- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Tony stays at Gibbs' place
"DiNozzo, you ready yet?" Gibbs asked, standing up and turning off his lamp

"Not yet, just gotta finish this up," Tony replied, looking up at Gibbs, "Besides, I need to drop past my place to pick up all my crap,"

Gibbs strode around to the front of Tony's desk, peeking over to see the computer, "Whatcha doin'?"

"Checking my email," Tony responded, clicking on something to make his screen go blank, "You don't have the internet at your place, do you?"

"Nope," Gibbs replied, stepping back a bit, "You use the internet much?"

Tony rolled his eyes, "Gibbs, sometimes I'm not sure how you get by without the internet,"

"Easy," Gibbs replied, "I have a boat,"

Tony rolled his eyes again, "No, boss, you have the skeleton of a boat,"

"I'll get it finished one day," Gibbs replied, "You sure you don't need help picking up some of your stuff?"

"I'm sure, boss," Tony responded, "I'll pick up some Chinese on my way over,"

Gibbs scoffed, "Tony, I can cook. Take-out is for eating on the run at the office. At home, I like to have a home-cooked meal,"

"So I suppose you'll want to know what time I'll be in?" Tony asked

"Well, that would be a good idea if you were planning on eating tonight," Gibbs remarked

Tony grinned, "So, will it be a candlelit dinner?"

"That'd ruin the surprise," Gibbs returned the smile, "Tony, give me a call when you leave your place, ok?"

"Okay, boss," Tony replied

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Gibbs turned the veggies down to a simmer and checked on the meat in the oven. As he took off his oven mitts, he looked at the clock. Tony hadn't called yet, so he had enough time to quickly check his email before the younger man arrived.

Gibbs quickly made his way into the basement and turned on the laptop, waiting impatiently for it to boot up. He tapped his knuckles against the bench as the computer was finally ready.

Logging onto the site, he found that he had a few new emails, one of them from Tony.

To: Jarhead426
From: ToyBoy38
Subject: Thanks
Hey, thanx 4 the advice 2 ask my boss if I could stay with him. I asked him over lunch & he said yes. In fact, he was very good about it, even going so far as 2 ask if I wanted 2 permanently stay with him. But I think that's more 2 do with the fact that he hates the area & apartment I'm living in @ the moment, & he thinks my landlord is a bastard.

In any case, I'm not going 2 b able 2 talk 2 u as much now, his place doesn't have the internet, so I'll be reduced 2 only talking 2 u @ work…under the watchful eyes of my boss.

*sigh* and now I'm wondering whether I'm doing the right thing, I like u…I've never met u, but u sound nice, & caring… ur like the polar opposite of my boss, who is a bastard, & can hurt me without even thinking about it. & I know I've known him 4 longer, & I'm attracted 2 him & everything, but… I'm kinda confused @ the moment.
Sorry if this is making u feel awkward, but I needed to tell you…

Anyway, I've gotta go, my boss is expecting me at his place soon for dinner…
Cya, ToyBoy38

Gibbs blinked at the message on the screen, then read it again to make sure he'd seen it right. Cursing silently to himself, he tried to think about what to reply…there was no way he could tell Tony who he was. It was too late in the game to reveal his identity…

To: ToyBoy38
From: Jarhead426
Subject: Re: Thanks
I'm glad that you're boss gave you a place to stay, although, I never doubted him. Perhaps him offering you a more permanent solution was him looking out for one of his own, or maybe it was his way to express his feelings towards you. Let me give you a piece of free advice, ask him about how he feels about you, or tell him how you feel about him. He might just tell you the truth.

As for me, Tony, you can't like me, we've never met, or even exchanged pictures…I'm guessing the internet can exchange photos. Besides, I'm straight, you seem like a fantastic guy, so if I did lean that way, then by all means… But I think you should try your luck with your boss. Staying at his place may just have a few benefits, if you know what I mean…

Good luck, and I'll talk to you soon, Jarhead426

Gibbs sent of the email and began closing down the computer when he heard his phone ring. Racing upstairs, he managed to get it before it stopped ringing

"Gibbs," he answered

"Boss, it's me, I'm about ten minutes from your place, I just had to stop for a few things on the way," Tony said on the other side of the phone

"You better not have picked up anything for dinner," Gibbs threatened

"Wouldn't dream of it, boss," Tony replied, with a hint of a smile, "Just picked up some alcohol,"

Gibbs narrowed his eyes at the phone, "Tony, you realise you still have two full six packs here from the last time you came over?"

"Yes, boss," Tony answered

Gibbs frowned, "Okay then, well I'll see you in 10, and not a minute later,"

"Yes, mum," Tony answered as Gibbs hung up

8 minutes later Gibbs heard Tony's car pull up on his driveway, followed by the sounds of car doors opening and shutting. Eventually Tony opened the door to the house and walked in.

Gibbs smiled at the sight of Tony walking in with his duffel bag and a brown paper bag.
Looking through his cupboards for a particular spice, he heard Tony dump his bag, then walk up behind him.

"Smells good, boss," Tony said, peering over his shoulder into the saucepan

"That's because it is good, Tony," Gibbs replied, adding some spices to it

"Is it ready yet?" Tony asked

"You're two minutes early," Gibbs replied, with a smile, "Get some plates out,"

Tony smiled and got a few plates out of the cupboard and placed them on the breakfast bar, "I've got something for you,"

Gibbs turned around, "Better not be de-caf coffee,"

Tony laughed, "Would I do that to you, boss?"

"Yep, and Tony, at home, I'm either Jethro, or Gibbs," Gibbs replied

"Okay…Jethro," Tony said with a smile, then turned around to get the brown paper bag, "This is for letting me stay here,"

Gibbs frowned as he took the bag, "Tony, you didn't have to do this,"

"Just open it," Tony responded

Gibbs smiled at Tony's eagerness, and pulled the bottle of Jack Daniels out of the bag.

"I was gonna get you something more creative, but I was in a hurry – " Tony said

"Tony, it's great," Gibbs interrupted, "Thank-you,"

"Just a token of my appreciation," Tony commented as he started to blush

Gibbs grinned, putting the bottle down as he took one of the saucepans and drained it, "Well, let's get on with dinner, before it goes funny. And later, we'll crack open that bottle of bourbon,"

"Sounds like a plan, bo-Jethro," Tony replied, quickly correcting himself
Chapter End Notes:
This chapter is shorter than the rest of the chapters, but hopefully the next one should more than make up for it....
Please give me feedback, it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy