- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Okay, after that... annoyingly short chapter, I have a chapter with actual substance! YAY! The next chapter is, like, twice as long so, yeah...

Still own nothing...

Thanks again to Vanishingp2000 for betaing this for me!
Chapter 4

~3 Days Later~

Gibbs was, once again, sitting next to Tony's still unconscious form, hoping that the young man would wake up soon and reflecting on the events of the past few days.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They had just received Intel on the location of Arkady Kobach. That led them to an apartment across town. McGee went through the phone records and discovered that several calls had been placed to a cheap hotel room.
The team had entered the hotel room to discover it deserted except for a few empty Coronas and an empty pack of cigarettes. Mike's brand. It looked like Mike had been the one that had attacked Tony.

Gibbs was going to kill him.

He made his way down to the Hotel Bar and found Mike standing there, holding a gun on Kobach. As Gibbs watched Mike shot him and then turned to Gibbs.

"They never would have made anything stick." Franks said matter-of-factly. He paused. "DiNozzo okay?"

Gibbs was across the room almost immediately. He grabbed the front of Mike's shirt and shoved him up against the wall "Tony is in a coma because of you, you bastard!" Gibbs yelled, eyes glinting with cold fury.

At that moment McGee walked in "Boss, I-" He froze at the sight of a furious Gibbs holding Franks up against the wall, not to mention the dead Russian in the middle of the floor.

Gibbs released the front of his shirt and turned him roughly around and pulling out his cuffs. "Mike Franks, you're under arrest for the assault and attempted murder of a Federal Officer. You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law-"

"Hey, I just wanted to knock him out! I wasn't trying to kill him!" Franks objected angrily.

Gibbs acted as though he couldn't hear him, despite the fact that under the surface he was boiling. He led Franks out of the building and shoved him hard into the side of the car as he opened the door. He made sure to smack his head on the roof as he shoved him unceremoniously into the car and slammed the door in his face.

He'd told Ziva and McGee to take him back and let him sit in interrogation-in the handcuffs- until he got back to conduct the interrogation. He'd waited until DC Metro arrived at the scene, he'd given his statement and then he'd driven to the hospital.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Gibbs sighed and shifted in his seat. The doctors had informed him that the longer Tony was in the coma the less likely he was to come out of it. The thought of never hearing Tony's voice again had hit Gibbs hard. He hadn't realized how much he depended on Tony to diffuse him, keep him from going crazy or killing someone. Gibbs silently cursed again. He didn't think he could live with himself if Tony didn't wake up, to look at the shell of his Senior Field Agent forever. To think that Tony thought that Gibbs hated him.

Gibbs fell into a restless sleep, his guilt still swirling around his mind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~