- Text Size +
Story Notes:
This is my 1st writing, REVIEW please. Tell me where I went wrong, and how do I improve. I'll continue my story as soon as possible. Yes, review please
Author's Chapter Notes:
Kate is transfered to another team by Director Sheppard/KIBBS/EDITED
Chapter 1 Sending KATE to O'Brien

It's been an awful month.
Kate is frustrated with her boss; the fact that last weekend they shared some intimate moments. But suddenly the man went cold and distant to her. Kate is so down, pissed off and lost in her own misery that she doesn't realize that Gibbs was called to the Director's office, Jenny Sheppard (his ex-lover). Its only after Tony deliberately pelted his paperclip to her face, Kate gives Tony a stare and throws her crumpled paper from her bin, right back at him!

"What do you think our boss is doing Kate?" wonders Tony. Kate just ignores him and feels a pang of sadness in her heart…a pinch of jealousy, she sighs…regretting her bad luck, she has no right to be jealous…she is just a one night stand; Damn it, she wants to cry…Kate tries to masks her feeling by pretending to type her overdue report from their previous case that takes a month of a cat and mouse chase; while actually her heart is bleeding from the heartache. She was such a fool, after making loved to her, the bastard dared telling her that it is not going to work between them and he was sorry if he hurt her feeling…fucking bastard.

"Nice..." Tony imagines, "Red hair...hot ass…lucky Gibbs..." Tony chuckles, "Perhaps, the red head Director can improve his ugly mood" He wishes. McGee just nods along…hoping for Tony's wish to come true; It has been a rough week, poor McGee has been suffering from his boss foul mood. Yeah... right..!!!Wishfull thinking. Its about to get worse.

The elevator opened; Gibbs storms out, he strides to his desk and throw his paperwork on his desk…the man is in foul mood. The 3 agents in the bullpen and practically feel the anger and heat emanating from their boss; he said harshly without looking at her "Kate, report to O'Brien office right now".

Kate mouth gapes for few seconds before fear seeps into her. What the hell did she do now??? But as an excellent profiler, looking at her boss body language, she wisely refrains herself from asking question. She quickly stood up, walks to the elevator without looking back at her friends to…O'Brien's bullpen.

NCIS is divided into several teams, if she is not mistaken, there are 8 operational teams. Well, she hardly mingles with them because of her workload and additional day dreaming on her boss. Pathetic... yeah, she admits to herself silently.
Kate quickly goes up to the 5th floor, to report to Bruce O'Brien, an elderly man, rather sweet by nature with kind disposition, the opposite of her current boss. She only knew this from Abby, with her crazy and fun social life. Again, Kate realized, her social life... sucks!!

As she entered O'Brien bullpen, she is greeted by 3 of his young male agents who are rather good looking and modish. This is what Abby would describe as "sexy James Bond-ish". Bruce O'Brien lifts his reading glasses and looks at Special Agent Todd who is standing right in front of his desk, the woman looks lost...O'Brien seems surprise to see her. "Ahh..." he said with a smile in his eyes. "What a pleasant surprise…", " I thought my colleague would never release you from his claws" as he smiles at her and Kate smiles back to the senior agent. "Do you know you are here Special Agent Todd?" "No sir" she is so embarrass that she knows nothing…damn Gibbs! Damn him to hell, she looks like a complete ass.

"Gibbs didn't tell you why???" O'Brien couldn't believe it.
"No sir, he just said to report to you" She swallows her pride, looking down at her feet…she is pathetic…and she hears O'Brien sighs and Kate feels like a ten years old being punished for not doing her homework.

O'Brien knows that Gibbs is a very hard man; a very difficult man to work or live with. Great person! But extremely fierce and set in his own way. He gazes at Special Agent Caitlyn Todd, with some sadness; my... she is very pretty, with a sincerely smile (something that is rare nowadays), soft eyes, small built, he knows from her profile that she is very intelligent, capable profiler and many more, apparently his colleague recruited the woman himself from the Secret Service.

Now he finally comprehends about all the rage with Gibbs, refusing to transfer her to his team as directed by Jenny Sheppard. He has a good feeling about Agent Todd…but it is not going to be easy for her. He feels sorry for her, his gut feeling is telling him that the innocent woman standing in front of him is going to suffer from being pull from different directions. He sincerely hopes she'll survive…Special Agent Gibbs' rage…and more.
-------------------------------------

O'Brien's bullpen

O'Brien knows that his colleague must be fuming with anger…but he got to do it…
"Todd, you are to help us profile our "Rape n Kill cold case", I am hoping that we can wrap up the case within a week or so, we are pretty close" Explains O'Brien to her. "Oh,..." Kate is surprised. This is not that bad, she tells herself; meet and work with different agents, O'Brien seems nice, friendly. He doesn't shout at his agents, and the extra task can actually help her get over the son of a bitch grouchy boss of her. Nice... she smiles at the big man in front of her.
Kate is truly fed up with her situation, she used to be an independent person, being able to focus, and not falling head over heels over some grumpy ass. Suddenly, she is determines to start a new leaf. Adios Gibbs…hello the new Kate, She whispers to herself. It's about time!

"Are you all right with the temporary arrangement Kate?" as O'Brien sees her smiles, lost in her thought; "oh yes sir, it would be my pleasure! And you can call me Kate, please…" Kate beams at him. O'Brien thought she looks happy with the new arrangement…he likes the girl, he is sure that she is competent and he won't be disappointed with her work.
"You are still to report to Gibbs in the morning for attendance, Kate…then you will come up here and work with us, starting from tomorrow" He can not imagine, if she takes her attendance here with him, he does not want to face Gibbs wrath unnecessarily, hell no! O'Brien is still looking at Kate who is nodding excitedly…his agents are gawking at the woman…Gibb's woman…things are going to be interesting around here…
-----------------------------------

Meanwhile, Gibbs is being unbearable to Tony and McGee. The senior agent does not talk anymore, he only shouts and answers with his typical "hmmp". "Why Kate is going to O'Brien's bullpen boss?" Finally, Tony couldn't help himself. "To help some idiots profile a case" that's all he said. Even Tony dares not open his mouth again.

Later on, Tony finds out from McGee, who found out from Abby, who heard from Ducky who witnessed the whole showdown at Ms. Red top Director Jenny Sheppard office. Ducky saw the whole shouting from Gibbs and Sheppard (mostly Gibbs, he stated). As Sheppard instructed Gibbs to transfers Caitlyn to help O'Brien's cold case. Gibbs refused point blank! Sheppard refused to listen. She has made up her mind.

The two of them were shouting; O'Brien was sitting in his chair, amused by the match, while Dr. Mallard stood in between to calm Gibbs down. Trashed bin was kicked and coffee spilled at the showdown. Dr. Mallard said that Shepard insisted on Agent Todd helping O'Brien's team until the cold case is closed…while actually O'Brien did not insist that it has to be agent Todd, he only asked for additional help for his team.
Tony is mad when he finds out. He braved himself and asks his boss AGAIN. "She is ours boss, She belongs to us, who is going to proof read my report? Who is going to help McGee with his assignment? And who is going to write down, type and conclude the report from the autopsy boss?"

"You guys are! Anyway that's your job", "Now shut up! and get back to work!" barked Gibbs; this is the 1st time Tony realizes how Kate has been their savior, helping with their workload before they handed them in to Gibbs. Life has been great since the ex Secret Service chick was there. Tony recalled boasting to his fellow agents at the HQ when his old boss recruited the dashing girl in his team, they were all jealous of his luck…until she starts kicking him in the shin…

Abby shows up in the middle of the bullpen from her lab, Gibbs can see that she was dashing through the stairs. "Is it true, you transfer our Kate to O'Brien?" she asks breathlessly.
"Why Gibbs? She is ours, not O'Brien's, and I actually enjoy the female company in this place!!! I was so happy when you hired her!!! We had tattoo done together and I like Katie!!!" She almost shouts…almost in tears, which she never does. Tony and McGee nod along.

Gibbs sighs and said," No Abby, just for a week Abby", he then stands up and left the bullpen while Abby just gapes at him in frustration. Sure, Kate is still working in the same NCIS' HQ, but being stationed at different floor from her…is unacceptable, Abby is pissed!
By 4 PM, after Kate has been introduced to her temporary colleagues: James, Bruce and Roland. All of them are charmed by the new additional female agent, O'Brien noticed and he thought, oh dear...his guys will meet Gibbs' wrath is ever…
----------------------------------------------
-Tbc-nova2006-edited
Chapter End Notes:
This is my 1st writing, REVIEW please. Tell me where I went wrong, and how do I improve. I'll continue my story as soon as possible. Yes, review please