- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
The man calls again, but this time Gibbs is ready for him.
Tony was fed up. It felt like he'd been in that room for days. His arm hurt like hell and he was starting to get hungry. He remembered Gibbs' words: We're gonna get you out of there, don't worry.
He couldn't help it, he started to chuckle. ‘You got in trouble again, DiNozzo. You can be proud of yourself'
He thought about his co-workers, working hard to find him. ‘Watch your six Probie, if you screw up now, Gibbs is gonna kill you'

He smiled as he thought of the moment where Abby gave him his DVD. ‘Here I thought I was gonna go home and watch it after work. I wish'
He remembered the first time he saw The skeleton key. He went to cinema with Abby and they both loved it. Afterwards they went to Abby's place and talked about it for hours.

"I loved the flashback of the party when Papa Justify and his wife where doing some hoodoo stuff"
"And when the old guy tries to escape on the roof"
"And when she sees Mama Cecile's shadow in a mirror"
"And when she's having a shower"


Abby had given him a puzzled look and he'd chuckled
"Just wanted to see if you were paying attention"
She'd hit him on his arm and laughed when he fake a sob while rubbing his arm

"Smart ass!" she teased
"That's would be me" he replied laughing.
"Even if that was a joke, I bet you loved that scene"
"You know it"


Tony sighed. He checked his watch, glad he was right-handed and had his watch on his left wrist. It was five p.m. ‘I've been in here for three hours' He thought. He yawned, stood up and started wandering around the room in an attempt to stretch his legs. Then he heard a noise in the door lock and stopped. He watched as a man he'd never seen before put a bottle of water and an old apple on the ground.

"For you" the man said simply
Tony just looked at him without saying a word. The man met his gaze and smiled.
"I guess ‘thank you' would do"
When Tony still didn't say anything, the man lost his temper. He came to the young man and slapped him hard across the face with the back of his hand.
"Your friend hits harder" Tony said casually.

The man gave him a dirty look and left. Tony sat back on the ground, rubbing his cheek. "But that still hurts" he mumbled.

NCISNCISNCISNCISNCISNCISNCISNCISNCISNCIS

"McGee, you got something?" Gibbs asked storming in the bullpen.
"Uh, Abby tried to trace the email but…" McGee started.
"But what?"
"The man that sent it is really good. He made it untraceable"
Gibbs silently cursed. "Then you'll have to be better than him"
"Y-yeah Boss"

"Anything?" Gibbs asked Ziva as she got out of the elevator.
"I asked the security guys, but they didn't see anything. We really need to find more competent people"
Gibbs sighed. It had been four hours since he'd talked to his senior field agent. He had no idea if Tony was still alive, but he didn't think he was dead either. ‘I'd know it if he was dead' he said repeatedly to himself.

He sat at his desk, drinking his eleventh coffee for the day. He just stared at his cell and nearly had a heart attack when it rang. He gestured McGee to trace the call and flipped it open without checking the caller's ID: he already knew who it was.
"What?"
"You need to be nicer to me agent Gibbs, or your boy will suffer again"
"What proves me he's still alive?"
"You wanna talk to him again? Shouldn't be a problem for me but you don't want him to pay for your call, do you?"

Gibbs' fist was so tight that his knuckles started to turn red and his nails were digging in his palm.
"No" he said through gritted teeth.
"I thought so" the man said chuckling

After a very short silence, Gibbs heard something crash in the background and Tony's far voice said "Sorry, didn't mean to"
He couldn't hold back a slight laughter. Tony had guessed what Gibbs wanted and made him hear his presence.

He stopped laughing when he heard the man slap Tony across the face.
"You'd better be more careful, kid! I can still kill ya!"
"Said I was sorry, didn't I?"

"What do you want from me? Who are you?" Gibbs asked, trying to get his attention.
"That's what you've gotta find out, Gibbs"
"I have no trail, no evidence, no print, no nothing. How am I supposed to find you?!"
"You're the super agent. It's your job" with that, the man hung up.

"McGee?" Gibbs asked urgently.
"I got him Boss!"
Chapter End Notes:
Well, what's left to say? Just enjoy!