- Text Size +
Chapter 4

"Tony" it was a sweet, seductive voice. He looked round from his computer to the woman standing to his right. He was shocked to find that it was Kate, had it been that long since she left? Where had everyone else gone? Last time he checked, Mac was still sitting at her desk. She grabbed his tie and pulled him very close to her. She smelled sweet. It's weird the things you notice. She spun him round so she was closest to the desk. He was a little confused now. She ran her arms along the desk, sending everything there straight to the floor. She span him back round, he had completed 360 degrees, pushed him onto the desk and straddled his hips. "You've been a bad boy Tony"
"Yes I have" he said, playing along "I think need to be punished Kate"
"Yes you do" a massive grin came over his face. He heard a distant voice in the background.
"You need to what DiNozzo?"
"Huh?"
"Kate isn't here"
"Huh?"
"Oh my god, you were dreaming… about Kate!" Mac added, a smile coming over her face.
"I was not" Badly denying it
"You so were Tony, you had a sex dream about Kate!"
"Fine, so what if I did? Please don't tell her Mac" he begged, smile disappearing from his face.
"Why not? It's not like you love her or anything" he was such a bad liar. "Oh Jesus you do. You're in love with Kate!"
"Shhhhh, you don't have to yell it!"
"Don't have to yell what DiNozzo?" Gibbs asked, entering the bullpen
"Um, That Palmer takes Viagra" Mac said, like she wasn't bothered, quickly covering. In spite of what had just happened, Tony still managed a small smile.
"Oh" Gibbs said, for once believing them. "What have you got for me?" Tony stared with a blank look on his face. He had nothing. He had been asleep for an hour.
"Well," Mac began "I pulled her mobile records…"
"Her what?" Tony asked
"Sorry, her cell phone records and it hasn't been used in over a month. I guess she lost it or something" seeing the look on Tony's face so decided to get him in her good books. "Tony pulled the credit card records and she didn't buy anything out of the ordinary. A little food shopping, some new cloths and some movies. A couple of kids found her car this morning, it was burnt out."
"Good job people" Gibbs said, leaving.
"Mac" Tony said, obviously surprised "Thank a lot, I owe you one."
"No problem, just let me laugh at your dream"

Kate and McGee came back after another half hour. They pulled the major's boyfriend in and he was now in interrogation. Mac saw the look that Tony gave Kate and can't believe that nobody knew. She had only known them all one day and she already knew Tony's biggest secret. "Hey Mac," Kate said upon sitting down. "How's about we go out for a ‘welcome to the team drink' tonight?"
"Would love to, but I've kind of got a date"
"Ok, maybe some other time." She said a little disappointed. She wanted to know what Tony had told her. She could see that something made the both of them uncomfortable.
"I could come tomorrow though, is that Ok with you?"
"Sure. You guys wanna come?"
"Yep" Abby said, walking into the conversation. "What are we talking about?"
"A drink tomorrow night" Kate filled her in
"Sorry, can't. Going to a plastic death concert"
"Cool. Could you bring me a t-shirt?" Mac asked hopefully
"Sure. Well, bye" She said, leaving just as quickly as she had come.
"How ‘bout you DiNozzo?" Kate said, picking up the conversation where they left off.
"Can't, busy" he said shaking the question off. The less time he spent with Kate the better. He couldn't risk blurting out his feelings. It was harder to control when he was drinking. Kate seemed a little disappointed at this and Mac wondered that maybe Tony had lied; maybe something had happened between them?
"And McGee is visiting his parents. That just leaves us Mac."
"Great, tomorrow it is."
"Where's the boyfriend?" Gibbs asked coming up behind Kate. She jumped and told him that he was in interrogation. "Mac, I want to see what you can do. You interrogate him" they all looked shocked, especially Mac. Abby had told her that Gibbs only let someone else do the interrogation if he was out. She had told her that she would not get to do it for at least three months, let alone on her first day. "Well?" he stated.
"I'll be right there Boss" She said, still in shock. They all left to stand in the interrogation viewing room, all except Kate. Right at that moment, Mac's phone began to ring. She turned away from Kate, it was a private conversation. Kate picked up a file, pretending to read it, she wanted to know what was going on with her new colleague. Mac hung up the phone. "Well," she said, turning to the other woman, "Looks like I could make that drink tonight. My date doesn't get back from his honeymoon till Tuesday" she told her sarcastically and also disappointed.
"Are you to coming?" Gibbs yelled from around the corner.
"Coming!" they both yelled, catching up with the others.