- Text Size +
Chapter 8

"Good morning" was all she heard in her ear. The previous night had been amazing, not at all what she expected it to be. Tony was lying behind her and tracing figure eights on her bare arm. "Kate," she heard him whisper
"Yeah?"
"I love you"
"I love you to Tony"
"Really?"
"Of course" Kate thought that right there, in that moment there was no one who was happier than her and Tony lying there in her bed. Ring ring. Ring ring.
"DiNozzo"
"Tony!" ‘Gibbs' Tony mouthed to Kate. She got up and went to get dressed.
"What is it Boss? Is McGee ok?"
"He's fine. We got a lead on where Michaels is gonna be. Ducky found a note on his brother."
"Where is it?"
"The parking garage at the Baltimore mall. Get Kate and meet me there"
"Ok Boss I'll tell…" But Gibbs had already hung up.

Ring ring. Ring ring.
"Special Agent Todd"
"Hey Kate"
"Abby?"
"Yeah."
"What's wrong Abs you sound like you've been crying, but you never cry?"
"I know. I woke up crying. Look I had a dream about Tony. Something bad is going to happen to him Kate I know it!"
"It was just a bad dream Abby. Speaking of DiNozzo, I finally told him"
"That you love him?"
"Yeah. Actually, he said it first"
"I told ya Kate. What happened after that? Did you sleep with him?"
"No. I slept with him before I told him"
"And?"
"It was amazing. Twice as good as I thought it was going to be. Gotta go Abs, Tony's here."
"Who was that Kate" he said giving her a kiss
"Abby. Did you tell Gibbs that we broke Rule 12?"
"No. did you want him jumping through the phone? Did you tell Abs?"
"Of course."
"What'd she say"
"Nothing much. We were talking about you so when you came in I hung up."

They got ready for work and set off to the parking garage. "There's Gibbs" Tony said when he saw him. They got out and joined their boss. "Is he here yet?"
"No. I spoke to soon. Here he comes" they stood behind a van and waited for him to get out of the pick-up. He had 2 goons in another. The came out from behind the van at different sides. Tony and Kate to the left and Gibbs to the right. "NCIS, freeze!"
Bang! They all hit the deck. Only one did not get up again. Special Agent Anthony DiNozzo. Gibbs and Kate hid behind the parked van and returned fire at the kidnapper and his 2 goons that were shooting at them. Kate did not realize Tony was dead, she just thought he was wounded. They got the two goons but the Michaels pulled away in a black pick-up. "Tony!" he heard Kate yell. She knelt in close to him and whispered in his ear, "I love you" so only he could hear. That was the last thing Tony DiNozzo ever heard. It was the three, sweet words he had always wanted to here from her beautiful lips, in her beautiful voice.

At least he could rest in peace knowing the woman he loved was still alive and well.

The End