- Text Size +
Chapter 9

"Shit, Abby call an ambulance" Mac said rushing over to Chris. "Abs now!" Abby just stood there staring "ABBY!" Mac yelled, taking his pulse. He was alive and from what she could tell, breathing. "I can't get anywhere with this bloody sling on" she said, undoing it and throwing it to the side. Abby came out of her trance, pulled out her cell phone and called for an ambulance, just as she had done when Mac was hurt. He was bleeding but not as much as she had been. Mac picked the sling up and used it to apply pressure to try and stop the bleeding.
"They'll be here in 5 minutes"
"Abby, help me put his up against the wall." They partially lifted and partially dragged him and lent him up against the wall. She pushed the sling into the wound with the heel of her hand of her good arm.
"I'll go tell mum and dad" she said running out of the room. "The ambulance is here." She said when she returned after several minutes, the paramedics followed her. They put him on a gerny and took him to their vehicle.
"Abs, ride with him. I'll follow with you're parents"
"Thanks" she aid, giving her a quick hug and running to get George's car.

"Mr. and Mrs. Scuito?" the doctor asked.
"Yes" Abby answered for them.
"Your son suffered internal bleeding" Abby signed to her parents.
"Um, they're deaf." Mac explained.
"Ok" she said nodding
"They want to know if he'll be ok." Abby asked for them.
"He should be fine. I want to keep him in for a week for observations."
Beep, beep. Beep, beep. It was the doctor's pager. "Excuse me. I have to take this." She said starting to run to the nearest elevator.
"Hey doc! Can we see him?" Abby yelled after her.
"Sure, go right in" she yelled back.

"Hey Chris" Abby said upon seeing her brother in the hospital bed. He was really pale and looked like he had just woken up.
"Hey Abs. Mum, dad and…um?"
"Oh, this is Mac, she works at NCIS with me."
"Hi" he said.
"Hey" Mac was surprised how similar to Abby he was. He was very good looking with Abby's eyes. While her hair was black, his was brown.
"Nice to meet you Mac"
"Same here Chris" he smiled at her and she smiled back. There was a moment of silence and Abby coughed to break it. They looked away from each other and back to Abby. "Abs, I'm gonna phone Gibbs, tell him what happened. You gonna stay here longer?"
"Yes, he'll understand"
"Cool, I'll tell him. I'm catching the next flight back to D.C. glad to see you're ok Chris. See ya later"
"Bye Mac" Abby said.
"Bye" Chris said. "See seemed nice" he said once she was gone. "Cute too"
"Ohh Chris has a crush"
"I do not" he said going red.
"Liar"

"Gibbs, its Mac."
"What do you want?"
"Just FYI, Abby is staying down here, her brother is in hospital."
"Is he ok?"
"He will be"
"I'll get someone to fill in for her."
"I'll do it"
"You sure?"
"Yes, it'll be great. Please?"
"Fine"
"And Gibbs…" she began, but there was no one there. "I hate it when he does that"

Mac went back up to the room. "Hey, where is everyone?" Chris was the only one there.
"They went down to the cafeteria to get me something to eat."
"Ok it's just to say that I'm leaving. I have to go to the airport."
"Oh, that's a shame"
"Yes, Duty calls."
"Well, um. I'd like to get to know you better. Em, give me a call some time." He said handing her a card. "Personal numbers are on the back" it read:

Dr. Christopher Scuito
Alexander Grace Hospital
555-179-225

"Thanks. Um, here is mine." She said pulling one out of her pocket and handing it to him. Hers read:

Special Agent Sarah MacDonald
Naval Criminal Investigative Service
555-137-579

"My personal numbers are also on the back." ‘Well, this is awkward' she thought. "IM me anytime. Well bye" ‘Totally mucked that up' she though, leaving the room. Inside, he thought the same thing.

"Hey guys" Mac said as she entered the bullpen a couple of days later.
"Hey Mac" said Tony
"Hi" it was McGee this time. Gibbs wasn't there and Kate just ignored her.
"Good morning Mac. Yes, I'm fine. How are you" she spoke to herself, kind of offended.
"You're late MacDonald."
"Sorry Boss. Got held up at the airport"
"Go to the lab. You're filling in for Abby right?"
"Yup. Bye Guys"

"Abigail?"
"She's not here Dad. Stayed with her brother in the hospital in New Orleans."
"My, will he be ok?"
"Yes. He's getting out this week and Abs will come back when he does." She was sitting at Abby's desk, playing on the computer. "Oh, she's IMing me now"
Vamp966: Hey. What's going on?"
Scot112: Nothing much Abs. how's you brother?
Vamp966: Got out today. I'm taking him home and coming back.
Scot112: cool.
Vamp966: indeed
Scot112: lol
Vamp966: Chris wants to talk to you.
Vamp966 logged off
Greeneyes14 has joined
Scot112: Hey Chris, how you doing?
Greeneyes14: fine how are you?
Scot112: Great
Greeneyes14: Glad to hear it. Um, if it isn't too much trouble I'd like to ask you a question
Scot112: shoot
Greeneyes14: how bout dinner?
Scot 112: wait you're asking me out?
Greeneyes: look I knew you'd say no. it doesn't matter
Scot112: no Chris, I'm not saying no I am just surprised
Greeneyes14: so you're saying yes?
Scot112: I guess I am. I would have preffered a face to face thing but I'd be glad to. When?
Greeneyes14: two weeks on Sunday. That's when I get back
Scot112: cool. It's a date. C ya then
Scot112 has logged off
Greeneyes14 has logged off.

Ring, ring
"Hello, forensics?"
"Be prepared for evidence MacDonald. We have a case bitch" and with that, Kate hung up. ‘What the hell is up with her?' Mac thought, preparing the lab. She didn't care what kind of a mood Kate was in. She had a date with Chris Scuito.