- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Gibbs and Tony have some time together.
I look up at the ceiling, squinting in the pre-dawn darkness. It's an instinctive reaction to the faint noise I heard against the shingled roof of the cabin. I cock my head, identifying the noise before dismissing it. Rain. Not sure when it started but it sounds light. Weather report said it would probably rain all Thanksgiving day. Hadn't really expected it to start quite so early, but not like we're out in it so it's not really a big deal.

Tony sighs softly, snuggling in closer to me. The heavy down comforter I pull tighter around us wasn't what was on the bed the last time we were here. Mike probably added it, knowing how cold it gets this time of year.

Mike offered us use of one of the rooms in his house, but I'm glad Tony turned down the offer. I mean, yeah, I'd prefer to stay in a place with central heating, a house with electricity and running water. Comforts of home and all that. But the cabin is certainly more private.

I don't mind Mike's family thinking we have sex; just not comfortable with them hearing us having sex. And I wouldn't put it past Gabe or Zeke to listen at the door, or try to find a way to 'accidentally' walk in on us. While I'm not ashamed of anything Tony and I do together, I sure as hell am not going to put on a show either.

Tony shifts again, an arm and leg wrapping themselves around me, using me as a body pillow. He does that a lot. I don't mind. Having him do that is like being caught up in a warm, living blanket. Never ceases to amaze me just how much heat he puts out. No wonder my bed always seems so damn cold when he's not in it.

Now that I've slept with him, I can tell when Tony's asleep and when he's just meditating. At the office, when he's meditating, Tony's completely still. I mean complete and total; not even his eyes move. He's not really a restless sleeper but he's not naturally the sort to be perfectly still, ever. And his breathing isn't quite as even when he's asleep. There is the smallest hitch on each inhale when he is deeply asleep, something that's absent when he's awake or meditating. Not sure if it's a hold over from his bout with the plague or not.

Dr. Pitt recommended he get a flu shot and one for pneumonia too, just to play it safe. I made damn sure he did. Can't let him take the risk of getting any kind of lung ailment. Damn lucky that Tony doesn't have any allergies and never had asthma.

Tony mumbles something indistinct. I run my fingers through his hair, hoping he's not waking up yet. It's still early, and I want to just enjoy being with him for a bit before we have to get up. Don't get to do that often enough.

He sighs softly again, almost like a purring cat. Makes me smile. Not sure if I like his hair shorter or not. Longer strands are more fun to play with, but it's so soft when he has it cut short. Reminds me of the teddy bear Kelly used to have.

The drumming on the roof is getting louder. Must be raining harder. Damn glad we don't' have to be out in that yet. Don't think either of us have any rain gear. Not a big deal since Mike's house isn't more than a ten minute walk away. Still glad we are in where it's warm and dry.

"Boss?"

"Shhhh," I whisper. "Go back to sleep." He doesn't sound completely awake anyway.

"S'matter?" He slurs, rubbing his cheek against my chest.

"Nothing."

"Why...you...awake then?"

He lifts his head. I can't quite see him frowning, but I know he is. Never met anyone as in tune with me as he is. Would be scary if I hadn't come to rely on it so much.

"Rain woke me," I tell him, keeping my voice soft.

"Rain?" He tilts his head, not doubt hearing the same drumming that woke me. "Hunh. Weatherman said it would."

I cup the back of his head, and lightly it back down to my shoulder. He doesn't fight me, settling in again. When he shivers, I pull him in closer to me.

"You cold?"

"Hmmm?"

"You warm enough?" I try again. I'm pretty sure he's not really with me, but I want to make certain it was my being awake that woke him and not him being uncomfortable.

"S'good." He pats my chest, the movement slow and languid.

I place a kiss in his hair. Most of the time when he's awake, he's awake. It's rare that I get to experience him like this...half aware, relaxed and open. Makes me curious what he'll say if I start to ask him questions. Pretty sure he'd tell me anything I wanted to know---without hesitation, misdirection or humor. It's wrong to want to take advantage of him that way, but the temptation is still there.

"Can...hear...you thinking."

"You can not."

"All those gears whirring and cogs spinning make a lot of noise, Jethro."

I chuckle quietly, amused in spite of myself. He's definitely awake now. I can literally feel him becoming more aware. He doesn't exactly tense up but the weight of him against me lessens as he begins taking more conscious control of his body.

"Never would have guessed you'd be so good at charades."

I can't help laughing. Charades was the game they told Momma C and I they'd been playing when we found them trying to cover up trying to eavesdrop on us. Not bloody likely. No way they could be doing that without making any noise. But Momma C didn't call them on it, she just asked if it the game could handle the addition of two more players. Was a neat gambit that forced them to make good on their lie. She's quicker than I expected. Definitely quicker than her children expected, so I don't feel bad about it. Was a lot of fun. More than I thought it would be.

"I'm good at reading people," I tell him, cuffing the back of his head lightly. He knows this already.

"Yeah, but I never in a million years would have pegged you as being so good at pantomime."

I can just make out his bright grin in the dark as he looks up at me, chin resting on my chest. The peels of laughter he'd let loose, nearly crying he was laughing so hard at one point, face flushed with delight, green eyes dancing---that is a memory I intend to never lose. It was worth acting like an idiot.

"I like to win."

"I could tell." Tony snickers. "I mean the lengths you went to were impressive. Don't think I've ever seen anyone do such an accurate imitation of--"

"Shaddup." Better to cut him off now. I wasn't embarrassed at the time because I was focused on winning; I'm competitive by nature. Just never realized it would extend into things other than the job. It's been years since I was with a group of people to do nothing more strenuous than play a game.

"It's not a bad thing, Jethro. Wasn't like we weren't all a little silly last night." Tony lightly pats my chest, offering physical as well as verbal reassurance. Not that I need it, but I'm not going to object to him offering either.

"And if you didn't play to win, Gabe and Zeke would have wondered if there was something wrong with you."

Given how competitive those two are, I believe him. At least they didn't threaten grave bodily harm yet. But then, they haven't had any time alone with me either. So maybe they are just waiting for an opportunity.

"Gabe and Zeke usually leave that to Mike, Sammy or Momma C. They aren't going to try and corner you and read you the riot act."

Not quite as grateful for his ability to practically read my mind off the job as I am when we're working, but I'm no longer surprised by it. "So it's just Sammy I have to worry about now?"

"Don't think you need to worry too much." Tony places a quick kiss on my chin. "Already passed muster with everyone else."

Yeah, and none of the others had been in the service. Can't help thinking Sammy is going to have more exacting standards. SEALS aren't known for accepting anything less than the best. But then Momma C has an exacting standard of her own--- maybe she let me off easy so Sammy could kick my ass. Would make sense to have her soften me up a little and let him make the kill.

Tony cups my cheek. "You never mentioned a penchant for paranoia."

"Never had so much to lose before," I tell him without actually thinking about it. Wasn't trying to flatter him or overstate the case, I was just being honest. It still gets me a kiss so I'm not at all sorry I said it.

I suck his tongue into my mouth, enjoying the way he moans when I do. Feel him shift so he's lying on top of me, covering me from head to toe. Lean muscle over long bones makes him surprisingly heavy, but I don't mind. I like the solid, weight of him pressing me into the mattress.

Took me awhile to get comfortable with the idea of sleeping naked. Wasn't something I made a regular habit of even when I was married. But Tony likes it when I do, so I try to do it more often. Damn glad I didn't bother with even boxer shorts last night because now there is nothing between us, just his skin against mine.

Never met anyone who feels as good as Tony. His skin is smooth, soft and warm, like heated silk?except on his chest and legs. The bit of body hair he's got is rougher in contrast, but creates this amazing friction when I rub up against him like I'm doing now.

Not sure which of us actually breaks the kiss. His breathing is ragged, and I can hear myself panting. I can't help moaning when he moves to suck at that spot on my neck. And that thing he does with his tongue---God, I love that. I shudder when he nibbles his way down my neck to the hollow of my shoulder. Makes me hiss when he bites just hard enough to leave a mark.

I flip us so I'm on top. I capture his mouth again. His tongue plays with mine---wet and warm, aggressive one second, almost shy the next.

His hands are roaming freely over my back. Feel like his fingertips must be on fire; they make my skin burn in their wake. Makes me hungry for more of that exquisite torture. He swallows the whimper that slips out when he rakes his nails over my skin---so light it almost tickles.

I have to let go of his mouth to breathe. Hate that I can't just kiss him forever, but taking a deep breath has its own rewards. The scent of him is heady?musky and sharp. Wish there was a way to bottle that fragrance. Probably good thing there isn't. Walking around with a perpetual hard on would be embarrassing, not to mention painful.

I search for the spot just below his ear that always makes him shiver. I move my hands down his sides, making circles with my thumbs. He arches his back, hips thrusting against me. I ride it out, moaning when his hard cock rubs against mine.

He's saying something, but for the life of me I have no idea what. Hell, at this point, I couldn't even tell you the language. All I really know is I like the deep, rough quality of the voice. It's the only time he sounds like this. That voice, that one is mine.

I'd like to slow down, take our time. Not sure what it is about sex in the morning, but for us, it's always so damned intense. I've tried to slow it down before---like trying to damn a river with toothpicks. Not a chance in hell. Can't say it's all bad though---this frantic, passionate, just give it to me now morning sex. No, not bad at all.

Tony is grinding against me, kneading my ass with those incredibly talented hands. I am matching his every movement?thrusting, rubbing, sliding. Feels so good. So very good.

I nuzzle his chest until I find that hard, pert point I'm looking for and suck hard. He makes this most amazing little mewling sound. I keep at it, sucking, biting, laving-- anything to get him to make that noise again and again.

I find myself making some noise of my own when one of his fingers presses against my opening. He just rubs back and forth?a teasing caress, with no penetration. I'd like more, but that would mean stopping and trying to track down the duffle bag neither of us thought to unpack last night. It feels way too good to stop now.

Tony's movements are rougher now, harder, less coordinated. He wraps his legs around me, trying to do the impossible and pull me in closer.

I use both hand to tilt his head for a good angle so I can kiss him again. I breathe out when he breaths in. His tongue in my mouth, then mine in his.

He breaks the kiss when arches his back. The tendons in his neck stand out in harsh relief, mouth open in a silent cry as he comes. It's enough to bring me over the edge with him. I growl out his name, hugging him tightly to me, shaking with the force of my orgasm.

I lay on him, tying to catch my breath. Takes a bit before the blood pounding in my ears actually quiets enough for me to be able to hear his heartbeat. It's a strong, steady rhythm that I've become very familiar with.

I sigh when he starts petting me. His fingers slid through my hair, then down my back, over and over.

We should probably think about moving. Maybe do something about the mess we made between us, but all I want to do is stay where I am and bask in the glow. Tony doesn't seem to inclined to move either. At least I don't have to worry that I'm too heavy for him. Took me awhile to figure out he likes my weight on him as much as I like his weight on me.

"What time do we have to be at Mike's?"

"Not until nine...ten maybe."

I don't have to look up to know he's smiling---sleepy and content. Can hear it in his voice, in his heart rate and breathing. Can almost feel it in his touch.

"Sammy...and Dan won't be here...till eleven. Depends on when they left. Traffic. Usual." Tony yawns. "Dinner isn't until one."

"Should we help in the kitchen?" I don't really want to, but it's only polite to offer.

Tony snorts, sounding amused. "Momma C wouldn't let us in."

I suspected that might be the case from some things said last night, but I wasn't sure. Thanksgiving dinner is evidently hers, and hers alone to make. Another family tradition.

I pull up the comforter that slipped off at some point, covering us both. The rain is still beating steadily against the roof. A few more hours of sleep sounds like a great idea.