- Text Size +
Story Notes:
This was an answer to a challenge that read: Simple: Write a story, any genre, any length, any character focus, any pairing, that includes the following: Someone's car breaking down A blind person who *gasp* isn't helpless A pack of cherry bubblegum Abby telling Gibbs, "Last night was amazing." (Take that in any context you wish) Ziva and McGee hiding in a broom closet Gibbs and Abby screaming at each other Someone referencing Douglas Adams Conditions/Restrictions: No Ziva bashing It's kind of an odd story, with lots of random things happening, but I hope you like it! Disclaimer: I don’t own NCIS, Douglas Adams, his books, etc. Yada…yada…yada…
Author's Chapter Notes:
Interesting things happen over a couple of days. Answer to a challenge. Concerts, and visitors, and hiding in broom closets, Oh My!
It was a dark and stormy morning outside of the NCIS office building, but inside everything was as cheery as usual. Tony was entertaining himself by flicking paperclips at Ziva, who was busy using all of her self-restraint on trying not to kill him. McGee was kept occupied by his latest palm pilot gadget.

Seemingly on cue, Gibbs entered the bullpen, his cell rang, and Ziva snapped, finally throwing twenty or so paperclips back at Tony.

"Ziva," Gibbs said before answering his ringing cell. He turned his back on his agents, which was lucky, for at that point Tony took the opportunity to stick his tongue out at Ziva, who mimed strangling him.

"Gibbs," he answered.

"Hey, it's Abby," came the familiar voice on the other end of the line. She sounded angry and stressed out.

"Abs, what's wrong?" he asked.

"Life, the universe, and everything," she sighed.

"What?" If he was worried before, now he was really concerned. She was spouting nonsense.

"That's what's wrong. You know, from that one book, by that guy, Douglas Adams," she answered. The line was fuzzy, but he
caught most of what she said.

"Douglas who? What are you talking about?" he asked. There was a loud clap of thunder that echoed first through the phone and then the office. "Are you outside?"

"Never mind about him! Yes, I am outside, in the middle of freakin' nowhere , 'cause my car broke down," she yelled. Gibbs held the phone a few inches away from his ear.

"Okay, I'll come get you. Where are you?" he asked calmly.

"Oh, somewhere between my apartment and the office, about five minutes from there, along the road somewhere." She sounded nearly hysterical.

"Okay, I'll see you in a few."

"Thanks!" They hung up, and Gibbs grabbed his jacket and umbrella.

"Where you goin' Boss?" Tony asked eagerly, jumping up and dodging a paper ball from Ziva.

"To get Abby." Gibbs replied. "Her car broke down. You three stay here and get some work done. Behave!" Tony looked disappointed and sat back down.

"Yes, Boss," the team answered in unison. Gibbs grimaced to himself. Honestly, some days he felt more like their dad than their boss.
Chapter End Notes:
This was an answer to a challenge that read:
Simple: Write a story, any genre, any length, any character focus, any pairing, that includes the following:
Someone's car breaking down
A blind person who *gasp* isn't helpless
A pack of cherry bubblegum
Abby telling Gibbs, "Last night was amazing." (Take that in any context you wish)
Ziva and McGee hiding in a broom closet
Gibbs and Abby screaming at each other
Someone referencing Douglas Adams
Conditions/Restrictions: No Ziva bashing
It's kind of an odd story, with lots of random things happening, but I hope you like it! Disclaimer: I don’t own NCIS, Douglas Adams, his books, etc. Yada…yada…yada…