- Text Size +
Chapter 24

Seven Months Later

"You know," Abby began, "Something is hinky"
"What?" came the voice from the bathroom.
"You were the first to get engaged Mac, and the last to get married."
"Yes, well, that is because, you wanted to get married before you started showing and Kate and Tony eloped when they were on holiday." Mac said, her voice growing stronger as she came out the bathroom, her white dress moved with her body as she fastened her necklace.
"Wow" Kate said, joining the two friends.
"Thanks" she said, smile growing.
"Just think," Abby said. "In a couple of hours, you'll be my sister-in-law."
"And Abby" Mac replied, "Just think, by the looks of it, in a couple of days, I'll be an aunt"
"Very true" Abby said, patting her bump.
"Hey, you guys ready?" Tony said, his head popping round the door. The women spun around so that they were standing in a black-white-black formation, the bride in the middle.
"Yup. Lets roll" Mac said, letting out a breath.
"You nervous?"
"A little." She let out a nervous chuckle. "Come on."

Chris spun around when he heard the music start. He saw McGee walk down the isle with Abby, she was a bit slower on the account of being fully pregnant. Next came Tony and Kate, her wearing a black dress, the same as Abby. They separated and the wedding march began to play. Mac appeared, on the arm of Ducky. They arrived down at the alter and Ducky pecked Mac on the cheek, before sitting down next to Gibbs. Mac and Chris turned round and faced the priest. He began and everyone fell quiet.

"I do" Mac said five minutes later.
"I now pronounce you man and wife." The guests clapped as Mac and Chris kissed. The pulled apart. A low scream was heard over the claps. Everybody was quiet, except for Abby. She was gripping McGee's hand very tightly and their was a puddle at her feet.
"We gotta get you to the hospital" Gibbs said.
"No time" Abby said through gritted teeth. "Shit, he's coming" she said, in pain. Chris ran over, taking his jacket off and rolling up him sleeves. "You seriously think I'm gonna let you look up there?"
"Abs, I'm a doctor"
"Yes, your also my brother"
"Abby" he said
"Fine" she said giving in. and moving her dress. McGee was sitting behind Abby, clinging to both her hands, and she was clinging hard.

20 minutes later, Abby was half asleep, baby out of her. The baby was in his father's arms, and McGee had a look of pure joy on his face. Kate, Tony and Mac were all sitting in the pews, Gibbs was there too. "Come on Abs," Mac said. "We better get you to the hospital, just to check up on you and the baby"
"Yup" Abby said, standing up. Mac put her arm round her and helped her to the car, closely followed by McGee.

"Her and the baby are fine. Have you got a name yet?" the doctor asked after examining Abby.
"Um…Yes" McGee told her.
"Michael" Abby finished.
"Michael McGee, cool" Mac told them.
"Yes" Tony and Kate agreed.
"Um…Mac can I talk to you" Director Shepherd asked her, who had just arrived.
"Sure" Mac said, following her out and shutting the door.
"We have set up another NCIS headquarters in Scotland, and I think you would be the perfect person to start it up."
"Wait a minute, you want me to leave? I've only been here 10 months."
"I know and you don't have to go, I just think it would be a step up and you understand everything over there"
"Ok. Tony and Kate, and even McGee and higher up than me"
"They are all married to people here and are permanent citizens."
"Um, so am I, apart from the citizen bit."
"You might want to talk to Chris" Jenny told her, before walking round and re-entering the room. Mac turned her head back round to see her husband walking towards her.
"Hey" he said , giving her a kiss.
"So, how's it feel to be an uncle?"
"Good" he laughed. "Um…anyway honey, the chief wanted to talk to me. I have been offered chief of staff at Queen Victoria hospital. Encase you didn't know, it is in Scotland."
"Yes, I know" she said a little shocked that the director already knew.
"I dunno what to do"
"I think, maybe we should move there" Mac said, still a little shocked.
"What about you?"
"Director offered me head of NCIS in Scotland."
"Seriously?"
"Yup"
"We doing this?"
"I guess so" she said, giving him a big hug. "Lets go see our nephew" she said, taking his hand and leading him back into the room.

Abby was lying down in the bed, holding Michael. McGee was sitting on the edge of it with her, Mac truly thought they looked the perfect couple. Kate was sitting on Tony's lab in a chair, in the middle of Ducky and Gibbs. The director was standing in the corner. "Hey look, it is the newlyweds" Abby said, causing both of them to laugh.
"Look at the parents" Mac said back, causing Abby and McGee to laugh.
"Guys," Chris began, "Good news and bad news"
"What is it?" Tony asked.
"We both got promoted"
"Great"
"Bad news is, we're moving to Scotland"

"I'm gonna miss you" Kate told Mac, giving her a hug at the airport.
"Me too" she said, breaking apart.
"Bye" Chris said, also getting a hug from Kate.
"Bye Tony" Mac said, before he moved on and shook Chris' hand. "Gotta go, the plane's about to take off." All seven of them stood back into a line as Mac and Chris boarded the plane. They had one last wave before they all turned and walked back to the lot. Gibbs' cell phone rang and he picked up.
"Gibbs? Yes" he said after listening to the caller. "We got a case. Come on"
As they walked to the car park, the plane took off behind them.

no1bean

I am going to write a sequel, should be posted soon. It will take place seven years later.
Chapter End Notes:
the end of this fic, there will be a sequel though