- Text Size +
Chapter 2

"You're late DiNozzo" Gibbs shouted, without turning round, as Tony snuck into the bullpen
"Sorry Boss"
"Where the hell is Kate?"
"I'm here. Sorry I'm late" she said giving Tony a quick smile.
"Go see what Abby found on our case"
"What case?" Tony asked Gibbs.
"The one that you two didn't find out about because your phones were both off last night."
"Sorry I was on a date" the both said in unison and gave each other a smile. They stood up and raced to the elevator and when no one was looking, Tony put his arms around her from behind and took her hands, leaning his head on her shoulder.
"What are we gonna tell everyone?" Tony asked
"Dunno. McGee and Abby will be easy. It's Gibbs I'm worried about. You know how he feels about rule 12. Ducky and Palmer will be cool with it too." The elevator doors opened and they dropped hands.
"Abs"
"Tony!" she said excitedly. She was wearing her tartan skirt and her favorite black top. "And Kate. It's a fun combo"
"Thanks Abs." Kate said. "Is McGee here?"
"Yup. Where else would he be?"
"Good point. Em, we have an announcement to make. McGee! Get out here!"
"What is it Tony?" McGee asked, coming in from the next room.
"Well," Kate continued from where Tony left off "We're getting married" She told them excitedly and they moved closer together.
"That's brilliant!" Abby yelled, like she had had 12 caf-pows.
"Yeah congratulations you guys" McGee added
"What did Gibbs say?" Abby asked, seriously interested.
"We, em, haven't told him yet."
"Yeah, you guys are the first to know"
"Wow I feel so honored" Abby said proudly
"We were just going to tell Ducky and Palmer. But before we go, Abby will you be my maid of honor?"
"Of course I will Kate."
"And McGee, I'm sorry but I'm going to ask Gibbs to be my best man because I've known him longer but I would be honored if you would be one of my groomsmen."
"Sure I will. It gives me an excuse to dress up. Not that I wouldn't dress up anyway but I'd make more of an effort..."
"McGee, shut up" Abby cut him off.
"I'll se ya later." Kate told them as she and her fiancé left. "I told ya they would take it well." She muttered as the elevator doors closed.

"Ducky!"
"Caitlin, Anthony, what brings you down here"
"We have news Duck"
"What's it about" Jimmy asked curious.
"We're engaged!" it was Tony this time who told them.
"That's magnificent. What did Jethro say?"
"He doesn't know Ducky"
"You have to tell him Caitlin. I'm sure he'll be fine with you breaking the rules because you love Tony."
"You think so Ducky?"
"I know so my dear"
"Congratulations guys" Palmer said, glad of being able to squeeze a word in before Ducky started talking again.
"Thanks Palmer. Well it's the moment of truth. Time to tell Gibbs." Tony muttered, worried.