- Text Size +
Chapter 6

The next day Tony was the last one in. he was surprised to find that Abby was sitting at his desk. "My computer isn't working. McGee is fixing it" she said without being asked.
"Ok" he said walking over to sit down at Mac's desk.
"Do it and I will bash your head in with a mace" she said sneaking up behind him
"Oh, Jesus Mac! You scared me"
"Scare easily don't we?"
"Shut up" Tony was surprised by her attire. He, Kate and Gibbs shifted from formal to casual on a regular basis. McGee was always formal and Abby was always casual. He had expected Mac to be like McGee, always formal but she wasn't. She had switched from a suit to Jeans with a Scotland T-shirt and a black suit Jacket.
‘What was with Tony?' Kate thought. ‘He seems to act weird around Mac. Maybe he has a crush on Mac instead of me? I haven't known her that long but she knows my biggest secret and she seems like a nice enough person not to do anything with him. Then again I might be wrong'
"Listen, Mac" Tony said, pulling her aside. "I know you and Kate went out last night. Did you happen to tell her what you found out?"
"Do you not trust me?"
"I do but I also know what can happen when people drink"
"Look, I don't drink and I was driving anyway and no. I didn't tell her."
"Thank god" he said, moving back into the bullpen with the others.
"Abs, that's your computer fixed"
"Thanks McGee. Mac, you went out for a drink last night. I can't go tonight but how ‘bout tomorrow night?"
"Sure Abs. I'll talk to you later."
"Why are you still sitting on your ass MacDonald? Sanders has been interrogation all night. I think he is ready for our final interview." Gibbs said sitting down. Mac picked up on the word ‘final' and left, just as she had done the previous day.

"What the hell!" he yelled as she entered. "I've been in here all night bitch!"
"Calm down jackass. The only reason you were in here all night was because you failed to co-operate. Sit down" she said the last part slowly. A command, not just an order. He slumped in his chair as she took to hers. "I just want to run over what you said happened again" she told him. "So you went over to Miss Farmer's house?"
"Yes"
"Then you went to Major Weaver's house."
"Yes"
"Did no one have a problem with you dating an officer?"
"They did in the beginning ma'am but we got over it."
"Ok then. So you broke up with Major Weaver"
"Yes" he said, getting pissed off.
"And she was angry"
"Yes" they were both raising their voices to a point where they could be heard down the corridor. They had stood up and were face to face.
"She wouldn't stop yelling"
"Yes"
"So you killed her"
"Yes" realizing he had just confessed he went nuts he shoved the table out the way and attacked her but she was too quick. She slammed his into the wall and cuffed him. "You have been pissing me off all this time. Do you have something against black people?"
"No you prick, I have something against murderers. When the two other agents joined her she just told them to, "Get this bastard out of my sight."

"Nice work Mac" Tony said as they all greeted her in the hallway.
"Thanks DiNozzo"
"He's right. For being the new girl, you did good" Gibbs agreed.
"I take it that's a complement from him?" she asked Kate
"Yup"
"DiNozzo, go pull in Farmer. Ask her why she lied to us" Gibbs told him. They all walked past Mac except McGee.
"Why don't they call you Probie?" he asked.
"I guess it is because you came straight here. I have worked in law enforcement before."
"So if I had become a cop then moved here…"
"They probably wouldn't call you that" she said, following where the others went, leaving him on his own.

The next day was uneventful. Paperwork all day. By 19 00 they were all so tired and bored they begged Gibbs to let them leave. "Please boss." Tony groveled."
"Fine!" the older man growled. "But be late tomorrow and you'll be spending it looking for another job." They all left and Mac's phone began to ring.
"MacDonald"
"Hey Mac," it was Abby "Pick me up at nine ok."
"Cool. See you then" she finished, hanging up.

"Abby" she said knocking on the door.
"Hey Mac. Come in. My neighbour is here so I'll be five minutes"
"Ok" she said, closing the door behind her.
"Gary, come out here I want you to meet someone" Mac looked round and saw the man in front of her. She reacted instantly but unfortunately so did he. He reached for his weapon and drew it 1 second before she did.
"ABBY DOWN!" she yelled and Abby dropped between them. She heard 3 shots from two different guns. The all happened in one second but when she stood she saw Gary lying on the floor, lifeless. Mac had double tapped the area between his eyes. But she had also been hit. She was up against the wall clutching her left shoulder. There was already blood all over her shirt and hands. She couldn't take it any more and slid to her left all the way to the floor, leaving a massive blood smear. Abby ran to her, picking up the phone and dialing 911. Grasping a towel she applied pressure to the wound. Within five second she was also covered in her friend's blood. ‘Thank God she was still conscious' Abby thought.
"Hello. I need an ambulance. 1439 N Maple Avenue, Falls Church, Virginia. My friend has been shot." Mac heard the woman say something but couldn't make it out. "Ok" and with that she hung up the phone. "It'll be ok Mac. Help is on the way"
"Abs, tell my dad" Mac grumbled
"I will. Don't worry" Mac managed a smile and they both sat there waiting for the ambulance.