- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
What he didn't know was a lot of things, but he knew he loved her.
What He Didn't Know

He took in every detail of the picture before him. It was the only one he had of her. She was smiling, even though he had taken her by surprise. Her eyes shone light green. He could get lost in those eyes, and he did. Every day.
Sure he bragged about his latest girlfriend almost constantly, but it was in the vain hope that she would get jealous. Thus far, it hadn't worked, but it didn't hurt to try did it?
What he didn't know was that it did hurt. What he didn't know was that she already loved him. What he didn't know was that every time he mentioned another girl around her, her heart sank a little lower, and it was harder and harder to keep the mask of happiness plastered on her face. What he didn't know was that she already loved him, but every word he spoke seemed to convince her more and more, that he would never love her back. What he didn't know could probably fill several books, but soon there would be one less.
"I love you." Abby said it nervously. It was a simple sentence that seemed to take ages for her to say. It sounded to him that he was joking, considering that he had just told her how his girlfriend had just dumped him. But when he looked up into her eyes he saw the truth.
"I love you too."