- Text Size +
Chapter 3

"DiNozzo, what were Abby's results?"
"On what Boss?"
"The DNA test DiNozzo. If you don't know the results then what the hell did you talk about?!"
"That's what we wanted to talk to you about."
"We?"
"Yeah. Me and Kate." He took her hand. "We're getting married and I want you to be my best man." Gibbs just had a strange look on his face. He just stared at them.
"You two. Getting married?"
"Yeah. We don't care if we are breaking the rules because we love each other" Tony had never stood up to Gibbs like that.
"Really DiNozzo?"
"Not really. We just want your blessing."
"Well," He paused "Congratulations, I would be honored to be your best man."
"Really?"
"Really"
"That's great Boss. Kate, have you told your parents yet?" he asked, turning to the beautiful woman by his side.
"No, I'm gonna phone my mum now." She said walking over to her desk.

"Hello, Todd residence?"
"Hey mum, it's Kate"
"Kate what's wrong?"
"Nothing's wrong mum, I just called to tell you that I'm engaged."
"Oh Dear, that's wonderful. I didn't even know you were seeing anybody"
"I wasn't mum. I finally decided to tell the guy I was in love with that I loved him, so I asked him to dinner and he beat me to it. He told me first"
"Have I even met this fiancé?"
"Yeah, you met him last year when you visited me. He came over to my apartment. Tony DiNozzo."
"The good looking one?"
"Yeah, the good looking one."
"But you told me he was a skirt chaser?"
"He was mum but he isn't any more. Hasn't been for the past year. That's how I got suspicious that he liked someone."
"Are you sure?"
"Positive. How's dad?"
"He's fine honey. He'll be excited when I tell him he's going to get another son-in-law. I just hope he likes your man as much as he likes your sister's."
"Don't worry, he will. They are both obsessed with cars. It'll give them something to talk about. I might actually get to meet my brother-in-law. I've never met him. Don't even know his name. I might have been if I was at the wedding but they eloped."
"Kate" she heard Tony say.
"Hold on a minute mum" she said, covering up the mouthpiece. "What?"
"My Dad wants to talk to you"
"I'm a bit busy right now. Tell him I'll call him" she said going back to talk to her parents. "I'm back mum"
"What was that about?"
"DiNozzo's, I mean Tony's dad wanted to talk to me."
"I hate to cut this short but I have to go. I'm have lunch with some old friends. I hope you and Tony will come down and visit. What do you think?"
"Hold on, I'll ask him." "Tony. My parents want to meet you. You up for it?"
"Sure. When?"
"When mum?"
"How's next month? Your sister and her husband will be there."
"How's next month Tony?"
"Sure"
"We'll be there. Bye" then she hung up.