- Text Size +
Chapter 21

Mac was still dizzy but she managed to dodge all the swipes Susan took at her, but once she was too slow, the knife nicked her side, only slightly drawing blood. "Shit" Mac cursed. She went to move towards the other woman, but only faked. Mac jumped at the other woman's hesitation and made a play for the knife. She was able to grab Susan's wrist and get some control. Susan still had a hold and they struggled. Mac fell against the bed, still not waking the sleeping Abby, but fortunately landing on the call button. She used her new position as leverage, kicking Susan off but unfortunately letting go of the knife. The angle that she kicked sent Susan spinning off to her left, twisting and landing on her front. Mac regained her upright position and took a defence stance. Her attacker was still on the ground so she rolled the other woman over and was even more shocked at what she found. The blond woman had her eyes closed, and a knife buried in her stomach up to the hilt.

The door flew open and Chris and another nurse were standing there. It took them a while to gather what they were seeing. A sleeping goth, a dead psycho and a bleeding Scot. Mac was propped up against the bed but had managed to stop her side bleeding. The living nurse ran over to her friend and checked for a pulse. She found none. "You bitch" she yelled at Mac. "You bitch! You killed her!"
"No, she fell on her knife" Mac said very calmly.
"It is your knife"
"Wrong again. She pulled it"
"She would never do that"
"Well, she did" she felt something move behind her and spun around to friend he friend sitting up.
"Woah" Abby said.
"Yup."
The nurse ran at Mac and swung her arm. Mac stopped her easily, grabbing her arm and twisted it behind her back, without even moving out if her leaning position. She pulled cuffs from her belt and pulling the other woman's other hand behind as well and locking the cuffs. "Not a good idea to assault a federal agent"
"Um…Mac" Chris stuttered from the door.
"Yes, I know" She replied, trying to stay calm.
"I'm gonna get you arrested, and then I'm gonna fucking kill you!"
"Good to know" Mac said sarcastically.
"Oh shit!" a young girl screamed from behind Chris.
"Oh…um." Mac stuttered, she wasn't very good with kids. "Um…Chris" she said and he instinctively understood. He moved in front of her and looked down, trying to see how she reacted. Before he could say anything she ran to a phone and dialled 911.
"Police please" She said erratically. "I have to report a murder" she said through sobs.

Two cops came in through the door 15 minutes later. The site even shocked them. Mac and Chris had vacated to a seat left of the bed, where another woman was lying and there was another sitting in the corner, handcuffed. There was also the body, still lying in the middle of the floor. Mac stood up when they came in. The youngest one went over and tried to pull the knife out. A second before he did Mac yelled at him. "What the hell are you doing?! Are you trying to contaminate the scene! Are you new?"
"Um…yes"
"Yes, well, you don't do that, just FYI"
"Who killed her?" the more experienced officer asked, hoping to get an answer to make the case easy and get home in time to see his wife before she fell asleep.
"No one, she fell on her knife"
"Look at her. I can also see you, she fought back" he said, indicating to her side.
"Nope. She got me first" Mac said, putting up with his ignorance.
"Bitch" a voice came from the corner. "She is a liar. She murdered her in cold blood"
"Oh my God, what the hell" Mac muttered. The officer came towards her, cuffs out. "What the hell are you doing?" Chris said, standing up and moving in front of Mac.
"Chris, if the want to arrest me for something I didn't do, then… cuff me bitch" she said sarcastically, holding her hands out in front of her. The man moved, trying to put the cuffs on her. "I'm not serious, I'm not gonna let you arrest me for something I didn't do" she said, shoving her hand in her pockets.
"What did happen then?" the young officer said, deciding to believe the young woman.
"She tried to smother me, I got her off, then she pulled a knife, nicked me" she said, pointing at her side. "I got some control, kicked her off and she fell on the knife." Mac said, sitting back down. The door flew open once more. "God, shocked it hasny come off the hinges," her accent really showing. There stood a silver haired man, a good-looking younger man, a beautiful woman and a puppy looking man. "Hey guys, just in time to watch the show" Mac said to the rest of her team.
"What the hell are you doing?" Gibbs said to the LEO, seeing his cuffs out, pointed towards Mac. "Put them away. She hasn't done anything."
"How do you know?"
"She said she didn't do anything, and I believe her" Gibbs said with complete certainly. This put a grin on Mac's face. "Come on MacDonald"
"Yes Boss" she said, grabbing her jacket, giving Abby and Chris a hug and following Gibbs out. In the hall they met another problem.
"Tobias" Gibbs said to the other man.
"Gibbs. MacDonald" ‘how the hell does he know my name' Mac thought to herself.
"Take it you're here to arrest me?" Mac told him.
"Wow Gibbs. An agent you finally knows what the hell the law is" a taller man brushed past Fornell and spun Mac around, shoving her against the wall and locking the cuffs round her wrists.
"Great, just great" She muttered to herself.

It was cold in the jail cell, but Mac didn't bother. She was a Scot, she was used to cold weather. She felt lying on the floor was more comfortable then on the thing they called a bed. They hadn't taken her handcuffs off, much to her annoyance, but she took them off herself, after shooting, picking locks was her speciality. "MacDonald, you have a visitor" a guard told her.
"Finally, someone who believes me" she muttered to herself. "Or not" she said upon seeing the man. He was in his fifties and what was left of his hair was white.
"Special Agent MacDonald"
"Agent Pullman"

*Flashback*

"This is Agent Pullman" Fornell told Mac. "He will be investigating this case"
"I'd say good luck arresting a killer but chances you'll arrest me for not doing anything"

*End Flashback*

"So you are telling me you didn't kill her?"
"Again, yes. Forensics will back that up."
"I don't believe you. You have opportunity and motive"
"No I don't. Opportunity but not motive"
"Yes you do"
"Oh my God, what are you, 5?"
"You have motive. You were sleeping with her husband, he wouldn't leave her for you, and so you killed her"
"I'm not sleeping with her husband, I didn't know she had a husband and I don't know who he is"
"Um…" Pullman said flipping through is notebook. The next three words he said made Mac feel like she had never felt before and her face fell.

"Dr Christopher Scuito"