- Text Size +
Chapter 3

How the hell was Ducky managing to connect his coma to Tony's current condition? He had been in an explosion, had other injuries. But he knew that wasn't what Ducky had been referring to. He hadn't wanted to wake up because of Shannon and Kelly. What reason would Tony have to not want to come back? But he thought he knew the answer to that question, too. Gibbs had quit, just up and left without any warning and had handed Tony his gun and badge and his only words were, "You'll do." And then he just showed up, again with no warning and just dumped all his stuff on his old desk.

Jenny had hinted at the fact that he should, at least, acknowledge Tony had done a good job of leading the team. But he'd just ignored her. Damn, he hated it when she was right.

"Ah, hell… Tony, I… I'm sorry. I screwed up." Gibbs said quietly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Outside the hospital room Ducky smiled slightly. Now all Gibbs has to do was say it when Tony was conscious. They were both so pig headed and neither one of their strengths was actually talking things out. Just ask any of Gibbs ex-wives. They both seemed to prefer the 'grunt and move on' method, which didn't always work.
It was no wonder McGee always went to Abby to talk. He was surrounded by Tony, Ziva and Gibbs. They weren't exactly the most open people on the face of the planet.

As he walked out of the hospital into the bright sunlight he silently pondered if there was any hope for McGee.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter End Notes:
Okay, really short chapter, and I'm sorry, but that's just the way the glass shatters. I really needed to put this scene in here but I just really couldn't put it anywhere else...) I hope you enjoy it, short though it may be!

Thanks again to Vanishingp2000 for her wonderful betaing!