- Text Size +
Chapter 7

On the way to Kate's apartment they talked about what had happened. Kate intentionally left out the part where John said that she was in love with Tony. "Kate, you realize that you never told me where your apartment is?"
"I'll tell you when we get there"

15 minutes later Kate suddenly said, "We're here. Um, you wanna come up? I mean so that we could plan where to meet tomorrow night" she added hastily. What was she thinking? She had just asked Tony up to her apartment.

"Sure." He replied. Kate had just asked him up to her apartment. When she smiled at his answer he thanked God he was still sitting down, his legs had gone to jelly.

When he smiled after his answer she felt shivers go down her spine. He got out the car and walked to the elevator. "So, what floor do ya stay on?"
"3rd" came her reply
"Great" he added. Had things gotten weird or was it just him?
"Number 108" he said when they got to her door, just to break the silence.
"Yup. So we've decided? Rasmussen's at 8?"
"Yeah. Well I better get going. It's half two"
"Jesus already? You know we both have to work tomorrow, why don't you, um, just crash here?"
"I have nothing to sleep in"
"I can get something out of my ex's old clothes"
"Great, I'll take the couch." He couldn't believe it! Here was finally going to be sleeping under the same roof as Kate. The times that they had had to stay at HQ didn't count.
"Here you go Tony." She was holding a white t-shirt. When he went to take it from her he accidentally touched her hand. She didn't pull away like he had expected her to. Instead she just lifted her head up slowly and stared into his eyes. He saw her and gazed back into her beautiful, dark eyes. They both moved forward at the same time and the shirt fell to the floor.
‘Oh my God, this is actually happening!' thought Kate. ‘Tony's a really great kisser' as she put her arms around his neck and ran her fingers through his hair. After several minutes they both pulled apart gasping for air. "Tony, I'm sorry I just…."
"Don't be" He said cutting her off and pulling her into another passionate kiss. He lifted her up and she wrapped her legs around his waist and he started to head towards the bedroom…