- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Flirting, no more than usual in Tony's case, follows as they await rescue. But will it ever come?
Chapter 2

They sat in silence for hours. Tony had been trying to figure out who would kidnap him. Unfortunately the list was too long to contemplate. The jokes the Director had made when Abby was being stalked actually had some truth in them. Abby was wondering the same thing. Who? Why? But the real question that was really driving her insane was ‘How?'

Neither of them could remember anything past the party last night. It had been wonderful, with loud music, beer, and lots of people. They had met by chance there, had a few beers, and danced the night away. After that nothing unusual had happened, not that they could remember at least.

The silence was suddenly broken as the door creaked open. A man stepped inside. He was of average height, with shaggy long blonde hair, and hazel eyes. Both Abby and Tony turned to glare at him. He returned their glare with a soft smile and left. When he had gone, Abby let out an audible sigh.

"Was it just me, or did he seem…familiar?" she asked worriedly.

"Yeah," replied Tony, trying vainly to stretch his legs, which were bound together at the ankles, without falling over.

"Jennings," she said suddenly.

"What?" Tony asked giving up trying to stretch.

"Jennings," repeated Abby slowly, "Michael Jennings. We got him last year for murder. Gibbs shot him, and he died. I'll never forget his face. Ducky thought I'd wanna see his tatts, but…that's who he looks like."

"You know, this reminds me of this one movie wh-" Tony began
excitedly, but Abby stopped him.

"Tony, could you focus for just five seconds?" she interrupted.

"Sorry, " he apologized, " I'm just a flirt when in the same room as a pretty girl," he continued to explain grinning.

"Anthony DiNozzo are you flirting with me?" she accused, her voice full of mock outrage. She gave a small smile, knowing that he was attempting to lighten the mood.

"That depends, did it work?" he asked eagerly.

"Maybe," she said, " but only if you get us out of here,"

"Fair enough," he replied.



Gibbs was restless. First he would sit, then stand and pace, before sitting again. After a few minutes of this he grunted to the team.

"McGee, Ziva, go check out their houses. I'm going for coffee," he said gruffly. The remaining members of the team nodded.

"This isn't the first time that Tony's been late," Ziva commented once Gibbs was out of earshot.

"No but it's to much of a coincidence for both him and Abby to go missing," said McGee, grabbing his jacket. Ziva followed suit and together they headed for the elevator.


It took only another hour of waiting in the room for Abby and Tony to realize the severity of their situation. There was a window in the room, through which gusts of cold air burst in, chilling them to the bone. Gone were the jokes, the flirting, and the laughter, only to be replaced by silence and worry.
The door opened again, and the man was back. Tony immediately started asking questions.

"Who are you? Why are we here? What do y-" but the man cut him off.

"Take the girl first," he called to someone outside the door. A second man entered the room and grabbed Abby roughly by the forearm, lifting her into a standing position.

Tony watched in horror as she was dragged way. Neither of them spoke, but Abby's eyes met his own, silently screaming ‘help'. Tony's mouth opened, but nothing came out. He had been trying to speak words of comfort, but all he could do was watch. With a snap the door closed, leaving Tony completely alone.