- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
The man that took Tony comes to visit him and we finally know why he did this.
Tony looked up when he heard the door of his cell open. ‘Damn, how long did I sleep?' he thought.
He tried to stand up, but his good wrist was cuffed to a pipe. ‘It's déjà vu'.
Then he saw the man that'd broken his wrist enter.

"Your friends are coming for you" the man said, smirking sadistically "But I seriously doubt they'll live long enough to find you"
Tony gave him a dirty look. This man disgusted him.
"I get it. You're the kind of cowards that send their little friends to do the dirty job, didn't you?"

The man chuckled then punched him in the face, causing him to fall to the ground. He tried to stand up, his head spinning.
"Don't even think of speaking to me like that again" the man told him, kicking his torso before Tony could get on his feet. He kicked him several time, as if he wanted to make sure Tony got the message.
Tony's back had hit the wall, so all he can do was gritting his teeth and endure the kicks. Blood began to pour out of his mouth.

He was about to pass out when the man suddenly stopped, apparently satisfied. Tony managed to stay conscious by concentrating on the pain coming from his chest. ‘Probably a few broken ribs' he thought. The man grabbed him by his hair, forcing the young agent to look at him.

"You know, there's nothing personal in that. All I want is your Boss to suffer. And guess what? You're the one I wanted to use" he chuckled. Tony felt anger growing up in him, but he was too weak and too tired to even think of defying him again.
"Why?" he asked weakly "Why… why do you… want him to… suffer?"

The man just looked him in the eyes for a short while, and Tony started to think he was going to hit him again. Instead, he stood up and started pacing in small room.

"I used to be a marine. One day a man killed my wife and threatened to do the same to my daughter. All we had was that note saying he was gonna kill her. Gibbs was in charge of that case. That's what they called it.

They were working on it, protecting me and Layla, assuring we'd be safe. After two weeks they arrested a man. They were sure he was my wife's murderer. They said we didn't need protection anymore."

The man lowered his head, and Tony could see a tear running down his cheek. He swallowed hard, wiped the tear and turned back to the agent, who was listening to him carefully.

"On a Wednesday afternoon, Layla wanted to go for a walk in the park. We spent hours playing and running around. The sun started to go down and we started to go home. And then… a gunshot. The next thing I know, my little girl was lying still, with her blood pouring on the ground. A bullet had gone right through her brain."
The man turned his back to Tony, unable to hold back his tears any longer.

"I never knew who it was, or what he wanted. I never knew why he got after my family. And I don't even care. I've got no family left, that's all that matters"

Tony looked down, stunned. He'd never suspected something like that.
Then the memory of Kate lying on the ground with her eyes still open flashed before his eyes. He remembered what he felt when she hit the ground, when his face was splattered with her blood. He remembered what he felt like when he realized he'd lost her.

"I'm sorry for your loss" he started.
"Yeah, the hell you are!" the man shouted, anger and sadness in his eyes. "And what are you gonna do now? Tell me that you understand? That it's a real shame but life must go on?! Well that's bullshit!"
Tony looked at him sadly. He really felt bad for this guy. The room was silent for a little while. Then Tony tried to talk to the man again.

"I wasn't gonna say that. I was gonna tell you that… I had a team-mate. A friend. She died the same way your daughter did. I… I think she was more than a friend. I loved her and I never told her. Even now, I can't believe she's gone."
The man sat down before him. He saw Tony's wet eyes and took a step closer. He was listening to him, his gaze encouraging him to carry on.

"I don't know what you're going through, ‘cause I never had a daughter. But I know it's hard to lose someone you love. But what I don't understand…" he looked up and the man frowned. "…it's the way you're acting now. I know it's hard to hear, but going after my boss won't bring her back".

Tony's last words seemed to set him on fire. He stood up, his hands clenched in tight fists.
"You think I don't know that? You think I didn't understand that I won't see my baby girl again? Well you're damn wrong! If I'm doing this, it's to have my revenge on your boss. And guess what?" he asked, grabbing Tony's neck "You're gonna die here, and all your boss will be able to do is watch. And then, I'll kill him. Slowly and painfully" he added, using the same words he'd used in his e-mail to Gibbs.

Tony tried to free himself, but the man tightened his grip. His head was spinning and he was running out of breath. Just when his world began to turn black, he felt himself hit the ground and he coughed and gasped for breath.

"Enjoy your time here while you still can" the man said, leaving the room.
Tony watched him as he closed the door, still trying to catch his breath.
"Well" he whispered "I just hope Gibbs won't find me then"
Chapter End Notes:
I know, it took me a long time, but it was only to make it good!