- Text Size +
Chapter 23

"Wow, can this day get any better?" Mac said happily as the guard unlocked the cell door.
"Well, I guess you didn't murder her after all agent MacDonald" Fornell said as she passed him.
"What'd I tell ya" she joked, walking out with her fiancé, ‘wow' she thought to herself, that sounded weird.

"McGee!" Tony yelled over the bullpen.
"What is it Tony?" McGee said uninterested
"Who is this on your cell phone?"
"Tony!" McGee yelled, grabbing his phone back from Tony. "My sister"
"She's hot"
"Tony!" yelled Kate for opposite him.
"Sorry honey" he said before he felt a hand whack him over the back of the head. "Mac, you got out of jail already?"
"How'd you know it was me not Gibbs?" she asked, walking into his line of sight.
"You slap harder than Gibbs" he said, and it made her laugh.
"Mac!" a voice screamed behind them.
"Hey Abs" Mac managed to say before the taller woman was upon her, arms round her neck.
"Did you kick Chris in?"
"Nope, got engaged to him instead"
"What?!"
"Yup" she said, a big grin on her face.
"Well, congratulations" Abby said, hugging Mac again.
"Congrats Mac"
"Thanks guys"
"What the hell is going on?" Gibbs said, seeing the cluster of five people.
"Mac got out of jail." Tony told him
"Oh right. Welcome back MacDonald"
"Thanks boss" she said, then moving past the others, moved Abby to the side. "Abs, I think you should talk to McGee now."
"Mac, I'm gonna get round to it"
"Oh, come on Abby, we both know that you will put out off till he figures it out for himself. He's smarter than he looks." Abby tried to deny it but she knew Mac was right.
"Fine" she said nervously, walking past Mac and whispering to McGee. Then moving him round the back of the stairs to the open space.

"Abby, what it is" McGee said, seeing the worried look on her face.
"Um…McGee. You know I love you right?"
"Yes, I love you too Abs, are you ok?" he said, getting more nervous by the second.
"Yes…um, kind of. McGee, I'm pregnant" she said, bracing herself for his reply.
"Oh, um" he stuttered
"It happened when we were dating."
"What!" he roared. "Abby!" he yelled, brushing past her and practically knocking Mac over as he went through the bullpen. Mac came past the stair and saw a shocked look on her face.
"Now that was not what I expected" Mac told her.
"Me neither. I have to talk to him"
"Um…Abs" Mac stopped her. "I don't think he wants to talk to you now. Maybe give him sometime to cool off?"
"True. He doesn't want to talk to me. You should talk to him"
"What?"
"Please Mac?" she pouted.
"Fine, but you owe me one" she added, turning on her heels and heading for the elevator.

"McGee?" Mac shouted as she entered autopsy.
"What is it Mac" he said and she saw him sitting on one of the benches. Ducky or Palmer were nowhere to be found.
"McGee, what the hell was that all about?"
"I guess you would find out sooner or later, Abby's pregnant."
"Yes, I know but why the big reaction?"
"It happened when we were dating, she cheated on me."
"McGee, use that brain of yours, she didn't cheat on you, you're the father."
"No, it's not possible. I…um." He sighed. "Two years ago I found out I was infertile"
"Well, call it a medical miracle, because I would bet my life that you are. Abby wouldn't cheat"
"Are you sure," he said, tearing up a bit.
"Positive. Ha, just like Abby's pregnancy test."

Abby jumped up from Mac's desk when she saw McGee and Mac step off the elevator. McGee was striding in front of her and didn't say anything when she began to stutter. He used his strength and pressed Abby up against the desk and pressing his lips against hers. He felt her become less tense, although the opposite occurred for the others. Mac had a huge grin on her face, so did Tony and Kate, but Gibbs sorta looked horrified. They pulled apart, and Kate was shocked to see just how shocked Abby was. Her look of shock turned to happiness. "What did you do?" Abby said to Mac, looking round McGee .
"Slipped him something" she laughed. Abby turned her attention back to McGee and gave him a hug. He whispered very quietly so only Abby could hear.
"Abby, I love you will you marry me?"
"McGee" she whispered back. "We shouldn't get married just because I am pregnant."
"It's not just because of that, I love you, and I want to"
"Ok then" she said happily.
"Seriously?"
"Yup" she said, hugging him again.
"Well, after that, I think we should call January 19th engagement day." Mac said.
"You have very good hearing Mac"
"Why thank you" she said.

"You know Kate, I was thinking" Tony began as they entered her apartment.
"'Bout what?" Kate asked
"Since it is engagement day," he said, causing her to laugh. "Kate," he said turning her round and kneeling on one knee. "Will you marry me?"
"Hell of a lot of proposing going on today" she said nervously.
"Kate, I'm sorry I…" he stuttered, getting up.
"No Tony, I just um…"
"No Kate, it is ok" he said, although he didn't sound it.
"Tony, I was just shocked. Yes, I'll marry you."
"Score." He said, shoving his hand in his jacket and pulling out a small box.
"You were prepared Mr DiNozzo"
"That I was." He said as he slipped the ring on to her finger.