- Text Size +
Chapter 6

Tony had drifted off to sleep some time ago and Gibbs was currently sitting next to the bed thinking about how close he had come to losing him, yet again. Annoying as Tony could be, he had a certain quality about him that made people like him. Everybody believed that Tony was simple minded, so they trusted him, let their guard down. Seriously, Gibbs had seen Tony get a confession out of a guy by playing a game on his cell phone. Tony had just walked into the interrogation room, sat down, pulled out his phone and started to play, ignoring the suspect completely. After 10 minutes the guy was so obviously unnerved that he gave a full confession in a voice that was borderline hysterical. Watching Tony conduct interrogations was always entertaining.

Just then the door opened and Ziva, McGee and Abby all filed in. Abby took one look at Tony and burst into tears. Gibbs quickly got up and moved across the room to her. "Abbs, he'll be fine. Trust me." Gibbs kissed the top of her head and she sniffed slightly.

"But-"

"Abby, shhh. This is DiNozzo we're talking about," Gibbs said and she laughed slightly.

"Yeah, Abbs, you didn't really think that some moron with a Louisville Slugger would stop me, did ya?" Tony asked from the bed.

Abby squealed loudly, causing the other four to flinch visibly and darted over to the bed and tackled Tony. He winced slightly and she quickly let go. "Sorry."

"Nah, ‘s okay. You should play football. You'd make a great linebacker." Tony smirked and Abby grinned and threw her arms around his neck again, this time more gently.

"So, My Little Hairy Butt, how are you doing?" Ziva asked him, moving to stand next to the bed.

"Never better, Zee-vah." Tony smirked at her.

"Yes, well, that's debatable." she said, looking him up and down.

"So tell me, how many guns did you find when you searched my apartment, Zee-vah?" Tony asked her.

"Eleven. I must say, I'm impressed Tony."

"I'm not," Tony said simply and Ziva looked outraged.

"What? I-why-," she spluttered indignantly.

"Ziva, there were 12 guns in that apartment. Not to mention the three in the car," Gibbs told her matter-of-factly.

"What he said," Tony agreed.

"What? But that means that you have… 17 guns!" McGee looked slightly horrified.

"Yup. Actually, I had 18, but I gave one to Abby." When Gibbs, McGee and Ziva stared at him with abject terror he continued. "I gave it to her after that whole crazy stalker guy thing."

"He even took me to the range and gave me a few lessons!" Abby said excitedly. "Said he didn't want me to blow my foot off or something."

"Abby's got a gun?!" McGee looked truly horrified now.

"Damn straight, Timmy!" Abby said in a ‘mess with me and I will shoot you' voice. Which she could now back up with Tony's back up. She idly considered how hard it would be to say that three times fast and made a mental note to try it later.

Tony, Abby and Ziva all burst out laughing at the expression of sheer terror on McGee's face. Even Gibbs smirked. He didn't think that even he had managed to instill such blind terror in McGee.

Gibbs watched as the rest, (except for McGee, who was still looking frightened), continued to laugh and talk for the next 20 minutes before standing up. "Okay, DiNozzo needs his beauty sleep," he said, ushering them out. Abby quickly gave Tony a kiss on the cheek and whispered something in his ear that made him smirk and roll his eyes.

"Good night, My Little Hairy Butt," Ziva said, smiling at him. Ziva looked at McGee who still looked extremely off balance. "What, rat got your tongue, Tim?"

"Cat." Tony, Abby, Gibbs and McGee corrected.

"Whatever." Ziva rolled her eyes and walked out. McGee waved vaguely at Tony and followed her out. As soon as he was out of the room Abby and Tony promptly burst out laughing.

"Messing with him is fun." Abby said between giggles.

"Always," Tony smirked at her.

"C'mon Abby, Tony needs rest," Gibbs told her.

"You and Ziva can torment McGee all you want. And Abby … did they really not pull any security footage or take my car to NCIS until Gibbs told them to?!" Tony needed confirmation that they had actually been that dumb.

"Oh, yeah. I almost shot them for pure idiocy. How'd you know about that, anyway?" Gibbs questioned, wondering if Tony was developing the omniscient quality that the team seemed to think that he possessed.

"Abby told me," he said simply. Gibbs looked from Tony to Abby, confused.

"When?!"

"Like, 2 minutes ago. That's what I whispered in his ear," Abby explained. She was thoroughly enjoying Gibbs' rare moment of confusion.

"Are you kidding me? They seriously didn't think of that?" Tony asked, looking at Gibbs.

"That's what I said." Gibbs shook his head.

"Well, in that case, Abbs could you tell them that I want their reports on my desk by-" He looked at the clock "2300."

"Pleasure. I'll also let them know that I will be up, in the bullpen at your desk to collect said reports and bring them to you," she grinned evilly.

"Thank you, Abby."

"No problem. Really. I'm actually going to enjoy this. And you said I could harass them as much as I want?"

"McGee you can torment endlessly for all I care. Ziva, I wouldn't suggest annoying, not directly, at least. Now, her computer …" he left his sentence hanging.

"Gotcha!" she said gleefully and bounced out of the room.

Gibbs shook his head. "That was… Inspired." Tony grinned.

"I learned from the best, Boss."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter End Notes:
Last Chapter! Please Review! And thanks to everyone who has reviewed the story! I love to get feedback of any kind!

Thanks to my wonderful beta VanishingP2000! Any remaining issues are mine, cause I kinda made some (okay, several) changes after I sent it to her.

I'm currently working on a sequal for this fic, but I'm no where near done with it and I have no idea when It'll be done, cause I don't post WIPs (doesn't that just drive you crazy when your addicted to a story and then, right as you get to the climax of the story... it just stops. and it's never updated again.) But look for that in the future!!