- Text Size +
Chapter 17

"Thank you all for coming" the priest began. It was cold snowy but very crisp and the sun was still shining. "I had the pleasure of knowing Anthony and I traveled all the way from Ohio because I was that proud to know him." Tony's casket was sitting in front of him, closed. Mac had still not arrived but they were all hoping she would make it, at least to the wake. "Some of his friends and coworkers would like t say a few words." Gibbs stepped up first.
"I would like to tell you what a great man Tony was…" Gibbs said. Ducky went next and then McGee and Abby did a eulogy together. Tony's father did a long one then it became the time Kate had been dreading. Her turn. She brushed past Mark and stood where they all had before her. She was really nervous and didn't know why.
"I had the privilege of knowing Tony," she began. She promised herself she wouldn't cry, but she didn't think she was going to be able to keep that promise. "He may have been a skirt chaser but he was a great man and a great agent" it had just hit her. He was dead. How could he leave he like this? "and that son of a bitch left me before I had the chance to tell him how I felt" she yelled, very pissed off.
"That's not a nice thing to say at a funeral" said a male voice. They al spun around and saw two people standing there, a man and a woman. The man was wearing a sling on his right arm
"Tony"

All they did was stare. He was wearing a pair of green scrubs and had a stitch through his left eyebrow. "Hey Kate" he said, a big grin on his face. Mark was the first to move. He shook Tony's hand before pulling him into a hug. Tony never broke eye contact with Kate. She was the next to go. They hugged for about a minute. Everybody could sense the awkwardness.
Screw it" she muttered, grabbing the back of his neck and pulling him into a kiss. They pulled apart after several minutes, gasping for breath. The woman beside Tony was the one smiling now. "You did this?" Kate asked her.
"Aye" she said, her blue eyes twinkling.
"Thank you Mac" Kate said hugging her.
"Just don't stab me this time" she whispered in her ear.
"Thanks Mac, I owe you one" Tony said, letting go of Abby who had tackled him.
"A lot of people seem to owe you one" Kate pointed out.
"I know. It is my evil plan, so when I go for world domination, you all have to join me."
"You said that with such a straight face"
"I know. I can't believe I did." She smiled at them. They really did make a good couple. "I'll leave you two alone" she told them, walking away.

"Where'd you find him?" Abby asked Mac
"In a car boot in Maryland. Got a trace on his phone."
"Nice work MacDonald" Gibbs said, walking up.
"Thank you Boss"
"Looks like you wont get his desk after all McGee" Gibbs said, laughing and walking away.

"Are you ok?" he asked her.
"I am now. I thought I'd lost you."
"You did for a while"
"Yes well, I didn't realize how much I'd miss you till you were gone." She couldn't look him in the eye. He stopped walking and looked down at her. He kissed her again. It was just as brilliant as the first time. "Tony,"
"Yes"
"I love you"
"I love you too" they started walking again. A strange feeling came over her. She felt the crosshairs lining up on the back of her head. In that moment she went as stiff as a board, then she heard it.
BANG!!!!!!!