- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Tony an McGee are out one an investigation when McGee is shot. Because of that the NCIS - team almost screws up their friedship. Can they fix everything again or will it be to late?
I don't own these characters, nor am I making any money from them. I merely borrow them from time to time.

I have to admit that I am not a nativ speaker of the english language. Because of that I hope that my mistakes don't bother you that mutch.

I deluded them. All. The whole team, but most of all I deluded myself. And now I couldn't go back anymore therefore it was too late...
"Let's go Tony, it is late."
Like I was in trance I felt Kates hand on my shoulder. How she gently pulled me up from the chair I was sitting on and brought me out of the room. When we stood in the corridor there was an embarrassing silence between us. No one knew what to say. To bolster ourselves up or to not loose the faith. The whole time I blamed myself for letting it happen that he entered the building alone. After all he didn't know how to handle such a situation.
"It is not you're fault. I hope you know that."
"I let him go Kate.", in this moment I answered without using my brain.
"Tony please! McGee is a NCIS-agent too like you, Gibbs or me."
"But at some things he is still a rookie. I should have never let him go in there without cover.", I told her and leand depressed on the wall of the corridor.
Before Kate could answer me the door, which separated the corridor from the other wards, was powerfully pushed open. And how I had to admit I could have done without meeting this person right now. In this moment Kate reacted faster than me.
"Hello Gibbs."
But he ignored her completely and turned towards me.
"What happend?"
At that second I wanted to look away. I wanted to avert my gaze from him. I did't know wheater I could stand this accusatory look he had on his face. A look that saw into my soul and brought up every mistake I made. But it wasn't possible.
"McGee and I were out at the old Anderson house again. We wanted to ask the widow a few more questions. There we saw that the woman was threatened by some guys. Because the reinforcement needed to much time to come we entered the house alone. And then one of the guys shot at Tim and harmed him badly.", after I spoke I finally averted my gaze from Gibbs.
I didn't want him to see my tears. Because I feared that he would be able to reveal my real feelings for Tim then.
"Did you arrest the guys?"
"No.", I shook my head.
Not long after this I heared Gibbd inhaling sharply. "Only to sum it up DiNozzo. You two want to do a simple questioning, then you suppose a danger and enter the house without any further inspection. Are you nuts?"
Almost accusatory I could feel Gibbs look on me. I didn't know what to reply. Because I knew he was right. Right with everything.
"But boss. Don't you think you are a little bit hard against Tony?", Kate asked carefully.
"Hard?", Gibbs screamd. "Hard? One of my agents lies here in hospital and nobody can tell how the future will be. And all of this only because DiNozzo had to prove his ego!"
"That is not true!", I breathed heavily when I stared at Gibbs. "I didn't bring Tim into danger because I wanted to! That is not true!"
"So DiNozzo? When my theory isn't the truth then you can surley tell me which one would be the truth!"
At this time I quickly looked at Kate. In her face I could see how horrified she was. She seemed to be as shooked by Gibbs behavior as I was. That he would reproach me was a clear fact to me, but that he would attack me in this way was inimaginable for me...
"Even if you don't believe me, Tim means something to me! He means very much to me! I would never let it happen that someone would harm him that badly if I was abel to prevent it!"
Perhaps it was coward at this moment but I turned around and left. The fact that Gibbs was screaming after me didn't matter to me in this situation. I knew that there would be trouble afterwards but it wasn't interessting to me anymore.
"DiNozzo! You stay here!"
Even after Gibbs words I didn't turn around. I plainly walked down to the car park in front of the hospital. There I got into my car and simply sat behind the steering wheel for several minutes. The battel against my tears I had lost at this moment. Perhaps Tim would die and it was my fault...