- Text Size +
Chapter 3

"Kate, sketch. McGee, measurements. DiNozzo, bag and tag with me. MacDonald, photos!" Gibbs yelled, walking up behind the girls and under the tape. "What have you got for me Duck?"
"Well Jethro, C.O.D appears to be the stab wound, caught her femoral artery and she bled out. Based on liver temp I'd say she'd been dead about 12 hours. Yes it was a painful death. She was probably still alive when her murderer left."
"I want all of this to go back to Abby."
"I have a knife" Mac said, putting down her camera. She put it in the tube that Tony brought over and started shooting again. "Hey dad, how deep is the wound?"
"About three inches. Why?"
"Just to see if that was the knife. I had a case in Pittsburgh where we thought we had the murder weapon but it was too small. This one doesn't make sense, the knife was about six inches long. Why would you have a six inch knife and only thrust it in half way?"
"I don't know, maybe they didn't mean to kill her and regretted doing it in the middle of shoving the knife in?" Tony suggested
"Could be" Kate agreed.
"It makes some sense"
"I'll know more at the autopsy" Ducky told them "If I find no other stab wounds and Abby confirms the blood is our Major's them it is very probable that it is our weapon."
"I'm done" McGee let them know.
"Me too" Kate said.
"That makes three of us" Mac added.
"Great. Lets get the body and head back to the office" Gibbs said, walking out of the room.
"Mr. Palmer, get the gernie please."
"Yes Doctor"

"What have you got for me Abs?"
"Well, McGee, I have blood, a gun found in her apartment and some sticky stuff found on the knife. What'd you want?"
"What've you got?"
"What'd you want?"
"What've you got?"
"What'd you want?"
"A kiss for one thing" he joked. She pulled him close and kissed him passionately. "I didn't actually mean it but I much preferred that to results. Is the blood our Vic's?"
"The sample on the knife is but not the one collected from her carpet. I'm running it through the database. No hits yet"
"Sticky stuff?"
"Normal arts glue. Very, very, very, very..."
"Very, very what Abs?" McGee asked interrupting
"Watered down, it wouldn't stick two bits of paper together"
"And the gun?"
"Your not satisfied easily are you? It's licensed to a Major Louise Weaver. That's the Vic."
"Great thanks Abby. Just one more thing. I need to return a favor" he grabbed her as she had gone to him and kissed her back.
"Um, guys"
"Palmer! What the hell are you doing here!" he yelled letting go of Abby. His presence had surprised them.
"Oh Well done McGee. You've terrified him again, just like that time he accidentally super glued himself to me."
"Do you think he'll tell anyone?"
"No, you probably gave him a heart attack. Now go before you cause any more trouble" she pointed to the door and he quickly obeyed.

"Probie, where ya been?" Tony asked as McGee rushed into the bull pen.
"Nowhere DiNozzo"
"You might want to take the black lipstick off you lips" Mac said, without looking up from her desk.
"Oh, probie" Tony said, massive grin on his face, "You've been getting it on with our favourite forensic scientist haven't you?"
"Leave him alone Tony" Kate said, defending McGee.
"Why Kate? He deserves it for breaking rule 12"
"Stop being such a bastard DiNozzo"
"Calm down Kate. It's not like you've been making out with Abby. Have you?"
"Of course not DiNozzo, grow up"
"Don't you tell me to grow up Kate"
"Would you two please shut up, I'm trying to work" McGee yelled at them, very agitated.
"Go McGee" Mac congratulated him.
"Ok then let me ask you a question" he began, walking over to Mac's desk. "Are the Scottish all like they are in Braveheart?"
"Keep asking stupid questions and you'll find out" She replied just staring at him. He backed off. A little scared. Kate just laughed.
"So you don't run around with blue faces and kilts on?"
"Do I look like I do DiNozzo?"
"No"
"Then why'd you ask?"
"I was just curious" he said quietly sitting down again
"Did he do it" she heard Abby's voice behind her
"Yup"
"Pay-up" Mac passed a twenty dollar bill over her shoulder and Kate also got up and paid Abby.
"What did you have a bet on?" Tony asked confused
"When you were going to asked her about Braveheart" Abby answered for all of them. "I had today, Mac had tomorrow and Kate thought it would be the first thing you said to her."
"You thought I would last until tomorrow?" Tony asked Mac
"Nope, it was the soonest I could get, they bet before me" Tony's face fell. He would get a lot more insults now, there was an extra person and she was obviously just as good as Kate.
"Kate, McGee!" Gibbs said sneaking up behind them, "your going to Norfolk to bring in Weaver's boyfriend. MacDonald, DiNozzo, stay here and pull weaver's cell phone and credit card records and put a BOLO out on her car, she reported it stoln a couple of hours before she died. Well move!"