- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Gibbs explains a few things
Tony walked into the office the next day, dreading the confrontation with Gibbs. He was still on medical leave for another week and a half. Walking into the bullpen, he noticed Gibbs wasn't at his desk. Sighing, he walked up to Kate's desk.

"Tony! What are you doing here?" Kate asked, surprised to see him back so soon

"Hey" Tony smiled, "Just dropping by"

Kate narrowed her eyes at him, "You willingly come into work when you don't have to be here, yet when you're supposed to be working, you do everything to avoid it"

"Yeah, well he's lonely when he's at home. And at work, we all know he's an attention seeker" McGee replied, "Trying to get approval in Gibbs' eyes"

"Yeah, he's like a puppy dog, trying to get attention and get everyone to like him" Kate responded, "Or just the one" Kate added, wriggling her eyebrows

"Come on guys, I'm not even back yet" Tony pleaded

"Guess we can cut him some slack" Kate conceded

"Good. Where's Gibbs?" Tony asked

"What are you doing here, DiNozzo?" Gibbs asked, walking in with a large cup of coffee

"Ah, returning some of your stuff" Tony replied, putting the backpack with his clothes in it next to Gibbs' desk

"That could have waited till your due to come back," Gibbs grumbled

"I don't know if I'm gonna come back" Tony responded

"What?!" Gibbs exclaimed, standing up and McGee's jaw dropped

"Tony, you can't leave" Kate said, "You can't leave us here with Gibbs"

"What are you implying, Agent Todd?!" Gibbs asked, angrily

"You've hardly been in a good mood this morning, Gibbs" Kate told him, "It's kinda hard to work with you like that, and Tony is probably the only one, besides Ducky, who can defuse your temper"

"You'd better hope he can defuse my temper" Gibbs said warningly, "DiNozzo! Conference room, now!"

As Gibbs flicked the emergency switch, he turned around, "What the hell are you doing?!"

"I was thinking about resigning" Tony replied

"Why?!" Gibbs exclaimed

Tony gave a weak smile, "It's time to move on, my expiry date has been out for a long time"

"I'm not going to accept it" Gibbs told him

"You don't have to" Tony replied

"Yes, I do" Gibbs told him

"Boss, I've done this enough times, I'm starting to get good at leaving" Tony argued

"You are not leaving!" Gibbs stated

"We won't be able to work together, Gibbs. Face the facts" Tony reasoned, "It's better if I just leave"

"Nothing has changed, DiNozzo!" Gibbs exclaimed

Tony scoffed, "Sure, I mean, you told me you were gay…"

Gibbs glared at him, "Nothing you didn't know already"

"…I kissed you" Tony continued

Gibbs clenched his jaw, "I don't want you to leave"

"Why?" Tony challenged him

Gibbs sighed and rubbed his face, "I don't know, I…I guess because…I know that I'm not alone, that's its not just me…and them"

Tony narrowed his eyes at him, "You have some issues with homophobia, don't you?"

Gibbs gave a small laugh, "Yeah, I do"

"You want to talk about it?" Tony asked

"Will you stay?" Gibbs asked, hopefully

Tony sighed, "I don't know, maybe. I still don't see why you want me here"

"I kinda like you" Gibbs muttered to the floor

Tony smiled and went forward to hug Gibbs, but Gibbs pulled back, "Hey, none of that hugging stuff"

"You want another kiss?" Tony asked

"Ah…no. Tony, you think we could just leave it at this for now?" Gibbs asked

Tony sighed, "Ok"

"You're gonna stay?" Gibbs asked

"Yeah, s'pose" Tony said half-heartedly

************************************************************************************************************************

3 months later…
Tony lay down on his couch and opened a can of beer. The last week at work had been a living hell. Lt. Peters had killed the women he couldn't have, Jean and her boyfriend, Sgt. Crowe. Lt. Peters' religion refused him to have a relationship with the woman, so he reasoned nobody else could have her either.

It had been a long case and the team had been working long days. Gibbs had been a bastard, more so than usual, it's been almost unbearable.

Tony flicked on the TV and was mindlessly flicking through the channels when his doorbell rang. Tony groaned, wishing the person would go away. When he opened the door, he was surprised to see Gibbs standing there.

"Boss" he said, "You're the last person I expected to be here, no offense"

"Yeah, me too" Gibbs replied

"What are you doing here?" Tony asked

"I come bearing pizza and beer" Gibbs responded, showing him the bags

Tony looked at the bags and frowned, "I've already eaten and…" he held up his beer

Gibbs' face fell, "Didn't really come for the food or beer"

"So, why did you come?" Tony asked

Gibbs shrugged, squinting at a point over Tony's shoulder, "I've been asking myself that since I left home" he sighed, "But I guess I'm not wanted, so…"

Tony watched Gibbs walk down the path to his car, then ran to catch up to him, "Wait"

Gibbs turned around.

"You can't just show up and leave just like that" Tony told him

Gibbs sighed, "I just…the case…I thought of what I'd feel like if you ever found anyone else. I mean, having to hear about your conquests, I half-wonder if any of them are true and if you're serious about them. I don't want my fear to hold me back"

"What are you afraid of, Gibbs?" Tony asked

"Not being normal" Gibbs replied, "That's why I married three times. Tonight, I didn't really want to go home to an empty house, didn't want to be alone"

"You wanna come inside?" Tony asked

Gibbs smiled, "Yeah, I think I do"

Tony led them back into the house, putting Gibbs' bags on the kitchen counter. They sat down in front of the TV and watched the rugby, drinking beer. Gibbs turned around and watched Tony, studying the young man's body.

"Gibbs, you're making me nervous. Something on your mind?" Tony asked, still watching the screen

"Yeah" Gibbs paused, "Was thinking of…that kiss"

Tony dragged his eyes from the screen and focused on Gibbs, "What about it?"

"You always this naive or are you just making me spell everything out?" Gibbs asked, then huffed, "I was…hoping we could …do that again"

Tony smiled, putting his and Gibbs' beer on the table. He brought his hand up to cup Gibbs' face then leaned in brushing their lips together, then deepened the kiss. Gibbs opened his mouth, giving Tony's tongue access in exploring Gibbs' mouth. Finally, they broke apart, panting for breath. Tony smiled at Gibbs' expression and leaned back, taking a sip of his beer.

Gibbs took the beer out of Tony's hand and put it back on the table, pulling Tony's face back to him. Tony pushed Gibbs back so that they were lying on the couch. They explored each other's mouths, committing it to memory. Gibbs squeezed Tony's ass as Tony ground the erections together. Gibbs gasped and Tony pulled back.

"Too much?" Tony asked

"No" Gibbs panted, "It's better if I just don't think about it"

"You're not gonna regret this later, are you?" Tony asked

"I don't know, ask me later" Gibbs countered, grabbing Tony's ass again, but Tony pulled back

"I'm not gonna do this is you're gonna regret it. I don't want to ruin what we have" Tony told him

"Tony," Gibbs said, cupping Tony's face, "I'll regret it more if we left it here"

Tony accepted the answer and straddled Gibbs, "Tell me how far you want to go; we can stop at any stage"

Gibbs nodded and Tony took off Gibbs' jacket and polo shirt. He dove in, devouring Tony's mouth again. Tony began rocking against Gibbs, grinding against Gibbs, causing them both to groan. Gibbs ripped off Tony's shirt and began exploring his chest, playing with his nipples. Tony took Gibbs white T-shirt off and began kissing down his jaw-line and down his neck.

Suddenly, Tony stood up, "Strip"

"What?" Gibbs asked, half in a daze

Tony laughed, "Your pants are in the way"

Gibbs cautiously stood up, watching as Tony unbuckled his belt. Gibbs followed suit and soon had his pants off, "What are you gonna do?" Gibbs asked

"Nothing your uncomfortable with" Tony replied, taking off his own pants

Gibbs looked at Tony, asking in a small voice, "You went commando?"

Tony smiled, "Don't look so surprised, Boss"

"Uh uh, don't call me ‘boss', not when we're…" Gibbs said, uncomfortably

"You okay?" Tony asked

Gibbs stared at him, then slowly sat down, putting his head in his hands, "Sorry"

Tony sat beside him, putting his arm around him, "Hey, its okay. Ah, is this your first time?"

"Ya think?" Gibbs said, then nodded

"Okay, we'll take it easy then" Tony replied

Gibbs looked at Tony, then down at his package. Smiling he looked back at Tony's face.

Tony smiled back and kissed Gibbs again. Shocking himself, Gibbs took Tony's hand, guiding him to his own package.
Tony took control, pushing his hands down Gibbs' underwear and grasping his hard cock. Gibbs arched into the hold, wanting more contact.

Tony pushed Gibbs back down on the couch and lay on top of him, keeping their mouths locked. Tony slid Gibbs' underwear down and began rocking, still grasping his cock. Gibbs moaned and clasped Tony ass, pulling their hips together. Removing his hand from Gibbs, Tony began tweaking Gibbs' nipples and grinding their erections together.

"Tony," Gibbs panted, "Almost…there"

Tony upped the rhythm, sucking and biting at Gibbs' neck.
"Oh god" Gibbs groaned

"Yes, that's it, like that" Tony said

"Oh…Tony" Gibbs gasped as he came all over them

Gibbs felt Tony move for a few more seconds before came over their stomachs. Tony collapsed onto Gibbs, trying to catch his breath, "I love you, Gibbs" he whispered, but Gibbs was already asleep.

************************************************************************************************************************

In the morning, Tony woke up to find himself wrapped in a blanket. Frowning he got up and looked around.

"Gibbs" he called

When he heard no reply, he walked around his house, looking for the man, but found no trace of him. Tony swore, throwing on his clothes. Damn that bastard! He'd even said he wouldn't regret it.

Tony heard the doorbell ring and smiled, Gibbs must have bought breakkie. He opened the door, "Thought you'd left…Kate?" Tony said, trying not to let the disappointment show, "What're you doing here?"

"Expecting someone else?" Kate asked, wriggling her eyebrows and letting herself in, "Your car broke down, remember? You asked me to give you a lift"

Tony thought of the previous day, then looked at his watch, "You're an hour and a half early"

"Well, I thought, seeing as I'm giving you a lift, you could give me breakfast" Kate responded

Tony smirked, "Ran out of cereal, Todd?"

Kate smiled, blushing, "Yeah"

"What if I'd had someone here?" Tony asked, thinking of Gibbs and how much that would have shocked her

"Well, you didn't" Kate responded, taking a step closer to Tony, frowning

"What?" Tony asked

"Tony, you smell like…" Kate said, pausing momentarily to identify his scent. "Sawdust"

They heard the door open again and someone shouted through, "I saw you had no cereal, so I went to the shops and got some bacon and eggs...Oh, hi, Kate" Gibbs stopped as he walked into the kitchen.

Kate raised her eyebrows, looking between the two men, "You two are...?"

"No, I was just...passing through" Gibbs told her, answering too quickly for Kate's liking

"Yeah, long enough to look through Tony's cupboards and...he smells like sawdust" Kate said ridiculously

"No, really Kate. Gibbs knew I didn't have my car, so decided to pick me up" Tony said

"So, why are you both looking so guilty?" Kate asked

Gibbs opened his mouth a few times, then closed it, managing to look like a fish.

"Kate, come on, you even decided to pick me up and have something to eat," Tony laughed, "Which reminds me, Gibbs, I'm hungry"

"Yeah, but I don't smell like...cinnamon, Tony" Kate disagreed
"You're basing this assumption on circumstantial stuff, Kate" Tony told her

"I have some…pressing matters to attend to" Gibbs said, not thinking clearly enough to think of a better excuse to leave. He put the bag on the floor and headed to the door

"Wait" Tony called, running around to block Gibbs' exit, knowing that if he left, this would never happen again, "Gibbs' don't go"

"Get outta my way, Tony" Gibbs told him

"No" Tony replied, "I think we have to talk about this"

"Nothing to talk about" Gibbs replied

"Please?" Tony asked

Gibbs looked over his shoulder at Kate, then looked back at Tony, "Really, I don't want to stay here"

They heard an embarrassed chuckle from behind Gibbs, "So, you two really are together?"

"Now, Tony" Gibbs insisted, embarrassed

"Never thought you'd resort to screwing the boss, Tony" Kate remarked

Gibbs caught his breath, "Out of my way, DiNozzo!"

"Kate, shut up!" Tony exclaimed, "Don't go"

"If you don't move, I'll hurt you" Gibbs told him

Kate walked up to them both, putting a hand on Gibbs' shoulder, "Sorry, it just took me by surprise"

Gibbs looked at her, his eyes tearing up.

"Can we please just talk this over?" Tony asked

When neither of them moved, Tony showed them to the lounge room and sat them down.

"I really don't want to talk about this" Gibbs said, standing up
Tony put a hand on his shoulder and pushed him back down.

Kate looked between Gibbs and Tony, "So, how long have you two…?"

"A night" Tony replied, when Gibbs looked at the far wall, saying nothing

Kate raised her eyebrows, "Only a night?"

"Well, yeah" Tony responded, rubbing Gibbs' arm

"Ok, how?" Kate asked

"What do you mean?" Tony asked

"Who's idea was it?" Kate asked

"Mine" Tony replied, "I made the first move"

Kate raised her eyebrows again, leaning back in the armchair, "How long have you known you were gay?"

"Bi" Tony corrected, "Since College."

"And you, Gibbs?" Kate asked

"I'm not gay" Gibbs mumbled after a while

Kate frowned, "Bi?"

When Gibbs didn't answer, Tony asked, "Does it matter?"

"I guess not. So, what's with the whole denial thing?" Kate eventually said, gesturing at Gibbs

Tony shrugged as Kate's question was met with silence.

"Gibbs?" Kate asked

Gibbs glanced at Kate, then looked at the floor, "It's just, not normal"

"You have a thing against homosexuals?" Kate asked, confused

Gibbs cringed, "No, I think...you know whatever they enjoy…"

Kate and Tony stayed silent, hoping Gibbs would say more.

Gibbs sighed, "I just think…I mean, they can do whatever they want, doesn't bother me...but..." Gibbs looked up to stare at a point on the wall, "I realised when I was twelve...some friends and I were playing truth or dare...I was dared to kiss this guy...and my dad rocked up, saw us kissing...at home, he called me a fag and...he hurt me, hit me" Gibbs looked down, "Convinced me that...its not normal and ...to get married, have kids...the traditional view of life...said he didn't want a queer in the family"

"You listened to him?" Kate asked in disbelief

"I was twelve, Kate" Gibbs reminded her, "Kind of hard to not listen...when he said it, almost every night"

"He beat you every night?" Tony asked, putting his arm over Gibbs' shoulders

"No, only when…when he thought I wasn't listening…or when he thought I might do something stupid" Gibbs replied, still talking to the floor, "When I was old enough, I joined the marines, got away"

"You seen him since?" Tony asked

Gibbs shook his head, "He died five months after I joined…came back for the funeral, but..."

Tony hugged Gibbs tightly, wishing he could take it all away.
Chapter End Notes:
This is my second slash story, still finding my ground, may read a bit weird. Hope the characters aren't too ooc...
Hope you like it, and please send me feedback! :)