- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Gibbs finally found Tony. But will he be able to save him before the man hurt him?
The ride to the address McGee had found happened to be pretty dangerous. Even Ziva complained about the way Gibbs drove but he didn't care. All he wanted was to bring Tony home. And he would do anything for that.

They had hardly pulled over when he jumped out of the car, his gun drawn. He started to run towards the abandoned house with Ziva and McGee behind him.
He got in, scanning the area. The three agents started to search the place.

"Clear!" Ziva and McGee yelled at the same time.
"Nothing here" Gibbs sighed.
"Maybe they're underground" Ziva tried. "Then all we'll have to do is find the stairs"
"You make it sound so easy" Gibbs said coldly.

Once McGee had found the stairs, they started to go down, until they heard a voice yell at them.
"Only Agent Gibbs will come, and he will come unarmed!"
Ziva and McGee looked at Gibbs, confused.
"It was too easy" McGee said sadly.
"What do we do now?" Ziva asked.

‘I wish I knew' Gibbs thought. He looked down the stairs and then to his agents.
"You heard the man" he said, handing his gun to McGee "You two go back in the car and you wait for us"
McGee looked at the gun Gibbs had just pressed in his hands, shocked.

"Boss, are you sure…?"
"Yes McGee, I'm sure"
"No Gibbs, there's no way we're letting you go there alone!" Ziva said, frustrated.
"We have no other choice" Gibbs said firmly "It's an order, Officer David"
The two agents looked at each other, and then they left reluctantly.
Gibbs watched as they left. Then he took a deep breath and started to go down the stairs.

He saw that someone was there waiting for him, standing before an open door. As he kept going, Gibbs could see him more precisely, and it took a great effort not to run to him.
"Tony!" he called, walking a bit faster "DiNozzo, you alright?"

Tony looked sadly at him and Gibbs noticed that it was hard for him to breathe.
"You shouldn't have come" the younger agent said, causing his boss' heart to sink.
"What are you talking about?" Gibbs asked, nearly shouting "If you think I would've let you here…"
"It wasn't about me" Tony interrupted him.
"I know"

Tony was stunned. He knew? He knew what the man wanted but he came? ‘Maybe he does like me' he thought, a small smile playing on his lips.
Gibbs smiled back and took a good look at his senior field agent. He was obviously in pain and could barely stand on his feet. There was dry blood on his lip and chin, and he looked tired and weak.

"Come on, I'll get you out of here" Gibbs told him, gently grabbing his arm.
"I can't" Tony replied, taking a small step back.
Gibbs looked at him, puzzled.
"Why not?"
"Because I'll shoot him if he tries to get away" a hard voice coming from behind Tony answered. "Now Agent Gibbs, if you want your boy to be alright, you might wanna step back"

Gibbs looked at the man and seemed confused. He slowly let go of Tony and took a few steps back. The man walked to Tony, caressing his neck with a gun.
"You know, I started to appreciate you" he whispered in Tony's ear, sending shivers down the agent's spine. He then turned to Gibbs "D'you remember me, Gibbs?"

Gibbs looked down for a second and sighed. Of course, he did. He couldn't forget this beautiful little girl's body on the ground, while her father was crying, holding her hand in his. He was never able to forget what he'd felt when that same man had come to him, yelling and crying.

"Where were you? Where were you?! It was your jobs to protect us, to protect her! All you were able to do is arrest someone that never did something to hurt us! He didn't even know who the hell we were!" he'd yelled in Gibbs' face.
"I'm sorry" Was all Gibbs had been able to say. He'd felt guilty for this little girl's death.
"I don't care about your pity! I lost my wife, and now I lost my baby girl! I've got nothing left thanks to you!"

The words were running through Gibbs' head. He finally looked up at the man with wet eyes.
"I do. I remember you" he whispered "Janssens"
Chapter End Notes:
Thanks again for your mails, I'm so glad you like my fic!