- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Tony is furious with himslf about not stopping them taking Abby. But who's going to stop them taking him?
Chapter 3

Gibbs was walking into the office with a fresh cup of coffee in his hand, when his cell phone rang. He glanced at the caller id and the name ‘DiNozzo' flashed on the small screen. He nearly choked on his black coffee as he fumbled with the phone.

"DiNozzo, where the heck are you?" You and Abby should have been here two ho-" he began after finally managing to answer.

"I have your agent, " said the voice on the other line, but it wasn't Tony, "and the girl. You will not get them back."

"You will pay for my brother's death," the mysterious voice continued ignoring Gibbs' question. The line suddenly went dead.

"Dammit," Gibbs growled. He stomped into the bullpen and was quickly joined by Ziva, and McGee.

"There was nothing at wither of their houses," McGee reported.

"No sign of a struggle, or even that they've been there since a few days ago," added Ziva.

"They've been taken," Gibbs told them.

"How do you know?" Ziva asked confused and Gibbs explained about the call. When he had finished they all stood in a stunned silence.


Tony hadn't been able to tell how long it had been since Abby had been taken, but it felt like an eternity. He had struggled against the ropes that bound him until his wrists bled. He was furious with himself for not stopping them taking Abby. He swore silently and continued to struggle. He needed out, he had to get Abby. She was like the little sister that he had never had. If anything happened to her, he wouldn't be able to forgive himself.

His furious thoughts were interrupted as the door opened for a third time. He was grabbed roughly and pulled to his feet, just as Abby had been.

"Wher-" he began, but was back handed across the face. He cried out and was struck again. He was then taken to another room. It was cold and basementy with pipes hanging down from the ceiling. He was tied to one of these pipes, so that his hands here over his head, and couldn't fight back. A bruise was blossoming over his face. The man began to speak.

"Your boss killed my brother," he explained, "and now I'll kill you. Slowly." Fear filled Tony's eyes. He was going to die. He wouldn't even get to resist. He was going to die. He would at least go down strong. He stood up straighter and bit his tongue hard to stop himself from crying out as Jennings struck him again. Lights flashed before his eyes. He cursed mentally, wondering if Abby had endured the same torture, or even if she was alive. Jennings then pulled out a baseball bat from the corner and Tony stiffened.

Jennings swung hard. He kept up a vicious barrage of blows, pummeling Tony until he lost consciousness completely. He the stepped back and surveyed his latest victim. He appeared to have at least two broken ribs, and countless bruises over his face, and trunk. Jennings grinned. Revenge was sweet.