- Text Size +
Chapter 22

"Mac, get your coffee" Chris said, a tune in his voice. He stuck it in through the bars of her cell. She ignored him and kept doing what she was doing, staring at the ceiling on her back from her bed. "Mac" he repeated himself. She still didn't reply. "Hello, anybody in?" Still no reply. "What's up with you?" she sat up slightly.
"I dunno, why don't you ask your wife. Oh that's right, apparently I killed her" she said, flopping back down on the bed.
"What the hell are you on about?"
"Don't play dumb you bastard" he reeled back from the blow, shocked that the love of his life would speak to him that way.
"Mac,"
"What" she half yelled, getting pissed off.
"What the hell is wrong with you?"
"Like you don't fucking know!"
"Mac,"
"Just piss off" he did what she wanted, he did not want get her bad side.

"Abby?" Chris said, walking into his sister's hospital room.
"Hey. Baby brother!" she said, turning down the music on her stereo, although it was still loud.
"Hi" the look on his face made her turn it off completely.
"What is it?"
"I need you to talk to Mac…"

"Mac?" Abby said, leaning on the cell. Chris had signed her out on the condition that she came right back after talking to her. Mac was in the same position as before.
"I take it Chris asked you could come here"
"Yes. He wants to know what he did"
"Look Abs, I know you are my best friend and that you wouldn't have let me date him if you knew"
"Knew what? Is he gay or something?" normally Mac would have laughed, but she was still so pissed off she just stood there.
"Married" she uttered the single word.
"WHAT!"
"Yup"
"No, it can't be…"
"It's true"
"That Bastard!" Mac nodded. "Don't worry Mac, I know you are in here so you can't kick his ass, but I will."
"Thanks Abs" she said, hugging her through the bars.

"I need to talk to Christopher Scuito" Abby told the nurse.
"Um…"
"I need to talk to him NOW!" she was very pissed off, and her gothic look scared her so she decided to get him.
"Where is Dr. Scuito?" she asked an intern near by.
"I'm not sure"
"Well page him for me, this freak want to know" Abby was about to give her a hell of a tongue lashing when a bigger man stepped in front of her and moved up close to the nurse. His low voice was very intimidating.
"You say anything, anything like that again, and it will be the last thing you ever say" he spun round and Abby was shocked to see who it was.
"McGee, where you been hiding your bad ass self?"
"Um…I um…"
"Back to normal I see" ‘shit!' she thought, she still had to deal with the whole baby situation, but now was not the time, she had a brother to deal with first.

"Well?" Chris said, seeing the two people enter. Abby didn't say anything but kept walking towards him. She hit him from the side, making him reel back, her ring leaving a groove in his face. "Abs!" she put her leg behind his and shoved his over then landed a well placed kick to his stomach, right on his wound, he yelled out and jumped up, catching her arm before she hit him again. "Abby, what the hell?!!" he said, restraining her.
"Why the hell would you do such an evil thing to my best friend!!?"
"What did I do?" he said, she had calmed down again.
"The fact that you were married without telling anyone, then dated one of my best friends, when you were married, and then only finding out when your stupid wife died!!" she said, yelling again.
"Abby, I'm not married" he said calmly, a little confused.
"Well not anymore, she's lying on a slab at the FBI"
"Would you please explain?"
"That crazy nurse bitch. I can't believe you married her."
"Abs, stop being so cynical. I did not marry that bitch, I have never been married."
"Then why the hell did she say you were?"
"I dunno, did she?" Abby pulled the paper that Mac had given her out of her pocket and handed it to him. He read it quickly. It was an information form for a blood test.

Name: Susan Marsh
DOB: 19/04/76
Emergency contact: Christopher Scuito
Relationship: Husband…

With this he stopped reading. "Why would she say that?" McGee asked.
"I'm not sure." He said, putting the form in his pocket. "I'm gonna sort this all out. No wonder Mac was so pissed off" he said, brushing past McGee and leaving Abby in a very awkward situation.
"Well" Abby said nervously, "Bye" she said, leaving McGee confused and alone.

"Hey Mac." Chris said, walking to her cell for the second time that day.
"Hey. Can't I get a visit from someone good, like Tony or Kate"
"Mac, I need to explain…"
"What, the fact that you are an adulterous bastard? Yes, you do"
"Mac, I am not married, and never have been."
"Well, why should I believe you now."
"Jesus, what's with all the cynicism. First Abby now you."
"Why the hell should I believe you!"
"Because it is the truth"
"Really." She said sarcastically.
"Really. I love you. Here. There is no record of a marriage or anything of that sort" he said, handing a file to her. She sat down on the bed and flicked it open. She sat for about five minutes. Then she stood up and wandered slowly over to the bars. She dropped the file and, doing the best she could, pulled him into a passionate kiss and then a difficult hug.
"I love you too. You're face look dodgy, what the hell happened?"
"Abby hit me"
"Great. Sorry"
"You're lucky to have a friend like that."
"I know."
"Mac,"
"Yes?"
"Will you marry me?"
"Of course" she whispered in his ear before kissing him again.