- Text Size +
Story Notes:
This is not a love story. Just a friendship thing at the end. They are just friends in a Father/Daughter kinda relationship. Disclaimer: I don't own these characters. Just like everyone else, I'm borrowing them for a story or two...or three...five...twenty...
Author's Chapter Notes:
A short story, entitled Crud, and very justly named. Abby's having a bad morning.
Crud


"Crud," said Abby, when she woke up and looked at her clock. It's red numbers were blinking 4:42, but judging by the strands of sunlight that had snuck in through her heavy blinds, her power had gone out again last night.

"Crud," she said again as she fumbled for her cell phone and seeing that the time was really 8:30.

"Crud." She had banged her elbow getting out of her coffin.

"Crud." She had burned her toast.

"Crud, crud, crud," she said again, hitting the steering wheel of her car, which wouldn't start.

"Crud," she repeated as she accidentally dropped her badge when flashing it to John, the security officer.

"I'm sorry?" he asked politely.

"You should be," she muttered and sped forward after retrieving her badge.

"Crud." Someone had taken her usual parking space.

"Crud." The machine was out of Caff- Pows.

"Crud." She had left the key to her lab at home.

"Crud." She had tripped over her own combat boots, getting out of the elevator.

"Crud." A man had crashed into her, spilling his coffee down her front. ‘Crud' just about summed it up.

"I need your key to my lab," she said angrily to McGee, finally arriving at the bullpen.

"Where's yours?" he asked curiously.

"Crud, McGee, if I had mine would I be asking for yours?"

"No," he answered after a moment.

"I don't have mine," he said, slightly afraid. Abby was in one of her moods again. He should probably warn DiNozzo.

"Hey Abby," said Tony grinning as he walked in. To late, thought McGee to himself, also smiling.

"Watcha got on your shirt?" Tony asked laughing.

"Coffee," said Abby, fumbling through McGee's desk, looking for his key.

"But you don't drink coffee," Tony said confused.

"No Tony," she answered exasperatedly, "I don't, drink coffee, I just spill it down my shirt." She left, heading for the elevator and ignoring the look exchanged between Tony and McGee.

"Crud," she muttered after crashing into the person about to get off the elevator. She looked up, it was Gibbs.

"Wanna talk about it?" he asked as the elevator doors closed around them.

"No," she said firmly, glowering at the floor.

"Okay," he answered patiently. They stood for a moment in silence, before Abby exploded.

"I overslept, my power went out again, I hit my elbow, burned my toast, my car wouldn't start, I dropped my badge, was harassed by John, someone took my parking spot, the machine was out of Caff-Pows, I left my lab key at home," They stepped out of the elevator.

"I tripped, got coffee spilled on me, McGee doesn't have his key, Tony laughed at me, plus, I crashed into you." Her raving had carried them to her lab, where surprisingly, the lights were on and the door was open. Gibbs considered for a moment.

"You're not late, according to me at least," he told her, "You like your toast black, it matches your outfits, your car never works, John's about to retire, I took your parking spot, and got you a Caff-Pow," he handed it to her, as she stared dumbstruck at him, "You left your key on my desk," he handed that to her too, "Tony laughs at everyone, and if you hadn't crashed into me I wouldn't have been able to tell you that I've got evidence for you."

"Oh, okay," she said grinning and walking into her lab. Gibbs, he sure knew how to make a girl's day, she thought to herself. It's a wonder he's had so many wives...
Chapter End Notes:
This is not a love story. Just a friendship thing at the end. They are just friends in a Father/Daughter kinda relationship.