- Text Size +
Chapter 12

"DiNozzo. Big D little i big N little ozzo." He aid to the woman on the phone. Mac just laughed at him. "Look, my bag was lost on one of your flights. I just want to know when I can get it back. No. no, don't put me on hold. Aargh!" he yelled, slamming the phone down on the desk.
"That's hard luck man" Mac told him.
"Yes it is"
"Not a very good airline then. The food made me ill"
"Yup. Maybe we should sue"
"Don't be stupid. Mac Donald." She said, picking up the phone. "Cool. I'll come visit soon" she hung up. "Abby's back. I'm gonna go see her." She said standing up.
"Tell her I'll come down later"
"Ok" she said, heading for the elevator.

"Abby!"
"In here." She yelled back "God, what happened to you?" she said upon seeing her stitches.
"Oh, Kate hit me"
"Really? It is so out of character.
"Yes well I apparently pissed her off somehow."
"What did you do?"
"That's just it. I don't know."
"Oh well"
"How is Chris?"
"Fine. I hear you have a date"
"Yes. Is that ok with you?"
"I think it's great"
"Really?"
"Sure. If you get married, you'll be my sister."
"Slow down. We haven't even had our first date yet."
"What are you doing for it?"
"He is cooking"
"Lucky you. He is a brilliant cook."
"Yes. He's doing it at my place"
"Oh, and who knows where that can lead" she hinted.
"Shut up Abs" she said, nudging her. "Got to go. Tony says he'll be down later." She said, turning and walking away.

"Mac Donald, where is your incident report for Italy?" Gibbs asked ten minutes later.
"It's on your desk Gibbs" she informed him.
"Good, I'll read it tonight."
"Right, bye Guys. See you tomorrow." They all said goodbye, apart from Kate.

She heard a knock at the door. She opened it and saw Chris standing there, a bag of food in his hand "Hey Chris"
"Hey Mac, wow you look great." She was wearing jeans and a red silk top. He was wearing black trousers and a light blue shirt. "I love your place" he admired, it was quite big. It was mostly open planned and modernly furnished. "You did a good job of covering up those stitches."
"Obviously not good enough"
"No. A normal person wouldn't have noticed but I know what stitches look like."
"I suppose so. What are we having?"
"Lasagna. Is that alright?"
"Brilliant. Kitchen is down there" she said, pointing to her left.
"Great, I'll get started."
"Can I help?"
"If you want. It could be fun."
"Thanks." She said, following him to the kitchen.

"Chinese take out. Brilliant" Kate said as she opened the door. Tony was standing there holding a carrier bag. She smelt the food and he walked past her, headed for the couch. "Beer?"
"Great, got any DVD's?" he asked, genuinely interested.
"Have a look. Cabinet under the TV."
"Cool. Fight Club"
"Put it on if you want"
"Ok" he said, excitedly.

The end credits came on and Kate switched the TV off. She saw Tony turn around and stick out his hand. ‘What is he doing' she thought. He reached for her neck and turned her cross, which she always wore, the right way round. "Well I better get going" ‘ask him to say. This is your chance' she told herself.
"Yes, I'll see you tomorrow." She said, walking him to the door.
"Yes" he said and walked toward the elevator. She shut the door and banged her head repeatedly on it.
"Stupid, Stupid, Stupid." She muttered to herself before turning off the lights and heading for bed.

Mac woke up and felt heat on her back. She rolled over and found Chris, head resting half way up her spine. She ran her fingers though his hair and reached for her watch on the bedside table. "Shit, I'm late" she said and rushed to the shower. When she emerged from the bathroom, already fully clothed, Chris was just putting his on. "Hey, sorry. I'm running late. Help yourself to some breakfast and then let yourself out. I'll se you later" she said, giving him a quick kiss then rushing out.

"Sorry I'm late Gibbs. It is like a car park on the Beltway"
"Ok" he said, not really listening. "I'm going to see Ducky." He got up and left.
"I know that look" Tony said to Mac. They were the only ones there. McGee was with Abby and Kate was in the head. Tony had already told her this after Gibbs left.
"What look?" she said innocently. She knew damn well what look.
"That happy one. You got layed last night"
"Could it not just be that I got a good nights sleep."
"Was is?"
"No"
"I knew it"
"I dunno what you are saying. You are the one that is in love with Kate. Spent the whole night with her and didn't do anything."
"Shut up Mac and stop trying to get me worried."
*Cough. Cough* it was Abby. She had a weird look on her face and they both knew she had heard the whole conversation, or at least the bit about Kate. "Abby" Tony said, obviously worried.
"Erm..." she said, finding her voice.
"Abby?" Mac asked
"Yes?" she was in a daze. "This is great, does Kate know?"
"No and she isn't going to find out" he ordered them.
"Ok" Abby assured him. "McGee owes me 50 bucks" Abby said to herself, walking away.
"Tony, I am so sorry" Mac told him.
"It's ok. They would have found out sooner or later" he walked over and answered his ringing phone. "DiNozzo"
"Mr. DiNozzo, we have located your suitcase. You can pick it up today."
"Thank you, I'll be along soon. Bye" he hung up. "Mac, will you give me a ride to the airport? They found my bag"
"Sure. Anything after what just happened." She said, grabbing her keys.

"What the hell?" Tony said to Mac as they were driving along. They had come upon a fight. Both got out and split it up. A couple of teenagers, arguing very physically about something. They both took one, Tony the bigger and older of the two. He fought back, hitting Tony with something. She heard him give out a whimper before cuffing the guy. They handed both of them over to the local LEO's who had just arrived. "Let me see that" Mac said to Tony. He pulled his arm out of his shirt. "That must hurt. I'll take you to the hospital. Looks like you broke your clavicle." She phoned Chris from the car. "Hey, I'm coming down to the hospital with Tony. Some kid hit him with something. I'm no doctor but I think he broke his clavicle. Ok" Tony could only hear one side of the conversation but he got the jist of it.

"Yep, you were right" Chris said, looking at the x-ray. "Broken clavicle. Will take a while to heal" he said, putting a sling on him.
"Thanks Doc. Got to go. I have to get my bag from the airport."
"Maybe you should stay over night"
"No Doc, I'm fine."
"No he's right Tony" Mac said "I'll pick up your bag."
"No, they need a signature."
"And you don't think I can fake your signature?" she joked. "Fine, but you are not driving. She you later Chris" she said, walking out behind Tony.

"Wait in the car" he told her, leaning through the window. "I'll be 20 minutes at most" after 30 Mac got suspicious., she started pacing and then sat on the bonnet of the car, debating, whether or not to go inside when a women ran up to her. She had obviously seen her badge.
"I think I recorded a man being kidnapped" her accent was foreign. She handed a video camera to Mac and she pressed play. The tape showed and older man and a young boy standing in front of a plane that was about to take off. They camera swung to the side and it showed two men bundling another into a car. The kidnappers were big guys and the victim was hurt. A sling on this right arm.
"Tony" Mac said, worried. Her partner had just been kidnapped.