- Text Size +
Chapter 2

"I can't believe it! Why does this stuff always happen to Tony?! He's such a sweet guy! And it's not like he goes out there looking for trouble!" Abby ranted furiously.

"Yes. Imagine how complicated our lives would be if he did go out looking for trouble. We'd never work any actual cases! We'd spend our lives trying to find him!" Ziva smirked and Abby had to laugh slightly at that. "Abby. He'll be fine. If only to torment us with more obscure movie references and correct my English incessantly."

"Yeah… but I still worry about him. He seriously has a hospital file longer than Al Capone!" Abby squeezed Bert, who let out a loud fart. Both women smiled slightly.

After minute Ziva broke the silence "Come on, Abby. We need to process all this evidence. The faster we do, the sooner we catch this bastard." Ziva stood up and grabbed a pair of gloves.

"Yeah… I almost feel sorry for this guy." Abby put down Bert, who let out another fart.

"What? Why?" Ziva asked, confused and slightly annoyed. How could anyone, especially Abby, feel sorry for the man that had put her partner in a coma?

"Can you imagine what Gibbs'll do to the guy when he catches him?" Abby smirked.

"The old Gibbs, yes. He'd make the guy die a slow and painful death. The new Gibbs… doesn't seem to give a damn anymore," Ziva said quietly.

Abby looked down. It was true. Since he had come back Gibbs had been more distant with all of them, especially Tony. She knew that Gibbs treating McGee like his golden boy was getting to Tony. But she hoped that this might make Gibbs snap out of his Corona induced haze. But if Gibbs didn't kill the guy-or at the very least cause him a great deal of pain and suffering- she sure as hell would. Well, that is, if Ziva didn't beat her to it.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Gibbs was still sitting next to the bed, staring at Tony as though willing him to wake up when Ducky entered the hospital room.

"Oh dear Anthony what have you gotten yourself into this time?" Ducky muttered to himself. Gibbs didn't look up as he moved over to stand beside him. "What happened?"

"Someone snuck up on him, hit him and took Franks." Or Franks attacked Tony and went vigilante. Gibbs thought bitterly.

"Mm…" Ducky answered absently, moving to the foot of the bed and picking up Tony's chart.

"I have no idea what any of that means." Gibbs gestured to the file in Ducky's hands, looking up from Tony for the first time.

"He lost some blood and definitely has a concussion, but there shouldn't be any lasting damage, assuming he wakes up." Ducky summarized succinctly. "Although he was hit rather hard he should have woken up by now."

"Yeah, well, when was the last time DiNozzo actually did what he was supposed to do?" A small smile played on Gibbs lips.

"Yes, well, this actually reminds me of another case. The man showed absolutely no signs of any brain damage, but he remained in a coma for quite some time. In fact-"

"Look, Ducky. I just… Can you maybe tell me about this another time? Please." Gibbs sounded tired, defeated.

"Ah, but Jethro, you don't need me to tell you about it at all. I'm referring to your recent coma. Perhaps young Anthony is more like you than you care to admit." Ducky turned and exited the room, leaving Gibbs alone with his thoughts.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter End Notes:
Thanky you so very much for all your reviews!!!

Big thanks to my lovely beta VP! All remaining mistakes are mine!