- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Janssens had just hurt Tony. What will Gibbs do about it?
Gibbs watched as his agent cried out in pain, resting a hand on his bleeding shoulder. He then stared at Janssens, looking shocked.
"You promised…" he started.
"I lied"

Gibbs tried to run to Tony, but Janssens pointed his gun at him
"If you do that, I'll shoot again. In the head this time"
Gibbs froze. He felt helpless as he looked at Tony again, feeling guilty for what had just happened.

Tony was fighting against the darkness that was calling him. ‘Must stay conscious. Must stay alive. Gibbs didn't come here to find a dead guy. Must stay conscious' he thought, concentrating on the pain in his shoulder in an attempt to stay awake.
He sat up slowly and carefully, keeping a pressure on his wound.

"As I told you" Janssens told Gibbs, pointing his gun at Tony's head "A promise is a promise. And I promised you will watch him die"
"You also promised he'd be okay"
Janssens chuckled.
"Yeah well, what can I say? It cancelled the first one so I had to pick one of them"

Gibbs' fist started shaking as anger grew up in him. He watched as Janssens laughed sadistically and he knew he couldn't hold his feeling back anymore. He took a step back, before throwing himself at Janssens and knocking him to the ground.

Taken aback, Janssens fell to the ground and dropped the gun. A fist connected brutally with his temple and another hit his jaw. Gibbs was about to hit a fourth time when he grabbed him by his wrist and twisted it.

Gibbs' wrist wasn't broken, but the pain distracted him for a short while. But it was enough for his adversary to punch him in the face. The ex-marine fell on his back and Janssens' hands grabbed his neck and started to strangle him.

"You never should've done that, Gibbs! You had a chance to get away! But now it's too late. You're gonna pay for what you did!" Janssens yelled, tightening his grip.
Gibbs' head started spinning as he gasped for air. He was about to lose consciousness when a loud gunshot resounded. Janssens' hands went instantly limp and he fell on his side, dead.

Couching and gasping, Gibbs sat up slowly and a mix of surprise and pride took him as he saw what had happened.
Tony sat there, breathing heavily. He had Janssens' gun in his hands and he kept on pointing it to its owner, as if he wanted to make sure he was dead.

Gibbs stood up and ran to him as Tony's hands let go of the gun, apparently unable to hold it any longer.
"Tony, you ok?" Gibbs asked his agent as he put a hand on his shoulder ‘Of course he's not, idiot! He's just been shot!' he thought to himself.

Feeling Gibbs' hand on his painful shoulder, Tony wanted to cry. Not only because it hurt, but mostly because he'd needed a reassuring touch since he'd first got there.
"Will be…boss" he smiled.

"Damn it DiNozzo, I came here to rescue you, and you save my life! What kind of twisted crap is that?" Gibbs joked, trying to lighten the mood.
"Life" Tony chuckled. But he soon regretted it, because that last move brought an amount of blood in his throat and mouth.
Gibbs winced and slightly tilted Tony's head to the side so he wouldn't choke on his own blood. When the young man stopped coughing, Gibbs grabbed his cell and called McGee.

"Yes Boss?"
"McGee, send Ziva down here with the first aid kit, and call the paramedics!"
"The… the first aid kit, Boss?"
"Yeah, McGee, you know that white case in the trunk?!"
"I know, I just mean… are you wounded?"
"No, but DiNozzo is!" with that, Gibbs hung up and turned to Tony, who was now lying on his side, with his eyes closed.

"Hey! Tony, you with me?" he called, as he held Tony's upper body.
"Yeah, yeah…You know…I don't…intend to…die…anytime soon" Tony said softly, a ghost of his so irresistible smile on his lips.
"Damn straight" Gibbs smiled.

They stayed silent for a while. Tony was doing his best to stay awake as Gibbs cradled him like a little boy.
"Thanks" the younger agent whispered, breaking the silence "For… having come to… seek me"
"I'll always come to seek you Tony"
Chapter End Notes:
For the ones who think there might be slash stuff in the end, well they're wrong, it's just friendship, people! ;-)