- Text Size +
Chapter 7

The ambulance arrived 15 minutes later. Mac had lost a lot more blood and her T-shirt was almost completely red. Abby's arms were covered in blood up to her elbows because she had tried to stop the bleeding. Mac had passed out from loss of blood. Abby rode in the ambulance and called Ducky while they were driving; he was going to meet them at the hospital.
When they arrived, Ducky was already there. He had brought along Gibbs. The paramedics rushed right by them and into the trauma centre. "Abs" abs said as she ran to them. He pulled her into a warm embrace and tried to stop her crying.
"I tried to stop the bleeding but it just…it just wouldn't stop" she sobbed hysterically.
"I'll find the bastard who did this"
"I already know who did this Gibbs" she answered "He's lying dead on my living room floor. She got him but he got her too"
"Who is he Abigail?" Ducky asked. He seemed surprisingly calm for finding out that his daughter had been shot.
"I doubt he gave me his real name but he said it was Gary Johnston." They all were silent for a moment then Ducky got a funny look on his face.
"Gibbs, do you have your PDA?" Gibbs handed it over to him. "I think I know who it was." he wrote down the name,
GARY JOHNSTON
And muddled the letter around and turned the PDA around. It now read,
SONNY H JAGOR
"Who is that Ducky?" Abby asked
"The bastard that killed Sarah's grandparents. Massacred them right in their own home"
"That's terrible" Abby said,
"I know. Sarah investigated but the bugger walked on circumstantial evidence. He disappeared and was never seen by us again. Well, until tonight"
"Abby what happened!" it was Kate. She and Tony were walking towards them.
"Abs, you ok?" it was Tony this time. She had forgotten she was covered in blood.
"I'm fine. The blood isn't mine. It's Mac's. she lost a hell of a lot of it."
"Doctor." Ducky had noticed the man coming up behind Abby. She spun around to look at him. He was in his late 40's with thinning blond hair and brown eyes.
"We stopped the bleeding, she should be ok but is still unconscious."
"Thank you Doctor." Gibbs said.
"You're welcome. You can see her in a couple of hours. Feel free to take a seat in the waiting room just now"
"Thank you"
"You can clean up in the restrooms miss. Down the corridor to your left" he told Abby, seeing her arms. He smiled and turned to walk away.

McGee arrived after another 15 minutes. Apart from Abby and Ducky, they had only known Mac for three days, but they were worried. They felt connected. She was new but she was still one of them. Family. After an hour the doctor came back out and told them they could go in and see her. Ducky and Abby went in first, followed closely by Tony and Kate then Gibbs and McGee. She was awake and Abby jumped on the bed, giving Mac a hug. "I'm glad you're ok" she said, not letting go.
"I wouldn't be if it wasn't for you. Thank you Abby."
"Well if it wasn't for me you wouldn't have been shot in the first place."
"Yes but you might have. You didn't all have to come down" she said, turning to talk to the whole group.
"You may be new but you are still one of us" Kate told her.
"It was him Dad"
"I know Sarah. His name was an anagram. Gary Johnston turns into Sonny H Jagor. At least he is gone now my dear"
"Yes but not without leaving his mark" she said, gesturing at her shoulder.

They left after another 15 minutes. The nurse said Mac needed to rest. She stayed in the hospital for the rest of the week. She got out on the Friday but had to stay at home for another 3 days. She came into work Monday morning. She was wearing a sling and wasn't allowed to do field work until it came off. "We have a dead sailor at Little Creek."
"Damn"
"What is it?" Gibbs turned round when he heard her voice.
"I have to stay here"
"Go help Abby or something." He said. "She could use it when the evidence comes in."
"Score"
"Tony, gas the truck." He tossed the keys at him.

"Abby"
"Mac, you're back. And in honor, I'm going Scottish."
"Nice kilt" Abby was wearing a tartan mini skirt. "Gibbs said I could help. I can't go into the field."
"Shame. You're good out there. But you are also very good in here"
"I know. I have my degree in criminology."
"Great. What do you want when the evidence comes in?"
"Ballistics. If there are no bullets and no guns, I'll take DNA."
"Brilliant. I'll take the computer stuff, you take physical stuff to begin with."
"Deal"