- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
They're finally found.
Chapter 6

The first building was completely empty. No Tony, no Abby, no Jennings, just a couple of crack-heads. They practically ran across the street to the next building and began to methodically search it too. Run, look, nod. Run, look, nod. Run, look, nod, again and again, each set bringing forth the possibility of finding Tony, Abby, or Jennings.

Finally something broke the monotony. Run, look, gasp. McGee and Ziva flanked the door, with guns drawn, as Gibbs rushed into the room to kneel beside the fallen figure. It was Tony. Gibbs pressed his fingers against his agents neck. Nothing. He swore and pressed harder, and there it was, a weak pulse.

"McGee call an ambulance and stay here. Ziva with me," he ordered. He walked back out of the room, gun raised and he and Ziva continued their search. Run, look, nod, run, look, nod, rum…Gibbs held up a fist, signaling for Ziva to halt. Together they listened and their hearts sank at what they heard. A crying, pleading voice, a half hearted ‘No!' and a scream.

They ran forward, Gibbs, who was in the lead, nearly crashed through the door ahead of them and froze at what he saw. Abby lying on the floor, a knife halfway into her right shoulder and Jennings, standing over her, slowly pushing the knife further and further into her. Without thinking Gibbs fired two rounds in quick succession into his chest.


Gibbs was in a towering rage. He had yelled, demanded to be let through to see his agents, but to no avail. He was told firmly to sit down and wait, lest he be kicked out. Abby was in surgery for her stab wounds, and Tony was being thoroughly checked out by the doctors. Ducky had been there, but left for coffe and McGee and Ziva had gone back to the office to finish up all of the paperwork. Proving Jennings' guiltiness was easy, seeing as he had copies of the torture on his laptop. As for Jennings, he was in a body bag somewhere. Gibbs' shots had been fatal and no one really cared.

A doctor hadn't come out in a long time, the last was about an hour ago. They had come extremely close to throwing him out after he had started to yell. Luckily Ducky had been there to calm him down. He looked up as he heard soft foot steps coming towards him. Ducky was there, carrying two cups of steaming coffee. He handed one to Gibbs as he sat down.

"Any news yet?" he asked tiredly, watching Gibbs.

"No," came the reply angrily, "and the doctors won't even let me in to see Tony yet."

"Abigail still in surgery I presume," Ducky sighed as Gibbs nodded.

"Well I-" he began, but at the sudden appearance of a young doctor he stopped.

"Special Agent Gibbs?" he asked, sounding confident. Both men stood quickly.

"Yes," Gibbs answered harshly.

‘I'm Doctor Reeter," he introduced himself quickly before continuing, "You can see Mr. DiNozzo now, he's still out of it, and should be for a couple of hours, but he's in a private room," the doctor told them, his confidence faltering under Gibbs' hard gaze.

"And Abby?" he asked worriedly.

"Ms. Sciuto is still in surgery, but she's doing fine. The knife did some damage, but nothing major."

"Thank you," Ducky said to the doctor as Gibbs brushed past him, "How is he doing?" he asked lowering his voice.

"Second door on the right," Dr. Reeter called after Gibbs, before turning back to Ducky, " He has three broken ribs, his nose is broken, and a minor concussion. Other than that he's completely covered in bruises. He's sleeping now, and on pain killers. Shouldn't wake up for a few more hours at least. He should be fine, but he doesn't look good."

They had caught up with Gibbs, who was standing frozen in the doorway of Tony's hospital room.

"What are you doing for him?" Gibbs asked quietly, in a voice of cold fury. The parts of Tony that were not hidden under the sheets shone black and blue. His whole body was covered in bruises, dark purples and greens coated his arms and chest, only for more colors to be hidden by the bandages that held his broken ribs in place.

"Now, Jethro," Ducky began, trying to calm his friend.

"How are you helping him?" demanded Gibbs, now yelling. Dr. Reeter cast a frightened look from Gibbs to Ducky.

"Sit, Jethro," Ducky said forcefully, pushing him into a chair. He gestured for the doctor to leave. He did so, nearly running, glad to get away from Gibbs' wrath.

"It's not as bad as it looks. They're doing everything they can. He's going to pull through, Anthony's a stubborn lad," Ducky said placatingly. Gibbs held his head in his hands.

"It's all my fault, Ducky," he said, the anger leaving his voice, only to be replaced with a bitter tiredness.

"There was nothing you could have done. All you can do is be there for them now, and everything will be fine," Ducky told him.

"Don't worry," Gibbs said gravely, "I'm not going anywhere."
Chapter End Notes:
Sorry! This is just a mistake. I'll fix it soon and put up the real chapter 7 as soon as I write it!