- Text Size +
Chapter 18

The gun fell to the ground. She looped her foot under the body's arm and turned it face up. She saw the twisted look and heard the people run up. "Bastard" she muttered. This man was pure evil. She could see it in his eyes, no remorse for what he had done.
"What the hell happened?" Gibbs said, running up, weapon drawn. He looked down and saw the body. "You deserve a raise for that" he kicked him and then turned away. Another two people arrived.
"Looks like I'll have to join your world domination team now, I owe you two." Kate said, still in shock. She had dropped when she heard the shot but it didn't matter. She would still have died was it not for the woman she had once thought was Satan, Mac must have spotted the bastard and shot him before he shot her, just in the nick of time. "He kept his promise"
"Who?" Tony asked, confused.
"Ari, he said I was next"
"When"
"It doesn't matter, you were dead" she said, brushing the question away.
"Why didn't you tell me?" Gibbs said, tuning back into the conversation.
"First off, you weren't there, secondly it slipped my mind. I was too busy thinking about what I was going to say at the damn funeral."
"Well at least he is gone. I wanted to be the one to do it but at least the bastard is finally on hell."
"Well," Mac sighed. "After all this action, I need to go get me some painkillers." She said, heading for the car.

"Hey!" Ross yelled when he saw the woman enter.
"What?" she asked, looking in pain.
"Dr. Scuito was looking for you"
"Brilliant, where is he?"
"Probably in the ICU"
"Which is…?"
"3rd floor"
"Thanks." She walked to the elevator and had to lean on the wall while she waited. The elevator came and she stepped in, disappearing from his view.

"Where the hell have you been!" Chris yelled upon seeing Mac, scaring the little girl he was treating. "Sorry Honey" he said to the little girl. He wasn't in the ICU after all, but in the clinic. He wrapped the bandage round her arm and pulled Mac to the side.
"Sorry Chris, had something to do"
"Do you realise you could have died?"
"Yes, so I'd like some painkillers"
"Mac!"
"What?" she said, stopping laughing.
"This is serious"
"Don't you think I know that?"
"What the hell were you thinking?"
"Well, I was focusing on getting Tony back because he wasn't actually dead."
"What the hell"
"Would you stop saying that, you're scaring her" he pulled a shot out of a drawer and lifted Mac up by the hips, sitting her on the table. "Holy shit you're strong"
"Now who is scaring her?" he was in a better mood now. He rolled up her sleeve and injected the painkillers. A nurse walked in to deal with the little girl, looking at Chris as she did.
"Thanks honey" Mac said, pushing herself off the table, putting her hands on his face and kissing him. The nurse scoffed and threw Mac a dirty look as she left with the little girl. Mac stared in her direction after she had left, a confused look on her face.
"I'll see you tonight then"
"Do you mind if I take a rain check, I need to rest"
"No, it is ok. I could still come round and see if you are ok."
"If you want"
"Are you sure?"
"It is up to you. I don't mind"
"Ok then" she kissed him again, "I need to go. Gibbs will kill me if I am not back soon"
"Really? You shouldn't be working in your condition."
""I know but he is making DiNozzo work straight away and he has been ‘dead' for a week" she grabbed her jacket and headed for the door. She wasn't sure if she should drive, but did anyway. "Making out with patients now are we Chris?" the nurse said.
"No Susan, that's my girlfriend"
"Oh" she said, disappointedly. Chris turned to his next patient.

"Hey Boss, I'm back" Mac said, jogging to her desk.
"About time MacDonald"
"Sorry boss, had to go to the hospital"
"Ok" he wasn't really as mean as he seemed.

"Ma'am, I don't understand" a probie said to a woman signing to him. "Ma'am, I don't understand sign language" he pleaded with her.
"Can I help you Agent…?" Gibbs said, seeing what the commotion was.
"Jones sir, Eric Jones. I don't understand sign language"
"Good job I do." He looked at her hands. She was signing: ‘I need to talk to Abby Scuito, where is she?' he signed back : ‘who are you ma'am and why do you need to talk to Abby?'
"Sophie?" Gibbs heard a woman say, confused.
"What?" he said, turning to find Mac.
"This is Abby's mum" ‘what is it?' she signed ‘Abby is hurt, I need to see her. Is she here?' she signed back. All three of them ran to the elevator and hit the button for Abby's lab.

"Abby!" Gibbs yelled, running into her lab, as concerned as one person could be.
"Gibbs, what brings you down here?" she said, worried at the look on his face.
"Abs, are you ok?"
"I'm fine Gibbs, why?"
"Your mother burst in saying you were hurt" Gibbs said confused. "Well she signed actually"
"My mother?"
"Yes" Gibbs moved aside, revealing Mac and Sophie.

*Sign conversation*

"Mum?"
"Are you ok honey?"
"I'm fine, mum. What did you think happened?"
"I thought you'd been stabbed. Chris called and said he couldn't visit because someone he loved had been stabbed. I figured you were the only one he loves up here so I came as soon as I could."
"Um…I wasn't the one that was stabbed" Abby signed a shocked look on her face.

*end sign conversation*


She looked round at Mac. She had turned out of the conversation and was staring out the window, one arm leaning on the other, her hand over her eyes. "Um.. Mac, did you catch that?" Abby said, kind of shocked.
"Um…yes" she said, she was just as shocked. "Big bombshell to deal with" she joked, running her hands through her hair.
‘What, I don't get it?' Abby's mum signed.
‘Mac was the one that was stabbed' Abby explained
‘wait, I don't get it' Sophie looked confused
"Chris loves Mac" Abby said, signing at the same time.
"Yes, well. We've only been dating for a month"
"Do you love him too?" Abby asked, she seemed to be really interested in this.
"I think so. We have only really had one date. He's coming over tonight. I'll have to deal with it then" she still looked shocked as the elevator door closed in front of her.