- Text Size +
Story Notes:
This is my second slash story, kinda had this at the back of my mind for a while, so... Hope you like it, please give me feedback, tell me what you think
Author's Chapter Notes:
Tony tried to figure out Gibbs' feelings for him
Gibbs briefly closed his eyes, then looked around the room. He saw agents he'd worked with at some stage at NCIS, there were people he'd worked with from other agencies, and a few that he didn't know. Everybody looked bored already, a few people had fallen asleep, some were discreetly listening to music or doing other work, some were passing notes and quietly laughing at some shared joke. From what he could see, there were only a few people actually listening. The seminar had only been going for an hour.
He looked at the faces of his team; they looked as bored as he felt. McGee was writing, making it look like he was paying attention, but on closer inspection, he was working on some complex equation. Kate had her eyes on the lecturer, but didn't appear to hear anything that was being said. Turning his attention to Tony, he noticed the younger agent watching him, when Tony realised Gibbs was watching him, he made a face. Gibbs rolled his eyes at him, then turned his attention back to the front of the room.
He couldn't understand why they had to be here. The director had told his team that they had to attend the sexual harassment seminar, pulling them from the middle of an active case. Gibbs sighed and started counting the marks on his desk.
"Ok, you and you," the lecturer said, pointing at Tony and Gibbs, "You two just volunteered, now come done here"
Tony and Gibbs silently swore, going down to the front of the room.
"What're we doing?" Gibbs asked
"You two are going to pretend to be gay" the lecturer told them
Gibbs' eyebrows shot through the roof, he really didn't like this.
"I want you both to hug each other" the lecturer continued, oblivious to Gibbs' discomfort
"How ‘bout it boss?" Tony said with his charming smile
"Tony" Gibbs said warningly
Tony smiled and walked closer, hugging him. Then suddenly, Tony was kissing him. Gibbs gasped and Tony took advantage of the situation, pushing his tongue into Gibbs' mouth.
"Boss" Tony moaned
Gibbs tried to pull away, he didn't want this, and certainly not in-front of this lecture room.
"Gibbs" Tony said louder, shaking him
Gibbs frowned. Tony kissed along his jaw line and along his neck.
"Gibbs" Tony called, "Wake up"
Gibbs opened his eyes, sitting bolt-upright and staring into the darkness.
"Jeez, didn't think you were gonna wake up for a second, then" Tony told him, kneeling next to him
Gibbs looked at Tony, trying to figure out why he was sleeping next to Tony. Then he remembered the case. They'd been chasing a marine who'd killed his wife and best friend when he found them in bed together. The team had been chasing the marine for a few days; however they remained a step behind him. After a long day wandering around the countryside, they'd checked in at a busy motel. The receptionist was only able to give them three rooms and Tony and Gibbs had drawn the short straws. Being the only female, Kate was entitled to a room. McGee had a cold and neither Gibbs, nor Tony wanted to share with him.
"Boss, you with me?" Tony asked, looking concerned
"Yeah," Gibbs replied, "What's the time?"
"0200" Tony said
Gibbs sighed and rubbed his eyes, "Okay, I'm going back to sleep"
Tony nodded, "Sure you don't want to sleep in the bed?"
Gibbs lay down, closing his eyes, "I don't want to sleep with you Tony"
"Well, you could sleep in the bed, and I could sleep on the floor" Tony suggested
"I'm fine, DiNozzo" Gibbs replied
"Well, I'm just thinking, you know, I'm young and your bones…" Tony explained
Gibbs whacked Tony on the back of his head, interrupting him.
"Thanks, boss" Tony said, standing up, "See you in the morning"
Tony lay on the bed, staring at the ceiling, "So, what was your dream about?"
"I don't dream" Gibbs replied
"Yeah you do. You said my name" Tony told him,
"You must be hearing things" Gibbs stated
"You been dreaming about me, boss?" Tony asked
"Drop it, DiNozzo" Gibbs responded
"Ok" Tony said, rolling over, "Night, boss"
"Night, Tony" Gibbs said with a sigh


Few months later…
Gibbs looked up from his monitor, glancing at Tony. He loved watching the younger agent when the other didn't know he was doing it. He'd perfected noticing when Tony was working and when he was playing games, and he loved calling him on it even more. The team had just put away a young marine for killing and covering up his friend's death. There was a lot of paperwork.
Tony shuffled a bit and his expression showed he was concentrating very hard on what he was doing, playing games. Gibbs let him play for a while, knowing the younger man had worked well on the case and could enjoy some ‘down-time'.
"Your typing has improved, Tony" Kate remarked, glancing across at him
"Been trying real hard" Tony replied
"Yeah, now he knows the short-cuts to everything" McGee said off-handedly
"Short-cuts?" Kate asked
"Yeah, like walking through walls" McGee replied
"I'm not playing Doom, Probie" Tony said
Gibbs smiled, his team worked well together. The team dynamics were at its all time best, he knew they'd complement each other when he picked them. They were the best at what they did.
"Back to work" Gibbs growled at them, "DiNozzo, stop playing games"
"On it, boss" Tony responded, writing the last few bits of his report.
After a while, Tony glanced at Gibbs, noting the strength in his arms and the silver of his hair. Absently, Tony picked up his pencil and chewed on the end of it, leaning back in his chair. Tony watched as Gibbs got up and walked out of the bullpen to the elevator, probably for more coffee. He watched Gibbs ass as he walked by, thinking of all the things he wanted to do with it.
"Ow!" Tony exclaimed
Kate looked up from her work, smirking, "What'd you do?"
"Bit my tongue" Tony replied awkwardly, taking the pencil out of his mouth.


Just after the Voss incident…
Tony walked out of the bullpen and waited next to Gibbs for the elevator. Neither man exchanged words. They walked in as the doors opened and stood next to each other in the cart. Tony looked at Gibbs, searching his face, but it was blank. Sighing, Tony pulled the emergency switch, causing the cart to shut down.
Gibbs turned to look at Tony, expectantly.
"I should have answered your call" Tony told him
"You should have kept your guard up" Gibbs told him evenly
They stood in silence for a while, "I shouldn't have flirted with her…him"
Gibbs tilted his head to the side, eying the younger agent.
"I mean, not that that bothers me all that much, that she was a he, and that I kissed a he…it bothers me that I kissed a murderer" Tony explained
Gibbs studied him, "I know"
Tony frowned, "What do you mean, you know"
Gibbs sighed, "I know the real reason you left the other police stations and why you moved around so much"
"Oh, how long have you known I was gay, or bi, as it may be?" Tony asked
"Since I did the background check" Gibbs responded
"That doesn't bother you" Tony stated
Gibbs shook his head, "If it did, you wouldn't be here. Next time, answer my call and don't let your guard down"
Tony smiled, "You were worried about me?"
"Of course I was" Gibbs replied, looking away
Tony's smile broadened, "You care about me"
Gibbs flicked the emergency switch, bringing it back to life.


A few months later…
Gibbs sat up suddenly, bumping his head on the underside of the boat. Rubbing his head, he carefully got out from the boat and stood up.
The doorbell rang again. Gibbs grumbled, looking at his watch, what the hell was so urgent that somebody wanted to see him at 0315? He walked up the stairs from the basement and made his way to the door.
"Gibbs!" somebody shouted, resorting to banging on his door
Narrowing his eyes, he pulled his sig out and opened the door a fraction
Out in the pouring rain, he saw Tony, drenched through. Swearing, Gibbs fully opened the door.
"What the hell are you doing here?" Gibbs asked, then without waiting for a reply, "Stay there, I'll get a towel"
"You didn't even see me in Bethesda, you bastard!" Tony exclaimed, ignoring Gibbs and walking after him, "I thought you said you cared about me"
Gibbs frowned, taking a towel out of the cupboard, "You close the door?"
"Did you even hear me?" Tony shouted
"Yeah" Gibbs replied, walking past Tony to shut the door
"I almost died!" Tony shouted, "Kate saw me! Ducky and Abby saw me! Even McGee showed up! But where the hell were you?!"
"Busy catching the bitch who infected you with pneumonic plague" Gibbs told him, sternly, "And what the hell are you doing walking in the rain?"
"What does it matter to you?!" Tony replied
"I don't want you to have a relapse" Gibbs responded
Tony scoffed, "And the only reason you care about that is that you'll be one agent down"
Gibbs narrowed his eyes at the man, "Strip"
Tony took a few breaths, "What?"
"I told you to strip" Gibbs iterated
"Why?" Tony asked
"You're dripping on my floor" Gibbs responded, holding out the towel, "You need to get out of those clothes and into some warm ones, I won't look"
"Yeah, but you want to" Tony replied, taking off his jacket
"What makes you think that?" Gibbs asked nervously
"I know you want me" Tony said, "Which is why I'm so pissed off that you didn't see me at the hospital"
"I did" Gibbs replied, watching as Tony slowly unbuttoned his shirt and took it off
"When you told me not to die and slapped me?" Tony asked
"Yeah" Gibbs said, watching Tony unbuckle his belt
"That's not what I meant, I was talking about after the danger was over" Tony told him, unzipping and taking off his pants. When Gibbs didn't reply, Tony asked, "Why didn't you come to see me?"
"I couldn't" Gibbs replied, knowing that he would have done something he would regret if he'd seen Tony in the hospital bed
"Why?" Tony asked, putting his hands on his hips, "It's not like you had a case"
Gibbs gestured at Tony's boxers, "They have to come off as well"
"What?" Tony asked, getting angry
"They're wet" Gibbs explained
Tony hooked his thumbs into the waistline and pulled his boxers down, standing stark-naked in front of Gibbs, "Happy?"
Gibbs raised his eyebrows, "Yeah" Gibbs replied, diverting his eyes as he gave Tony the towel
"See something you like boss?" Tony asked
Gibbs looked away, then looked back towards Tony, focusing on the floor, seemingly embarrassed, "I've seen you naked before, Tony"
Tony wrapped the towel around his waist, "Yeah, but, here we're alone"
"You were supposed to use the towel to dry yourself" Gibbs commented, "Or have a shower, or something"
Tony frowned, "Stop changing the subject"
"There's more towels," gesturing to the cupboard, "In there" Gibbs said, walking to the kitchen
"Gibbs" Tony called
"Yeah," Gibbs said, turning back to look at Tony questioningly
"Clothes?" he asked
Gibbs seemed to consider the question, before eventually answering, "I'll leave some out for you"
"And in the meantime?" Tony asked
"Have a shower" Gibbs replied, "Don't forget to clean behind your ears"
Tony forced a smile, then headed to the bathroom. Gibbs watched him go, then headed towards his room, taking out some clothes for the younger man. Heading back to the kitchen, Gibbs put on a pot of coffee and wondered what Tony was really doing here. Not that he wanted him to leave…
Leaning against the counter, Gibbs watched the coffee drip into the pot.
"Entertaining?" Tony asked, walking into the kitchen with the towel around his waist again
"Very" Gibbs replied
Tony studied Gibbs for a second, debating whether or not to ask, "Can I ask you something?"
"Do you wanna get some clothes on first?" Gibbs asked
"Are you uncomfortable?" Tony asked
Gibbs opened his mouth to reply, then closed it, taking a deep breath. Frowning, he replied, "No"
"Ok. I want you to answer honestly" Tony said, stepping into the kitchen
"You think I would lie?" Gibbs asked, straightening up
"About this? Maybe. Are you gay?" Tony asked
"Yes" Gibbs answered, then realizing what he said, backed up, putting Tony at a distance, "I didn't mean that. I did not just say that"
Tony frowned at Gibbs' strange behavior, "So, you meant to say, no, you're not gay?"
"No. I mean yes. I mean…" Gibbs ran a hand through his hair, "Shit"
"Hey, take it easy, Gibbs" Tony said
Gibbs took another step backwards, backing into the sink, "I'm not gay, I'm as straight as…and I have three ex-wives to prove it" Gibbs defended himself, forcing a laugh
"Okay" Tony said evenly
Gibbs looked down, "Can we forget this conversation?" he asked the floor
Tony thought about if, weighing up the positives and negatives, "No" he eventually answered
"Why the hell not?! I swear if you tell anyone..!" Gibbs said angrily, looking directly at Tony
"You haven't told anybody?" Tony asked, surprised
"No!" Gibbs exclaimed, "Nobody knows and I want it to stay that way."
"Not even Ducky?" Tony asked
"Not even Ducky" Gibbs replied, "Look, can we please forget this happened?"
"Like hell I will" Tony responded
"Why not?!" Gibbs asked, pushing off the sink and leaning threateningly at Tony
Tony squared his shoulders and looked Gibbs straight in his eyes, "Because I love you"
"What?!" Gibbs asked,
"You heard me" Tony replied
Gibbs grabbed Tony's shoulders and pushed him back into the wall, "No you don't. Now, I want you to forget this happened" he said, his voice wavering
"I can't" Tony responded, "I won't"
"You can and you will" Gibbs commanded him
"Why are you doing this?" Tony asked
"I've been doing ‘this' for thirty years, DiNozzo, a few more aren't gonna hurt" Gibbs replied
"Hurt who? You or me? I love you" Tony countered
Gibbs took a breath, "I don't love you"
"Bullshit!" Tony exclaimed, "I've seen the way you look at me. And those head-slaps, they're signs of affection because you need to touch me"
"I don't need anything" Gibbs replied harshly
"You need me!" Tony shouted
"Go home, DiNozzo" Gibbs told him
"No!" Tony said, grabbing Gibbs' shirt and pulling him closer, clashing their lips together in a heated and rough kiss. Their tongues dueled for dominance as their passion rose. When they pulled apart, Gibbs just stared at Tony. Eventually, Gibbs pulled out of Tony's grasp and walked off without a word.
Tony silently swore, then ran to where Gibbs was standing, "Gibbs, I'm sorry, I didn't…"
"Just leave" Gibbs said, without turning around, his voice shaking
Tony thought about trying to talk to Gibbs but thought better of it; instead, he quickly changed into the dry clothes that Gibbs had left out for him. Grabbing his wet clothes, he walked through the kitchen, finding that Gibbs was no longer there, he must have gone down to the basement again. Tony sighed and let himself out.
Chapter End Notes:
This is my second slash story, kinda had this at the back of my mind for a while, so...
Hope you like it, please give me feedback, tell me what you think