hard wooden chair and roll of silver duct tape sitting in the center of the tiny room.

"You're not gonna," she began, but he slapped her hard across the face with the barrel of the gun.

"Sit," he ordered, waving the gun threateningly at her. She did so, trying to think fast.

"Silver isn't really my colo-" she started to say.

"Shut up," he told her simply, hitting her across the face again. A bruise began to rise over her right cheek. First he bound her hands together with duct tape, using only one of his hands so as to keep the gun pointed at her. Next he did her legs together at the ankle. Lastly he stuck a short piece of the silver tape over her mouth. Fear shone in her bright blue eyes as he turned and left the room, taking what little light had managed to seep in through the open door, with him. There was a scraping sound as something large was pushed in front of the door. She was left alone, in the dark, to cry.