- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Tony finally gets out of the hospital
"What?" Tony said as he saw Gibbs roll his eyes after having taken a look at him.
"You weren't joking when you said you'd be ready"
"And you didn't tell me to wait any longer"
"Yeah, but that didn't mean I'd expect you to wait for me in front of the damn hospital, DiNozzo!"

Tony laughed.
"Guess I needed fresh air again"
"I won't ask you if you're ready then"
"Would be a waste of time" Tony chuckled as he put his bag in the trunk of Gibbs' car.

During the ride to NCIS office, Gibbs had turned the radio on – for once - but it was only for Tony. He still didn't know what the young agent could like about Nickelback anyway.
Suddenly he noticed that Tony was singing along with the song. He could barely hear him because Tony managed to sing so low that the music was almost covering his voice.

Gibbs slowly reached for the volume button and turned it down while looking curiously at Tony, only to make sure he didn't notice what his boss was doing. The younger agent kept on singing softly while looking outside the window.

"Show me what it's like
To be the last one standing
And teach me wrong from right
And I'll show you what I can be
"

Gibbs smiled. He'd never heard Tony singing, and he could honestly say that he was positively surprised.
"Say it for me
Say it to me
And I'll leave this life behind me
Say if it's worth…
" Tony stopped singing as he realized Gibbs was listening to him, a smile playing on his lips.

"Are you making fun of me?" he said, smiling too.
"Nah, just admiring your skills"
"If I knew you were listening you wouldn't have heard my skills"
"Well I'm lucky then"

Both men chuckled. The rest of the ride was silent, except for the radio. Gibbs wasn't sure, but he thought he'd heard Tony's voice sing, but he didn't try to hear him again.

"You really think I have skills?" Tony asked as they got out of the car.
Gibbs looked at him strangely for a minute, before both of them burst into laughter.


NCISNCISNCISNCISNCISNCISNCISNCISNCISNCIS


"Tony, you're back!" Abby yelled as she ran towards Tony, throwing her arms around his neck.
"Welcome back, Anthony" Ducky said, smiling.
"Yeah, what he said" Ziva teased.
"Good to see you back" McGee said soberly.

"Is one of you gonna let him breathe?" Gibbs asked, amused.
"No" all four of them replied together.
Tony didn't say anything. He just hugged Abby back and smiled.

"Hey Duck, where's the autopsy gremlin?" he finally asked, as Abby released him.
"He's home with the flu" Ducky shrugged "The kid's too fragile"
"Unlike Thick-Head here" Abby said nodding in Tony's direction.
"Thick-Head? Is that my new nickname?" Tony chuckled.

"Well it suits you well" Ziva said teasingly.
"Yeah, it's appropriate" McGee added.
"Well, if you ever call me like that, I'll never stop calling you Probie, McGee" Tony said.
"Actually I got used to that"
"What about McGeek?"
"I can live with it"
"And Timmy?"
"I won't call you Thick-Head"
"Good"

They spent the morning chatting, joking, laughing… But Tony was still a little weak from his wound, and Ducky saw him wince a couple of times as he shifted his position in his chair. He started to show some signs of fatigue.
"Maybe it's time for you to go home and get some rest" the M.E. said as he saw Tony yawn for the fifth time.
"Guess you're right" Tony replied.

"Wow, you ain't even arguing?" Ziva said, surprised by Tony's reaction.
"Can you believe it?" Tony smiled as he got up.
"Hey, do you mind if I come with you?" Abby asked.
"Not at all" Tony said as he put his DVD out of his desk drawer "And we still have a movie to watch"

Gibbs watched as they went to the elevator.
"He'll be fine, Jethro" Ducky told Gibbs.
"Of course he'll be" Gibbs said, smiling to his old friend.


NCISNCISNCISNCISNCISNCISNCISNCISNCISNCIS


"You are so not driving with that" Abby said Tony, pointing his plastered hand.
"Why not?"
"Don't even try to argue with me!" she warned as she extended her hand "Give me your keys"
"What if I don't?" Tony teased.
"You'll have to go back in the hospital and explain them how said keys managed to end up down your throat"

Tony chuckled as he gave his goth friend his keys.
"That's better" Abby smiled, satisfied.
They both got into the car. Taking a CD out of her purse and putting it in the CD player was the first thing Abby did after she's turned the engine on.

"What is it?" Tony asked.
"Surprise"
"It's my car, I have the right to pick the music"
"Wrong. It's the driver's prerogative"

Tony smiled as he tried to guess what Abby had chosen. And when the music started, he couldn't help but laugh.
Abby chuckled herself as Amy Lee started singing the same song she was singing in her lab on Tony's birthday.

I'll believe
All your lies
Just pretend you love me
Make believe
Close your eyes
I'll be anything for you
Chapter End Notes:
So, this is the end. I hope you loved my fic, and I wish you all a happy new year!