- Text Size +
Chapter 7

"Ready to go DiNozzo?"

"Yes!" Tony practically yelled, jumping up from the bed.

Gibbs rolled his eyes at Tony's obvious excitement; he hated hospitals as much as Gibbs did.

"C'mon, DiNozzo. Let's go." Gibbs smirked as Tony practically skipped out of the hospital room. They had managed to avoid Gibbs having to wheel Tony out due to a combination of Tony charming the hell out of most of the nurses and Gibbs scaring the hell out of the rest of them.

They got into Gibbs car and Tony quickly grabbed the holy shit handle as Gibbs peeled out of the parking lot the moment Tony had gotten his door closed. He expertly buckled his seat belt one handed as Gibbs made one of his turns that defied the laws of physics.

"Jesus, Gibbs, are you trying to give another concussion!" Tony cried as his head narrowly missed smashing into the window. Tony's mouth dropped open as Gibbs actually slowed down to within 10 miles of the speed limit. "Um…. Thanks…."

Gibbs smiled slightly.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gibbs stopped the car and Tony looked around in confusion "Um, boss? This is your house."

"Yep." Gibbs stated simply as he got out of the car. Tony followed him, still looking confused.

"But, why…?"

"DiNozzo, you still have a world class concussion, you are not going back to your apartment. I've seen that place." Gibbs said, exasperated.

"Hey! What's wrong with my apartment!" Tony asked indignantly.

"We'll start with the lack of decent food and work our way up." Gibbs rolled his eyes as Tony opened his mouth "And don't even think about saying that you'll order in." Tony closed his mouth again. Gibbs smirked.

"Abby brought over some of your stuff. I have no idea how she got into your apartment, but I kinda figured I didn't want to know." Gibbs jerked his head at a duffel bag that was sitting by the door. "Take the spare bedroom." Gibbs wandered into the kitchen to make coffee while Tony went upstairs to change out of the scrubs they had given him at the hospital.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

15 minutes later Tony wandered downstairs and was greeted by the smell of coffee. God, he needed coffee. But he didn't need it bad enough to drink that…toxic sludge that Gibbs referred to as coffee.
"Here." Gibbs said, tossing Tony a thermos "Abby also brought this over for you… there's a note on the side."

Tony read Abby's note -which was written in here usual blood red ink- and laughed.

Tony-
Figured you'd be needing coffee and
I didn't want you to go into another
coma because you tried to drink
Gibbs' special blend.
-Abby


He opened the thermos and inhaled deeply. He made a mental note to buy Abby a dozen black roses as soon as possible.

"I can't believe she actually suggested that my coffee would put you in a coma." Gibbs said in a mock affronted voice. Tony smirked.

"Well, Gibbs, your coffee is a little… strong." Yeah, and that's putting it nicely.

Gibbs rolled his eyes as Tony took a long drink from the thermos and sighed contentedly. "Here. Eat." He said as he put two plates of Lasagna down on the table.

"Oh, I love you boss!" Hey, he couldn't help it; he was Italian, after all.

"No, you love Ziva." Gibbs corrected as he sat down. "She's the one who made it."

"Yes!" Tony quickly picked up his fork and took a huge bite.

Gibbs shook his head slightly and also took a bite. Once had had swallowed he looked up. "I think I love Ziva, too."

"Yup. She makes the best lasagna ever!" Tony said between mouthfuls.

They finished eating in silence and by the time they were done there wasn't much of the lasagna left, despite the fact that Ziva had made a ton. After they were done Tony followed Gibbs down to the basement and watched him working on the boat. It actually looked like a boat now.

Gibbs pulled down the bottle of bourbon from behind the paint stripper (where, in Tony's opinion, was exactly where it belonged) and poured some into to two mugs, handing one to Tony. Tony looked down at it and then up at Gibbs, a small smile playing on his lips.

"What, no Corona?"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter End Notes:
Well, we have reached the end of the proverbial road. I hope you all have enjoyed it!

But before we begin, lets all take a moment to be thankful that Gibbs shaved off that damn Mustache!

Big thanks to Vanishingp2000 for her wondeful betaing! Any remaining mistakes are mine!