- Text Size +
Chapter 11

"Ouch" Mac yelled, pulling away from her father.
"Sorry Sarah" he said, pulling to the edge of the autopsy table. He was giving her stitches. "Well you refused the painkiller"
"I did not, you didn't have any"
"Oh yes, that's right" he said, giving out a chuckle. "I know you dear, you would normally fight back"
"Yes I would. I didn't want to look guilty and you know, I didn't was to aggravate her. She was very pissed off."
"I suppose that is true. Ok. You're done"
"Thanks dad. See you when I get back from Italy." She said. Giving him a peck on the cheek and grabbing her coat.

"Hey guys" Tony said, walking into the terminal. McGee was standing in between Mac and Kate; he was looking nervous and very uncomfortable.
"Now boarding, flight 125 to Rome from gate 5" a woman's voice said over the intercom.
"That's us. Let's go" Mac said, picking up her bag and walking away.
"Mac, don't forget the gear!" McGee reminded her, handing her a black case.
"Thanks McGee" she said, taking it off him and walking towards security, pulling out her bag and weapon permits. The guard waved her around the metal detector and walking away.
"Come on Tony" Kate told him
"Yes Dear" he joked. She threw him a look but secretly she was loving it.

"I LOVE ITALY!" Tony yelled, stepping out into the heat. It wasn't scorching but it was a hell of a lot warmer than D.C. at this time of year.
"Come on DiNozzo. Let's get to the hotel" Mac rushed him.
"Jesus, what's eating you?" it wasn't what was eating her but what she had eaten. She could have sworn the pizza on the plane was bad. She picked up the equipment and sat in the back of the cab.

"The hotel is quite nice" Kate commented walking into the room. They had managed to get the one that looked into Baker's house across the street. They had a laser microphone and a camera. Just like the one they had on the Cmdr Voss case. "Maybe we should get some sleep. We have a big day tomorrow."
"Thought you'd never ask Mrs. Fox."
"Funny" Kate said to him, looking over her shoulder. They all went to separate rooms and shut the doors in unison.

"Mr. Baker I have your guns" Tony said the next day. He and his ‘wife' were posing as his new suppliers.
"You better not disappoint me Jimmy boy." Tony couldn't place his accent. Irish, Iraqi and something else.
"We wont" Kate assured him.
"And you are very suspicious Mrs. Fox. You don't seem like the type. What is your profession?"
"I'm a librarian"
"A librarian? Oh perfect. Someone who knows what they arte talking about." He said, but his tone implied the opposite.
"Where do you think I learned so much?" she whispered in his ear.
"And you don't look married" ‘God, there is just no pleasing this dude' Tony thought.
"Lie" Mac said through his ear piece. They only had one. The other was broken.

*flashback*

"What do you mean it is broken Mac!"
"I mean it isn't working Kate!" Mac yelled back.
"Look guys…"
"Shut up Tony!" they both yelled at him and he backed off.
"Look we still have Tony's"
"Oh yes, drinks are on me" she said sarcastically.
"Well, it's the best there is Kate!"

*end flashback*

He didn't say anything. "Um, ok then" Mac said, thinking aloud. "Um, kiss her!" she yelled at him.
"You want proof of marriage? I'll give you proof." He pulled Kate's arm and swung her into a passionate kiss. ‘Hold back on the tongue, hold back on the tongue' he told himself. ‘Is that hers?' it was. She had gotten carried away and was actually kissing him. This went on for about a minute. "Um, Tony?" he heard Mac say. "Too much, pull back" he did so.
"That wasn't a married kiss. I know you aren't who you say you are"
"Shit Tony. We've got two armed thugs coming in the front" Mac warned him. She abandoned her post, grabbing her sig on the way.

"Hey Doc"
"Hold on a minute Doctor White"
"Who's that?" he looked up. It wasn't his fellow doctor, but Mac.
"I thought you were in Italy?"
"I was. My flight just got back." She walked over to him and pulled his up, a hand coming under his belt. She pushed him up against the wall and into a passionate kiss. She drew a knife from her ankle holster and slid it down his torso, cutting all the buttons off his shirt and then dropping down and undoing his zipper with her teeth. She popped back up and whispered a single word in his ear.
"Chris"
"Chris" he voice deepened and the accent changed. He lifted his head off his desk with a yell. "Jesus, what's up with you?" Dr Paul White said. The older man sat in front of his desk.
"Um, nothing." His hair was all over the place so he pulled out a comb and started to tidy it up. "Are you looking for the chart?"
"Yes do you have it?" Chris started raking around on his desk. It was his first day back at work and he had a lot of paperwork to do. "I want you to take a look at this patient with me."
"Ok" Chris aid trying to get up but he fell back into his seat.
"Dude, have you got a hard on?"
"Yes" he said, reluctantly.
"From what?" his fellow physician laughed.
"Look here's the deal. I had a sex dream about this really great girl, we have a date tomorrow night."
"Good on you man. Is she hot?"
"Very"
"Ok. I'll leave you to it" he said, laughing and walking out.

Tony saw both men run in, guns blazing. He and Kate both pulled out their weapons and managed to take them both down. Tony heard Kate pull the trigger once more and then the click of an empty chamber. Baker took his chance. He grabbed Kate round the waist and held his own weapon to her head. "Say goodbye to you wife Mr. Fox" Tony didn't have to. He had seen Mac enter and aim.
"You say it first"
"What?" he heard the shot before he felt it. Mac had hit the back of his head and Tony saw the bullet explode out his forehead. He dropped dead to the ground, letting go of Kate. She wiped the blood off her face and turned to Mac.
"Thanks" she said, very reluctantly. "I could have got out of it myself." Kate brushed past her and across the street to the hotel, Mac just looked at Tony and he gave her a look which she translated to: ‘don't get me involved.' He left as well. They packed up the gear and headed for the airport.

"Good old freezing D.C." Tony said sarcastically, heading for baggage claim. He stood there for an hour then he went up to the desk. Everyone but the three of them had left. "Excuse me, my bag isn't on the conveyer belt."
"What is your name sir?" the man behind the desk was young and blond. He looked new.
"Anthony DiNozzo"
"We have no record of your bag being on the plane Mr. DiNozzo"
"What!"
"We will try and locate it for you as soon as we can."
"Fine" he said walking away.
"That's harsh man" Mac said, patting him on the shoulder then picking up her own bags and hailing a cab.