- Text Size +
Chapter 4

"Well, your partner certainly does care about you."
From what Kate could figure, she was in a warehouse.
"Why are you doing this John?"
"Family is everything to me"
"Huh?" Kate asked confused.
"I think you know my brother Kate?" he asked, gesturing to the man in the shadows behind him.
"Hello Special Agent Todd" he walked forward and she could she his face. He looked different up close but he was unmistakable. It was Jason Michaels. ‘Oh crap' she thought. Why hadn't she figured it out? John Michaels. It just never clicked. Sometimes the obvious things never do.
"You've been planning this haven't you?" her question was addressed to John but it was Jason who answered it.
"Yes, I have."
"Oh come on Man, we've been planning this."
"Right. Sorry little bro."
"Em, excuse me I don't see the point of me being here" She said, interrupting their personal conversation.
"Oh right. If we have you then maybe NCIS will be a bit more co-operative to my demands."
"Hate to burst your bubble but NCIS doesn't negotiate with kidnappers." She told them with fake confidence. "You might have gotten something if your demands were not so big. I mean, 1 million dollars. Think logically people!"
"Maybe we should kill you then, that is if NCIS doesn't' negotiate."
"Do you seriously think they will give you anything if you murder a Special Agent? Did you take my advice on the logic thing?" She asked, sarcastically.
"Is she always sarcastic?" Jason asked his brother.
"Yup. She also never shuts up about DiNozzo. ‘Oh Tony said this or Tony said that' I think she loves him or something."
"Shut up I do not." She said denying it, even thought she new in her heart that it was true. She also knew that Tony didn't have the same feelings, even though Abby said he did. "So are you going to interrogate me or not because I'd like to get it over and done with?"
"Kate we're not going to interrogate you. We already have everything we need to know. We're just going to make you suffer for a while." And with that she saw him bring the base of her gun downwards and then there was darkness.

She woke up in a room no larger than a jail cell. She saw a little girl cowering in the corner. "Hello?" she asked softly.
"Hi" the little girl replied. She was no more than 7.
"I'm Kate. What's your name?"
"Maya" she said barely more than a whisper. Kate had guessed right. It was Commander Schofield's daughter.
"What are you doing here Maya?"
"I was kidnapped."
"Really? Me too"
"Seriously? Did they kill your mum too?"
"No. I was taken because I was looking for you."
"Oh. Sorry."
"No don't be honey. It is my job. I work at NCIS. I'm a federal agent."
"Cool. What's NCIS?" Kate had gotten tired of answering this question but she told her anyway. She was only 7. She had met 50 year olds who didn't' know what it was.
"It stands for Naval Criminal Investigative Service."
"Oh. My mum told me about you. She said the agent she knew asked her out and wouldn't stop flirting with her."
‘DiNozzo' Kate thought. "No we're not all like that. Just one of us. The guy wouldn't be called Tony DiNozzo by any chance?"
"Yeah, that's what she said his name was"
‘Of course it was' she thought ‘stupid skirt chaser' "Well Tony is the only one who is like that." God I hope so. How could she deal with 2 DiNozzo's. If it was the kind, sweet one who'd stayed with her in the hospital when she was shot then that would be great but if it was the annoying, juvenile side then she would shoot someone. It was ok if it was just a little bit, he could be funny but if it was Tony in his full blown skirt chasing self then she got really pissed off.
"Kate?" she heard a small voice
"What'd ya say?"
"I didn't say anything" said Maya, confused
"It was me" Kate spun around and standing in the corner stood Tony

"I must be dreaming" She muttered to herself.
"More like hallucinating. You got hit pretty hard Kate. Nothing that a night with me couldn't fix"
"Shut up DiNozzo!"
"Hey. You wanted me to say it. Anyway, back to my point." She must be hallucinating. Never once had she heard Tony say ‘back to the point'
"Kate, over here." He said bringing her back to him. "I'm going to do everything I can to get you back. I will figure it out and kill the bastard who took you. Love you." And then he disappeared
"Whoa" She muttered "Hinky"