- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
The next morning
Gibbs awoke to the warmth of somebody’s body wrapped around his own. Keeping his eyes closed and schooling his expression, Gibbs pieced together where he was and who was spooning him.

Slamming open one of his drawers and pulling out a handful shirts and throwing them into his duffel bag…Finding a picture taken of the team six months ago…Sitting on the floor beside his bed, drinking from the bottle…Tony arriving…Tony taking off his clothes…

Gibbs groaned into his pillow. He hadn’t planned on this happening and he wasn’t sure where it left him. Had Tony done it as a joke? Nah, there never was a joke…

Turning around in Tony’s arms, he looked at the younger man, noting how peaceful he was when he slept. As if noting that he was being watched, Tony slowly opened his eyes and blinked at Gibbs.

The two men watched each either for a while, content to not say anything. Tony seemed to be still waking up, whilst Gibbs didn’t feel much like talking anyway.

“Thought I dreamt it,” Tony eventually whispered

Gibbs looked into Tony’s eyes, whispering back, “Me too,”

Tony smiled and closed his eyes, “I could go back to sleep,” he commented, before his eyes shot open and he sat up, “What time is it?” he leaned across Gibbs to look at Gibbs’ alarm clock

“9:13. I’m late for work! Shit!” Tony jumped out of the bed and started gathering up his clothes, “I can’t believe I slept in,”

Gibbs supported his head with his hand propped up on his elbow and watched Tony hopping into his underwear.

“Dammit, where’s my shirt?” Tony asked as he located his pants, “Gibbs? Where’s my…?” Tony stopped and stared at Gibbs, “Why aren’t you getting changed?”

“Cos I’m on leave,” Gibbs answered, “Not goin’ into work,”

Tony frowned and looked worried as he walked to the edge of the bed, “You’re still leaving?”

Gibbs shrugged, then looked down, “I dunno,”

“Gibbs, I thought we – ” Tony started

“No, Tony, it’s not you,” Gibbs interrupted, “I just… I think I need time away, to think,”

“What?” Tony asked, sounding hurt, “You mean, after this you’re just gonna run away?”

“That’s not what I said Tony,” Gibbs stated

“That’s what it sounded like,” Tony replied, putting his hands on his hips

Gibbs sat up, “Tony, I … that’s not what I meant. I, um,… everything that’s been happening lately, it’s just got me thinking. I haven’t had a break from work since…2001, but it was cut short because of 9/11,”

Gibbs paused as he remembered getting the call in the middle of his vacation. Gibbs sighed, “Ducky told me he thinks I work too hard, and I think he might be right. I’m starting to feel the strain. One of the first few cases I worked in NIS was a guy who had a breakdown, ended up killing two of his collegues before turning the gun on himself. I don’t wanna end up like that,”

“So, you’re not…trying to get away from me?” Tony asked

Gibbs shook his head, “No, Tony. I was actually thinking…maybe you could come with me?”

Tony sat on the edge of the bed and looked into Gibbs’ eyes, “You want me to come with you?”

Gibbs smirked, “You gonna repeat everything I say?”

“I can’t just drop everything and leave, Gibbs,” Tony sighed

“Why not? I did. Besides, we don’t have any active cases at the moment and – ” Gibbs asked

“Gibbs, we’d be leaving the team two agents down,” Tony interrupted

“They’d get replacements,” Gibbs replied

“And it’s unusual for two people to go on leave at the same time, especially from the same team. And then the team, not to mention everybody else in the agency, would ask questions,” Tony argued

“So we give them answers,” Gibbs stated

Tony scoffed, “Yeah, and what would we tell them? That we finally realised we had feelings for each other and want time to explore the relationship and each other?”

Gibbs raised an eyebrow and he watched Tony’s eyes wander over his naked body, “We can tell them what we like. It’s probably no secret that I’ve taken long service leave, you could say that you had a family emergency…or something,”

“Yeah, or something. Gibbs, they’re federal agents, they investigate things, they’d know something was hinky from the get-go. I mean, I know they’ve got nothing on your gut, but…” Tony sighed, “It’s not gonna work,”

“Mmm,” Gibbs agreed, “Maybe… We could leave it a few days before you take leave?”

Tony turned to look at Gibbs, “Yeah, I guess that could work,”

Gibbs smiled and shuffled closer to Tony, “You know, you could call in and say you’re feeling sick,”

Tony smiled as Gibbs mouth captured his own. Tony moaned into the kiss as their tongues dueled for dominance. When they broke for air, Tony reluctantly stood up and straightened his clothes.

“Gibbs, I gotta get to work,” Tony sighed, still drinking in the sight of Gibbs’ body

Gibbs stood, “You can’t stay a bit longer? I doubt it’d make a difference,”

Tony chuckled and took a step away from Gibbs, “You’re a bad influence on me, boss. They’re gonna send out the search and rescue squad for me soon,”

“So?” Gibbs asked, sounding amused as he stepped closer to Tony

“So, my boss will kill me,” Tony replied, then looked around the room, “Do you know where my shirt is?”

“Wherever you left it,” Gibbs replied

“Gee thanks,” Tony responded as Gibbs backed him into the wall and began kissing him again

Gibbs’ hands roamed down the bare skin of Tony’s back, before settling on Tony’s ass cheeks. Pushing Tony’s ass towards him, their groins collided, causing Gibbs to moan into Tony’s mouth.

As the kiss ended, Gibbs continued sucking, kissing and licking down Tony’s jawline and neck.

“Mmm, Jethro,” Tony moaned, “I gotta go,”

Gibbs hummed noncommittally as he gave Tony a hickey. Tony groaned as his hands felt Gibbs’ dick against his stomach, and began stroking it. Gibbs moaned and attacked Tony’s mouth as his hands slipped into Tony’s pants to grasp Tony’s bare ass.

Eventually Gibbs pulled back and looked at Tony pants, then began working on the belt, mumbling, “Ah, these gotta go,”

Tony chuckled, but helped him get out of the pants, followed by his underwear. Tony closed the distance between them and captured Gibbs’ lips, allowing Gibbs’ tongue entrance.

Tony thrust against Gibbs’ erection, causing the two men to moan. Tony pushed Gibbs towards the bed, but Gibbs tripped over Tony’s clothing, causing both men to end up on the floor.

Gibbs chuckled against Tony’s mouth and flipped their positions so that he was on top. Gibbs started licking Tony’s nipples, flicking them to and fro in his mouth. The younger man moaned and squirmed against him.

“Mmm, you like that?” Gibbs muttered

“Ahh, yea- yes, boss,” Tony replied, closing his eyes

Gibbs grinned and his cock got harder when Tony called him ‘boss’. Gibbs took the other nipple in his mouth and started rocking against Tony erection.

Suddenly Tony stopped squirming and opened his eyes, “Gibbs?”

“Mmm,” Gibbs replied, kissing and licking down Tony’s stomach

“Did you hear that?” Tony asked

Gibbs looked up from what he was doing and looked blankly at Tony, “Hear what?”

“A car door slam,” Tony replied

Gibbs frowned and was about to go back to his work when he heard a knocking at his door.

“Shit!” Tony exclaimed, almost whispering as he jumped up and tried to find his clothes again

Gibbs hmphed and rolled over, before slowly getting to his feet. The knocking came again, causing Tony to growl at the door.

Gibbs sighed and grabbed a towel from his bathroom; he eyed Tony, commanding, “Stay here,”

“Gibbs, where’s my shirt?” Tony hissed

Gibbs shrugged and shut the door. As he jogged down the stairs, he wrapped the towel around his waist. Opening the front door, he saw a distressed looking McGee and a worried Kate.

“What?” he asked when they didn’t say anything

“Um, I think, ah, did you want to put on some clothes?” McGee stuttered

“Can we come in?” Kate asked at the same time

Gibbs frowned and stepped out of the way, “Sure,”

Gibbs put on the coffee as they made their way in, then turned to his guests, “Now, what was so pressing that you couldn’t just ring me?”

“Tony’s missing,” McGee said quickly, “He hasn’t come in to work, not answering his home phone, his cell’s switched off and he’s not at home,”

“Maybe he’s with a girlfriend and slept in, it happens,” Gibbs suggested

“No, he didn’t have a date last night and in any case, he never sleeps the night with them. His nosy neighbor said he didn’t come home last night. And Tony left work early, said he had something urgent to do,” Kate replied

“Let me put some clothes on,” Gibbs sighed and walked out of the kitchen

As he entered his bedroom, he saw Tony looking under the bed. “Anything under there?” Gibbs asked

“Gibbs, I can’t find my shirt,” Tony responded

“Borrow one of mine,” Gibbs told him as he threw some clothes on, “McGee and Kate are downstairs, they think you’re missing,”

“What did you tell them?” Tony asked

“I said you might be at a girlfriend’s place,” Gibbs responded, throwing a t-shirt on as he walked back out

As he jogged back down the stairs, he heard Kate and McGee talking frantically, probably debating who was going to say something.

“Okay, so …” Gibbs stopped talking as Kate turned to him, then held up the shirt Tony was wearing last night

“You sure you don’t know where he is?” Kate asked
Chapter End Notes:
Sorry about the delay...again. Life's a bit busy at the mo, but i'm trying to update regularly...
Anyway, this chapter's a bit longer than the rest, i got a bit carried away and didn't know when to stop...